Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Forcing Me To Play Interceptions

Hybridon

I can understand some people like it, but to me its one of the worse styles of game design:

1 - It doesnt evoke any co-op, each person sits on a terminal, and you pray that no one goes down.

2 - Its a Defense mission with no dynamics, you could have easily done something like Battlefront 2, and add in neutral troops on Tennos side, to actually make it interesting, but no. Damn the new PVP you want for Dark Sector is exactly what Interceptions should be, just not PVP in the case of Interception.

Now you force me to grind those for T4 keys, and these keys have the worst dilution because you guys cant actually make grind entertaining at all. How many T4 Exterminates will I have to run to get Bo Handle? It took me over 40 T3s to get a single Rhino BP.

If you at least added in 5 items, all with 20% chance, Id be ok with it, but no... I have to farm a boring mission, go up to the 3rd round to maybe get a freakin key. Then I have to pray its the key I want, and then enter after something you put in at 5% because huh, its fun to make players go crazy.

Then you start getting people that quit and you ar elike, meh, only those vets that got saturated... dear DE, stop making us leave cause you cant actually look at your freakin diluted tables...

VOID dilution... MOD dilution... STANCES diluted, KEYS diluted... missions that arent rewarding at all. When are you gona fix the fact that I enter a defense, play 60 minutes, up to wave 40, to leave with a freakin fusion core????

Im this close from quitting also...

Battlefront 2 in this game.....with one giant map and mobs murdering each other.Perhaps an occasional mini-boss spawning on the enemy team.

You just made me incredibly sad with the thought of what this game could have been....

Okay, first of all, no one is forcing you to play them. Just wait until someone is hosting one of those T4 keys and ask for an invite. Is that really so hard?

Anyways, I am glad DE nudged players into playing Interception game modes. I don't know who you play with, but I've never seen anyone just camp a single terminal and kill anything that goes towards it. It's a wonderfully designed level, in my opinion; a lot more exciting than Defense, though I feel like an increase in spawns would make it a lot more enjoyable and challenging.

Community voted in DE's official poll that Interception was bad, boring, slow and (if i'm correct) the most unwanted mission type...

...DE added more and more interception missions to the Universe map, put them even in the Void and made T4 keys obtainable via Interception.

Great success.

Okay, first of all, no one is forcing you to play them. Just wait until someone is hosting one of those T4 keys and ask for an invite. Is that really so hard?

Anyways, I am glad DE nudged players into playing Interception game modes. I don't know who you play with, but I've never seen anyone just camp a single terminal and kill anything that goes towards it. It's a wonderfully designed level, in my opinion; a lot more exciting than Defense, though I feel like an increase in spawns would make it a lot more enjoyable and challenging.

So Im obligated to play with others also? My problem is its all around bad. I cant farm my keys cause its in a boring mission, the one voted most boring as stated by Namacyst.

They also made Interception easier.  Hell, I can solo 3 waves easily now and it's not really that slow.  It's faster than Defense since I don't have to waste time between waves and spawns getting stuck inside rooms/wall.

Before I had the option to play Survival or Defense for keys. Now I have to play Interceptions, when all they need to do is learn how to make droptables.

You dont even need a degree, all you need to know is basic math.

So Im obligated to play with others also? My problem is its all around bad. I cant farm my keys cause its in a boring mission, the one voted most boring as stated by Namacyst.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. You're just going to have to get over it, I guess.

Edited by Zachles

I don't particularly like being forced to play Survival or Defense for those T1-T3 void keys.

Yet, I do. The T4 keys do have to go somewhere, you know? Adding them to defense and survival will just add more dilution to those tables, so our best options would be Interception and Hijack.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. You're just going to have to get over it, I guess.

Or, alternately, he could not play. And generally, when an update makes people who have paid $250 minimum not want to play your game any more, you maybe want to rethink that update.

Or voice my opinion.

I don't particularly like being forced to play Survival or Defense for those T1-T3 void keys.

Yet, I do. The T4 keys do have to go somewhere, you know? Adding them to defense and survival will just add more dilution to those tables, so our best options would be Interception and Hijack.

Easily fixed if you divide the star chart into 4 tiers also, and each tier drops that key. That way I can, you know, play survival, or defense or interception to get my keys.

There are better alternatives, like maybe fixing the game types as to being rewarding. Defense still nets 1 reward at the end and has the worst key chance. Survival at least has a guaranteed key drop at 15 mins, and every 20 mins, only problem being again there stubborness in adding T2 and T3 keys together. They could have easily made it 15% chance each key on any tier.

Bottom line, work on the mission types and make a rewarding key.

Or voice my opinion.

Or, alternately, he could not play. And generally, when an update makes people who have paid $250 minimum not want to play your game any more, you maybe want to rethink that update.

I said that because it is quite obvious DE doesn't care what we think. The fact that the drop tables are worse than they've ever been, after repeatedly saying that they would be fixing the issue, says that much.

I said that because it is quite obvious DE doesn't care what we think. The fact that the drop tables are worse than they've ever been, after repeatedly saying that they would be fixing the issue, says that much.

Maybe if we get enough feedback like the aura situation when they released it, it may work for once.

If it doesnt, then give up and watch the community slowly loose there most passionate players, me included.

Maybe if we get enough feedback like the aura situation when they released it, it may work for once.

If it doesnt, then give up and watch the community slowly loose there most passionate players, me included.

For real. =_____=

My girlfriend says I am addicted to this game, and I have spent upwards of $500 on this freaking thing. This kind of thing makes me really regret it.

The last time I played Interception missions was back during the Tethra's Doom event because it's just not fun to play solo. I'm really not looking forward to farming T4 keys solo on those missions. Maybe once or twice a week when my friend is on I can take it on with 2 people, but I'm not playing with random people, nor should anyone have to for this to be manageable.

Actually, Interceptions is EASY now. On Ceres, already holding 3 rounds, and it's nowhere near the level of crazy that the post-Tethra's Doom interceptions were. At the very least, it's now no more difficult than your usual Defense mission.