Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Forcing Me To Play Interceptions

Hybridon

Actually, Interceptions is EASY now. On Ceres, already holding 3 rounds, and it's nowhere near the level of crazy that the post-Tethra's Doom interceptions were. At the very least, it's now no more difficult than your usual Defense mission.

And it's infinitely more fun than Defense.

Well every mission is boring as hell ..................................................ima just wait and grab everything with plat in 2 months since i have so much left over plat. here is my story :

i thought DE was a good company. the game had potential, so i bought founder's pack to support them. but as time progressed, they added boring crap , more farming, more pointless crap. so yeah it got old real quick , but i have not rly spent  my plat on anything , i believe at some point it will be impossible to obtain anything you want, but i still have 1 k plat because cosmetics look like S#&$ and everything is pointless because no endgame. and about the new pvp mode, it's pointless too. end game for DE  is just dangling the carrot  in dev streams.. keep us hyped for the next crap addition ( thats why i also stopped watching streams). GG, RIP not-boring-warframe.

Well every mission is boring as hell ..................................................ima just wait and grab everything with plat in 2 months since i have so much left over plat. here is my story :

i thought DE was a good company. the game had potential, so i bought founder's pack to support them. but as time progressed, they added boring crap , more farming, more pointless crap. so yeah it got old real quick , but i have not rly spent  my plat on anything , i believe at some point it will be impossible to obtain anything you want, but i still have 1 k plat because cosmetics look like S#&$ and everything is pointless because no endgame. and about the new pvp mode, it's pointless too. end game for DE  is just dangling the carrot  in dev streams.. keep us hyped for the next crap addition ( thats why i also stopped watching streams). GG, RIP not-boring-warframe.

And you'll be back in Update 14 just like everyone else complaining here.

Edited by Kashiki

Im not talking about difficulty, I have no problem with difficulty.

My problem is the mission is boring for me, and I think its unpolished to an extreme. And making me need to go there in order to farm the new keys is my biggest problem.

I actually find Interception to be extremely fun.

As I said, some people like it.

I find it boring, especially cause I use to be a hardcore Battlefront 2 player, Interception is a pitiful attempt at a conquest/flag style mission. It doesnt evoke co-op to any degree, and the way enemies take over is just full rubbish.

But hey, thats me. My complaint is over the way DE keeps attempting to make us play Interception at all cost, instead of stopping, and reworking there game types as a whole, making systems that actually evoke co-op and that bring in risk-reward.

Theres tons of threads on the matter, DE claims to know about it, stream after stream say they are working on this and that, and you actually never see improvements that actually make me feel rewarded for staying 80 waves in a Defense, or 2 hours in a survival. Heck once me and my friends bailed out of a T3 Survival because after 90 minutes we got a freakin UNCOMMON 5. That was like yeah, we endure, we bust ourselves to get the same idiotic reward we could have gotten on the 5 minute mark.

Interception could actually be the perfect conflict map, on your side Grineer and the enemies being the Corpus when you play an invasion for Grineer. Spread the consoles more, and make it a true conquer map, with a number of spawns for both sides. Except you ofc, that have your daily revives, etc. The more you endure, the more you win.

If not that, Interception against Grineer or Corpus you have a Tenno faction on your side. May a neutral faction, all you have to do is use the current hostage skins, add some cosmetic armors and give them some guns and there, you have a neutral faction that could be our allies on these Interceptions.

Ive read many, many good ideas, DE seems to prefer to continue making a game that is walking towards hardcore grinding and no team play at all. Damn, even there leader additions are abysmal and punishing. You have leaders that outright poison you just cause you entered there aura radius, leaders that deplete your energy without touching you, and so forth. It isnt made towards creating challenge, its just plain punishment, the same way slash damage works. You still have your shields up, but if you get that damn slash proc and it deals enough damage, you are dead, with your shields up.

The game is working towards punishing the player. And this last update was a real big kick in the balls. Many have voiced that they gave up on buying Prime Access cause they are feeling as if DE is saying get Prime Access or mindlessly grind to maybe, just maybe, get a chance. And since they encrypted the tables, we cant actually figure out that when they released Rhino Prime, the Chassis had a 1% drop chance, and only on the 20 min mark. We, the player base, are left in the dark and spanked over and over again. Problem is, at some point we end up getting tired.

seriously, why the hell are the new keys only in interception? why not also in the other half dozen game types that are present? is one of the devs so bitter that nobody likes inception that this is the only way they can get us to play it?

and difficulty has nothing to do with it, it's the monotony of just playing the same S#&$ty map and fighting the same S#&$ty enemies in the same S#&$ty mode nonstop

Edited by cro-dog

I really think whether or not you like the gamemode depends a lot on the type of frames you enjoy playing. The frames I play most are Volt, Zephyr, Hydroid, and Trinity. All of them are capable of high mobility with decent survivability except for Trinity, and even then when I play her I don't need to move anywhere, just camp one spot and heal my entire team whenever they might need it.

I'm actually happy there's more to it now, I just wish they didn't nerf the enemies so hard. It's so easy now you can practically just afk in some of the smaller maps.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Interception...this is definitely a personal preference thing.  Personally I despise it because it all but forces you to go with a four man team.  And if your like me, you don't want to get stuck playing with a bunch of random doiks who just happened to show up.  I like playing with my friends.  And yeah sure I might just make new ones if I play with random doiks...but odds are I'll be stuck in a game with one or more intolerable morons that make me want to kill myself.  That's why I play with people I know, I'm not willing to give up my free time to get angry at random people on the off chance I'll make a new friend.

Now I told you all that because I want you to know why I freaking hate interception.  That said, I'm not saying throw it out or anything.  I'd love to see it improved, that would be nice.  But what I am saying is that it when it is used as a gateway mission, and I'm not just talking T4 here, I'm talking regular maps, you really limit that amount of progress players can make in the game.  And add a serious level of frustration that will drive off casual gamers.  I mean I probably wouldn't have been able to explore even half the maps I have open now with the interception missions standing as they do now.  I'm lucky if I can get three friends on at the same time, mostly its just two of us.  And while we have squeaked by some of those interceptions with just the two of us it sucked and there's no way we'd handle anything much over 1/2 or level.

I'd like to pretend that I think the whole T4 thing was a good idea...but when I looked at the posted loot tables I thought, what a rip off.  And then when you add the idea that interceptions are being used as gateways to those...whats the freaking point?  To enrage anyone who doesn't have 40 hours a week to grind this stuff?  Well done.  Speaking as a casual gamer the way the loot tables were set up before sucked.  They didn't need any help.  I mean I just ran my hour of gaming tonight with my friend and we completed 2 T2 survival runs of 30 minutes each.  The rewards were crap.  The best thing we got on the first run was a Latron Prime Barrel (I'll just throw that on the pile back in the Dojo...we are planning to make a Latron Prime Gatling gun out of them all).  Oh and of course back to back two Akbronco prime blueprints.  The second run we got a (wait for it) Larton Prime Barrel and a bunch of fusion cores.  And boy there's nothing better than getting a couple of fusion cores at the 25 and 30 minute mark to make you want to kick someone in the nuts.  Oh and defense now being neutered to give you one reward for your whole run, nice.

See the problem is that serious gamers, and hard core gamers, will get through that.  Oh, they may have to play 40 missions for a part, but they will do it.  However, there's a limit.  Serious gamers start to get aggravated when they see the rewards being continually raised higher and higher out of their reach.  Eventually they just say enough and walk.  Hard core gamers get aggravated too, but there is no force on earth short of death that will stop them grinding out what they want.  And casual gamers?  Eventually we build up to the point that we see the same stuff the Serious gamers quit over, it just takes us longer.  

See Void loot tables didn't used to bother me because I didn't have many keys and really didn't have a frame or weapon that could handle much there.  Now I'm catching up to the irritation that the serious gamers were feeling half a year or more ago.  I remember every dev stream having RNG and void drop tables as a topic.  Now I know why.  And I can see ahead that the T4 stuff is almost completely out of reach...and not because I'll never be good enough to get there, but because I'll never get through all the interception BS to even have a chance to find out.

This makes me sad.  I've played the hell out of this game.  I've loved it.  But it is definitely moving farther and farther away from what I love and more to the type of thing I hate.  You wanna do something for those hard core guys?  Add game badges that can be earned by doing seriously evil stuff.  Think achievements that you can wear in game.  Think how cool that will be when you get the social areas in.  And imagine how awesome that guy who marathon-ed 150 waves of defense will feel showing that off walking around on whatever station he likes to hang at.  See that's something hard core guys can dig, crazy stuff no one else has the patience or ability to try.  "Hey 150 waves of defense guy, that's pretty cool, but how do you like my 3 hour T3 survival with only a melee weapon badge?"

And DE, if your out there, I looked at Loki Prime and Wyrm prime and thought, "Oooooh, me likey."  But then I thought, "Yeah, but that's a lot of money for a pretty looking frame...and I don't even know if I'll be playing long enough to really use up that plat...and...yeah...maybe I'll just hold off."  That's the monetary cost of Interception as a gateway to T4.  And reversing it won't make me go buy that Loki.  See there's a lot of angry people, I figure you'll reverse that decision.  Thing is, you have to do better than that.  I'm not dropping $150.00 on Loki. That's a reward sure, but its fairly trivial and mostly cosmetic.  I'm dropping $150.00 on the future of Warframe.  And with your trend of using the hard core grinders as your benchmark, the game ain't worth it.  

So as your looking at the future, remember the casual gamers are the guys buying prime access and plat cause we don't have the time and inclination to grind for everything.  Remember the serious players, they are the guys who love the game and don't mind doing some grinding, but they damn well want to be rewarded for it.  And remember, it doesn't matter what you do, or how high you raise the bar, hard core players will grind through it, look at you and go "What?  That's all?"

Edited by TheJavaPunk

Interception...this is definitely a personal preference thing.  Personally I despise it because it all but forces you to go with a four man team.  And if your like me, you don't want to get stuck playing with a bunch of random doiks who just happened to show up.  I like playing with my friends.  And yeah sure I might just make new ones if I play with random doiks...but odds are I'll be stuck in a game with one or more intolerable morons that make me want to kill myself.  That's why I play with people I know, I'm not willing to give up my free time to get angry at random people on the off chance I'll make a new friend.

You had my +1 at this. If only I could give more upvotes for the rest.

You had my +1 at this. If only I could give more upvotes for the rest.

agreed. spent 5 hours today farming augustus for T4 exterms.....god damn lvl 10-20 interception drop tables are diluted with mods and T2 keys.....when my group finally finds a T4 exterm and we all keyshare, we end up getting cores and forma...RNG hurts

Okay, first of all, no one is forcing you to play them. Just wait until someone is hosting one of those T4 keys and ask for an invite. Is that really so hard?

Anyways, I am glad DE nudged players into playing Interception game modes. I don't know who you play with, but I've never seen anyone just camp a single terminal and kill anything that goes towards it. It's a wonderfully designed level, in my opinion; a lot more exciting than Defense, though I feel like an increase in spawns would make it a lot more enjoyable and challenging.

Well what kind of response would you expect from a gaming community? It's always usually extremely exadurated and unneccessary per the event.

Some people want T4 keys for their own runs without having to sit and watch the recruitment channel and pray you /w the host fast enough. 

As soon as they added Interception missions to the star chart I wrote them all down & went and made sure I'd cleared them already.  For the 1 or 2 nodes I didn't have open, I decided to check those nodes every time there was an infestation or invasion, hoping to open them up that way.  

I suppose it is obvious that, for me, interception missions are not fun (which is, again, the reason I play video games).

I'd really like a reversal of the forced interception to get my own T4 keys.  I certainly don't want to do T4 missions with a random PUG.  Have them drop as (secondary) rewards from all missions with over a certain level of enemy.  There's no law saying that a Capture mission (for example) can't give me a mod AND a key as a reward, is there?

By doing this, you aren't going to force players like myself to do these missions. What you're doing is setting up these barriers to fun that, sooner or later, I'm going to just walk away from instead of trying to climb over.

Edited by AZAG0TH

Funny... I think that what makes the game more fun is getting the reward at the end of the level.

Interceptions didn't have nice rewards, now they have. So, yay to good rewards on interception. 

Now, is there anything which can be done to make it more fun?

I really don't like interception solo, it's just too stressful trying to keep all those points on higher difficultuy with just one person unless you're playing a speed demon Warframe. And no, I'm not playing with PUGs, that's the one thing I dislike even more than Interception right now. What's worse is that my clan-mates are also really bored of Interception, so getting them motivated to get T4 keys is proving really difficult.

I'm afraid that sooner or later, they'll just up and quit the game and then I'll have to quit too rather than play with PUGs.

Edit: I would definitely like a rebalance with fewer control points for us solo players, or a redistribution for other game types.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Community voted in DE's official poll that Interception was bad, boring, slow and (if i'm correct) the most unwanted mission type...

...DE added more and more interception missions to the Universe map, put them even in the Void and made T4 keys obtainable via Interception.

Great success.

I hope youre sarcastic. "forcing" people into doing something they didnt do before because they hated it, isnt really a good solution, and far from "Great success"

I agree man. My weekly hours playing this game have been steadily dropping.

I am going back to team fortress 2 and ultra street fighter 4.

I hope DE changes stuff for the better. I still have faith though.

Hopefully update 14 will change things for the better.