Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Forcing Me To Play Interceptions

Hybridon

DE pls get rid of RNG thank.

Seriously though, RNG is just luck.  That's all it is.  It works when you're trying to amass a certain amount of an item, because in that case the item you're looking for is usually common enough so that the only difference is whether you get it in an hour, or two hours.  That's fine.

But when you're looking for ONE thing, trying to find a needle in a haystack, RNG puts a blindfold on the player while trying to accomplish the same thing, metaphorically speaking...

When I'm farming for Titanite in Dark Souls, it works fine, because I get Titanite at a steady pace.  I may get more of it or less of it on one run, but I can see the results.

When I'm farming for materials in MH3U, it works fine because I'm getting some of the things I need every run or two, and the "rare" carves are from the tail or something, so that's not RNG-based at all, it's skill based.

When I'm farming for a Rhino Prime Chassis in Warframe, it does not work because I cannot be assured that that blueprint will ever drop, because theoretically it is possible that it will never drop.

There is no sense of progression when chasing after one thing in Warframe.  It's a slot machine that takes 40 minutes to an hour to pull the lever down, and then you get something disappointing anyway, and that's no fun for anyone.

What about the people who LIKE interception? You'd be forcing them not to play it either. 

Besides, have you tried it Solo? Its pretty damn fun

Uh no, I never said dont take out the prizes from it, I said make them obtainable from other places also.

Like I said, I know there are people that like it, my problem is that now to get T4 keys we are obligated to play it.

But Defense is the blandest mission type of them all, it's truly boring as hell.  Interception is way more interesting in comparison.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

SO MUCH THIS

regardless of the similarities, IMHO interception is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> def/surv (and yes im aware that surv is far more rewarding with drops)

sidenote, interception makes NO sense at all in the void, just like defense makes no sense anywhere or survival makes no sense on planets and still pretty dumb on ships (why dont they just cut off life-support and lock all doors? how does lotus send you air? why do the warframes need air? (u see them exposed to the vacuum of space on extraction)