Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Prime Weapon

Arunafeltz

... Laser Rifle? Aw come on. Why is a Prime Sentinel armed with a reverse-engineered dysfunctional piece of Corpus trashware?

Hey. Hey hey. You know those Orokin Drones that detach themselves off the heads of Fusion MOAs in the Void? Yeah, let's give the Wyrm Prime their gun. That surprisingly powerful weapon that fires a barrage of GOLDEN LASERS BLASTS. PEW PEW PEW. They're all from the Void right? I hope that makes sense.

It needs a Laser Rifle Prime. Obviously it doesn't add anymore gold since the weapons aren't visible on Sentinels, but it could have some different stats!

should have an unique projectile and muzzle flash.

But yes, I really had expected the Sentinel to come with a Prime weapon version that was somehow better than the Laser Rifle.

Perhaps a Beam Weapon, fitting to how the Orokin Defenses are either energy beams, or just copying the turrets that spit out a decent amount of golden pellets of pain.

It also breaks Lore. How is the Wyrm Prime - you know, A PRIME, ancient Orokin Tech - equipped with tech taken from a civilization that didn't show up until AFTER the Orokin Empire fell? I think DE had a minor oversight there in bringing it out without a proprietary prime edition that is "original". You could say that Corpus copied THAT design for their laser rifles, if you want. But make it feel SPECIAL. :P

Edited by ScorpDK

... Laser Rifle? Aw come on. Why is a Prime Sentinel armed with a reverse-engineered dysfunctional piece of Corpus trashware?

Hey. Hey hey. You know those Orokin Drones that detach themselves off the heads of Fusion MOAs in the Void? Yeah, let's give the Wyrm Prime their gun. That surprisingly powerful weapon that fires a barrage of GOLDEN LASERS BLASTS. PEW PEW PEW. They're all from the Void right? I hope that makes sense.

Amen.

It also breaks Lore. How is the Wyrm Prime - you know, A PRIME, ancient Orokin Tech - equipped with tech taken from a civilization that didn't show up until AFTER the Orokin Empire fell? I think DE had a minor oversight there in bringing it out without a proprietary prime edition that is "original". You could say that Corpus copied THAT design for their laser rifles, if you want. But make it feel SPECIAL. :P

Yeah that's my biggest annoyance with this personally, I actually wouldn't have minded so much since I have potatoed and well-Forma'd DMR, Sweeper and Stinger in my Sentinel arsenal. But the Laser Rifle we armed our Wyrms with were reverse-engineered from Corpus technology, why in the world would the original Wyrm Sentinel come with this lump of crap by default?

No DE, no this is not the time to throw the Guardian Laser Repeater blueprint, barrel and receiver into T5 Void. Just give the weapon to everyone who has crafted the Wyrm Prime, perhaps with its own slot if necessary. I think those who actually crafted the Wyrm Prime deserve it anyway.

a Fusion Drone Laser Repeater sounds like a pretty neat gun for a Sentinel. dat's a lot of Dakka!

and the goldish colored projectiles is also very appropriate.

Perhaps a Beam Weapon, fitting to how the Orokin Defenses are either energy beams, or just copying the turrets that spit out a decent amount of golden pellets of pain.

just remember that Continuous Weapons are horrible in Warframe currently, and we'd want to fix Continuous Weapons before a Sentinel with one would actually be useful.

I have a theory, actually... One theory that is completely disbelieved by the Wyrm Codex entry but screw it, i'm going to stick with it.

My theory is that in the time of the Orokin, Sentinels were like helpers and non-combat drones. When the time came, we Tenno had to equip our Sentinels with weaponry due to the times of war, therefore the weapon equipped on the Wyrm Prime is actually a newer Tenno Design that improvises a weapon for the initially unarmed drone.

Then the lore entry craps all over that saying stuff like the Wyrm is a "bodyguard" and it's somehow the "Orokin's last line of defense"(Who the hell sets a bunch of Wyrm in ANY sort of line of defense, especially the last one?!)

But i still like my theory that Sentinel Primes are actually non-combat drones. If DE doesn't fix this sort of thing they i will mentally.

Edited by ReiganCross

I think this is how it should be

Wyrm Prime - Should get void rapid fire laser turret gun

Dethcube Prime - Should get the solid defense laser beams from the void

Shade Prime - Corrupted corpus shotgun? (if the dps/utility is to low, buff on both sides please :s)

I agree with the original post, I'm working on getting the Wyrm Prime, but it is kind of a let down that it uses the exact same weapon as the wyrm, I mean I was expecting at least a prime version with some polarity slots and a different animation and stats. I especially like the idea of making it similar to the MOA drones.