Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 13.7.2

[DE]Megan

So let me see if i understood it correctly. Absorb deals magnetic damage which has bonus againts corpus. Most people use magnetic combo on corpus, which means i got to be in absorb for like 1min to kill decent lvl enemies cause i cant absorb team damage. Hmm wait just dont use absorb ever again, team kills them before u absorb enough damage nvm :P

-Looks at Nyx "fix"-
-Looks at pistol forma'd several times specifically for magnetics, used in every single serious mission for the past few months-

-sad face-

I'm with everyone else on this one. It might be a nice band-aid fix, but absorb resisting all magnetic damage is seriously going to dampen some of the other players contribution to the mission.
I guess until this gets relooked at, we'll all have to build our weapons to work against the enemy AND to cooperate with Nyx. She's such a diva.

so am I understand right that making it toggle-able actually buffed the skill rather than nerf as you originally intended?

The ability to toggle Absorb was intended as a buff though, iirc from the red text when the update dropped back then.

Well, I'm just going to assume this was a band-aid, temporary fix until we get that better solution.

It didn't need a band aid fix - we could have waited until they did it right (and I don't even have a Nyx).

Seriously, of all the things that need fixing - this is what rises to the top of their list?  

For example: How about the fact that Banshee's Silence is STILL broken despite supposedly fixing it.  If you try to use any ability while silence is active, silence gets "stuck" and has no effect on enemies, and the player gets to listen to the muddy sound effects for the rest of the mission with none of the benefits (and no, I can't just recast it).

How come the host/player1 still can't shoot turrets in corpus tileset missions?

How come mods and resources still go flying off ledges?

What about all the player complaints regarding the forced interception missions to get the new tier4 keys?

Why is it that after the Prosecutors are supposedly fixed and repopulated on Ceres they still aren't appearing in missions?  Ran 3 non-defense missions yesterday & they never showed up.  Only time ever seem them lately is Defenses.

Speaking of Prosecutors, why is the drop rate for Delta beacons so impossibly low?  (Other than the obvious fact that DE would rather I spend $20 on Hydroid or grind Prosecutors for the next 5 months).  And why are the only mobs that drop these beacons only available on a certain tile-set that often changes hands making it impossible to even attempt to get them?  And why do I need to do this repeatedly when Vey Hek gives me the same blueprint over and over, instead of the ones I need.  (I've said it in a previous post, but this grindwall is getting ridiculous & really pushing players, myself included, away from the game.  GRIND =/= Content and GRIND=/=FUN.)

Why was this Nyx fix urgent enough to get a horrible "band-aid" when all the other issues with the game go un-addressed??   Were people having too much fun with it?  (There are many, many more issues than I've listed here - and these have been around for months)  
Edited by AZAG0TH

Good to see that half of the Void RNG problem is fixed!  Now you just need to remove all meaningless key drops from the Void, since that's obviously not intentional and is in fact a bug... right?

p.s.: when are we getting Interception for Conclaves, cuz dammit, you know that'd be sweet

Edited by Kappatalist

WHY DE? WHY?

ALWAYS MESSING UP MY S#&$.....  im about to throw this damn frame in the @(*()$ trash.... all the UNNECESSARY warframe  D.E.-BUFFS.... please stop....  F*** man....

-GRAYFOX

P.S. im still &!$$ed about NOVA

P.P.S

Rebecca i still think your hot.

You know, I've been playing for about a year (or maybe more I cant remember) and these issues and more come up every time there is an update, nerf or a hotfix - I wish the people who comment in here would go to the rest of the forum and chime in because there is one sentiment here and quite another in the rest of the forums. People get attacked when they mention issues in other places - they act like they never heard complaints. But here where the realistic people are, there is a balance - but there's nobody coming in telling us "Warframe is fine, it doesn't need a fix..." because we know better - there can always be something tweaked and they do not always get it right; one thing for sure, no matter what you think - if you don't say anything it will never get addressed.

• Made Nyx's absorb resist magnetic damage so that you can't generate endless damage by chaining absorbs.

hmm.

so absorb now will not increase in damage from magnetic weapon' damage?

Edited by low1991

I dislike the fact that Nyx absorb is resistant to Mag damage now. It basically screws people over who have magnetic damage and want to help nyx make a bigger boom.

Have to say the magntic damage resit is not the best solution isnt it possible to make it ignore other absorb explosions instead?

So uh... instead of just figuring out a solution to make Absorbs not interact with eachother you made them... resist magnetic damage. So Disruptors and Shock Leaders no longer actually contribute damage to Absorb. And so any allies using weapons with magnetic damage are able to contribute less efficiently. Cool. Great.

So much this... and realistically, who was ACTUALLY trying to chain Absorbs? Those few "I've farmed it all" Uber-bored lifers in Council chat, that's who. Nothing wrong with them having a little fun and trying to get a super high number, but nobody does this in standard gameplay, since it takes a level of coordination unknown to most players. The gimping of Absorb as Herotos and spookyghosts pointed out is far worse than taking away a little fun from some Council members.

Please reconsider.

And while you are at it, fix Oberon's Renewal to heal Sentinels as well... long overdue.

Changes:

• Made Nyx's absorb resist magnetic damage so that you can't generate endless damage by chaining absorbs.

LOL, are you serious? So I can't charge absorb sphere by my weapons with magnetic damage (when I fight against corpus and corrupted) or by Mag's Shield Polarize explosion... DE, maybe you will start to think about consequences of your actions before you do them?

So much this... and realistically, who was ACTUALLY trying to chain Absorbs? Nothing wrong with them having a little fun and trying to get a super high number, but nobody does this in standard gameplay, since it takes a level of coordination unknown to most players.

I did, tho now it's time to do antimatter drop spamming, 4 energy siphons, trinity with energy spam, spam that amd, that is actually even better way to clean rooms. And survival areas, and defence objectives :)

Hum... I have a hard time believing THIS was a top priority... With all the stuff not working properly (or not working at all), you thought THIS was more important? I think someone should sort out their priorities. Just my opinion of course.^^

Why not make Absorb NOT absorb other Absorbs. Waow so many absorb...^^'

I sincerely hope this is temporary. VERY temporary. Not 6 months temporary^^'.

Oh and like many stated, what about weapons with magnetic damage?

Restared playing this game 2 weeks ago after more then 5 month off this  game after horrible decision to go to pay to win you guys made...WTF did you do to void? This is ridiculus did a few T1 survival in general 45 minutes get me 2 parts if i'm lucky,1 fusion core 5 uncommon(WTF it doing in void reward...fired who ever decided that...)and 6 tower keys 3 or 4 where T1 def(again WTF void keys in void reward that so low and crappy(trying to not go off...).Void reward are diluted be major crap city of void keys, fusion cores and forma (that should be random alerts but i can live with it)maybe remove them before adding cheap(boring,annoying and easy)boss in void.

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue with Interception rewards being stuck at the first tier.

There was a bug where interception rewards at wave "3 - infinite" beeing the same over and over. Was that fixed here or is the fix for something completely different?