The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Think Stalker Should Drop His Helmet?

Krion112

I don't know about anyone else, but I think it'd be really cool if one of his drops would be his helmet. I just like the look of it, and I think it'd be cool to use it as an alternative helmet on any Warframe. I'd use it on my Volt, personally, and maybe I'd invest one of my customization presets on Excalibur to recreate the Stalker's appearance.

Either that or something similar to it.

Anyone else think so too?

Edit for Pre-Arguments:

So far, the Stalker's "Uniqueness" is most peoples' argument. But why, really? He's not all that unique: He uses other warframes powers, he uses an excalibur body, we can get his weapons, which I hate (ironically), but we can't get his helmet because it's 'unique'? Hek, he can be so easily taken down, apparently, that most people complain he's too weak, so why not? You know his only three unique properties are:

He's computer controlled

No-one else can use Dispel, and even then Zanuka kind of has it.

His helmet.

You can even get all his colors, all his weapons, and you can outmatch him. So why can't I take his helmet if I can take his bow, kunais, and scythe?

Edited by Krion112

Nah, the stalker should stay as the stalker. We should not be able to look like him.

No. The Stalker is a unique enemy that we shouldn't be able to look like. Take his weapons, sure, but parts of his armor.. no.

The irony here is that people complain he's too easy. He's not all that unique in that manner. But hey, just a thought. Though I agree it less appropriate to get his helmet, I was just seeing what other people thought. Although, I still want his if not something similar to his helmet.

Edited by Krion112

Hmm, would that be a good idea?

Nope, forget it, no way.

You have to remember, it changes color too. But still, matter of opinion. His 'Uniqueness' still isn't a valid argument, given how much people complain about his lack of ability to kill them, and we get his weapons, none of which I like, so why can't I have his helmet? Just saying really though, I want to see what people will bring to argue or agree with this.

Also, just saying, I think with the right colors, that Valkyr with the Stalker helm looks cool.

if we could get it as a trophy for our ships then yes

That'd be cool too, if they do the boss trophy things, haha.

Edited by Krion112

Nope, why would developers do that, I myself think that Stalker should keep his unique helmet.

Either way we are going to have tons of Excaliburs and Ashes with Stalker's helmet.

Edited by NyancraftG

Nope, why would developers do that, I myself think that Stalker should keep his unique helmet.

Either way we are going to have tons of Excaliburs and Ashes with Stalker's helmet.

Why would they not do it? So what if Excaliburs and Ashes put on Stalker's helmet, it's no detriment to the game, it's an aesthetic. If people want to emulate Stalker's appearance, why can't they be allowed to? They'll never get his cloudy particle effects, and they'll never have dispel, so you can't confuse them for the Stalker anyway.

If anything I would like to see a Stalker statue for the dojo, but for him to drop his helmet no way.  

Why not the helmet?

Edited by Krion112

Interesting, I wouldn't mind having his helmet, not that I would run around with my ash in it instead of his overly awesome looking locust helmet. +1 from me sir and or madame.

Ash Prime btw, gotta happen sometime DE :D

Hah, you're the first to say they agree. Of course not everyone would like it, just like I don't like over half of the current Alternative helmets (with no disrespect to DE's design teams of course, they're just not designs I like).

Thanks for the support though, haha.

And yeah, Ash Prime would be awesome.

Why would they not do it? So what if Excaliburs and Ashes put on Stalker's helmet, it's no detriment to the game, it's an aesthetic. If people want to emulate Stalker's appearance, why can't they be allowed to? They'll never get his cloudy particle effects, and they'll never have dispel, so you can't confuse them for the Stalker anyway.

Why not the helmet?

True what you said, but i still think its best that they keep stalker's helmet as it is. Maybe if they make a new warframe based on Stalker, that would be great (not stalker itself or just excalibur with helmet of Stalker).

well i wonder if it would be cool if instead you get a piece in the syandana or chest slot that makes a dark aura like stalker and increases attack defense or speed (whatever that kind of thing) but is extremely rare.

Edited by Hunter126

Why not the helmet?

I actually would love to have a universal ability available to all frames that would dispels any auras that enemies have. That would be an interesting power.

I actually would love to have a universal ability available to all frames that would dispels any auras that enemies have. That would be an interesting power.

I think the reason why we shouldn't get his Dispel is because it's way too situational. You can only really use it when an Eximus shows up or when in Conclave or Dueling Rooms during fights with other Tenno. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless.

But his helmet, on the other hand, it's totally viable that we get his helmet. Hek, it'd be cool to see his helmet start a new line of helmets that could be worn by all Warframes.

I like the helmet idea, but only if it's limited to Excalibur. Seems silly to have it on other 'frames.

My only issue is with how we might obtain the helmet. If the helm drops from Stalker's RNG pool that would be kinda bad, it's hard enough as is to get Hate and Despair. D:

Edited by Kyotra

The irony here is that people complain he's too easy. He's not all that unique in that manner. But hey, just a thought. Though I agree it less appropriate to get his helmet, I was just seeing what other people thought. Although, I still want his if not something similar to his helmet.

You have a weird argument lol

People are saying Stalker is a unique looking enemy and we shouldn't be able to look like him. Your counter to that is "people complain he's too easy. He's not all that unique in that manner".

Uh, okay, no one was talking about his abilities, just his looks lol. I guess it can be compared to a Ninja Turtle wearing Shredder's helmet, it just seems weird and unnecessary.

You have a weird argument lol

People are saying Stalker is a unique looking enemy and we shouldn't be able to look like him. Your counter to that is "people complain he's too easy. He's not all that unique in that manner".

Uh, okay, no one was talking about his abilities, just his looks lol. I guess it can be compared to a Ninja Turtle wearing Shredder's helmet, it just seems weird and unnecessary.

You didn't see what I meant, then. Let me elaborate:

Stalker appears, and can be immediately be downed in a single hit of a powerful weapon. This effect is just exactly like every other enemy out there: He's EASY, he appears and then he's dead, how unique is that? He can use Warframe powers? Well, Eximus units emulate Warframe-like powers with their auras. And, he doesn't even have any unique powers; even Dispel is used by Zanuka. His looks? Unimportant to how 'unique' he is, because we can take his Scythe, Bow, and Kunais, but we can't take his helmet. Why? Because it's his look? Yeah, he's an Excalibur with a different helmet; that's not very unique. If he had a completely different look, I'd say "Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have his helmet," But he's emulating a warframe already, so why can't I take his helmet?

And it can't be compared like that because the Stalker is no nemesis to me. Not even close, he's just a minor nuisance that pops up, get's shot down, and then dies. I'd consider that comparison more like if I wanted to take Lech Kril's helmet; that'd be ridiculous. Stalker's helmet? There's no valid reason I shouldn't be able to take that.

some stuff

Again, they're talking about how he looks unique (his helmet I guess) and you're going off on a tangent about skills/difficulty/etc. that no one was even talking about lol. It's a weird way to defend your argument.

Eh, I don't see a valid reason for us to be able to wear the helmet, other than to be a weirdo.

According to you, Stalker is a pushover, why would you want to wear the helmet of a pushover? It doesn't make you any cooler if it's like taking candy from a stalker baby. Just seems like an arbitrary thing to want to wear.

Ultimately I don't care, I never look at other people's helmets or costumes anyway.

Edited by DarkTails