Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Change Freeze Skill To Buff.

IfritKajiTora

Freeze is the most unusable skill in Frost, my sentinel automaticly shot everything and his weapon is maxed and when he automaticly shot frozen enemy he is unfrozen so freeze for me works for 0.3 seconds?

Very bad skill, Volt can paralyze 5 enemies for 3 seconds which is one of the best skills for 25 energy.

People want to buff Ice Wave and Avalanche to freeze for 6 seconds like it was before patch fix.

And this is very sad Frost is using ICE which is more to Slowing and Freezing enemies, right NOVA Molecular Prime make a lot lot lot better work that any skill of Frost, Nova is slowing down all enemies in big AoE they get double dmg and they explode making 800dmg? SERIOUSLY? And what is with Rhino Stomp? Do Rhino have power to slow down the time? I dont think so, he is more like destruction why Frost doesnt have any good slowing or Freezing AoE skill? Right now Frost and beautiful Ice magic is crap compared to other non iced warframes that make better job that Ice should :/.

My idea is to change Freeze to buff.
Freeze should give Frost a buff for several seconds that all his skills will freeze enemies adding a special something like freeze explode to all skills.

Explanations:
After using Freeze what will skills do.
Ice Wave: Freeze all enemies
Snow Globe: When destroyed it explode freezing all inside and near enemies.
Avalanche: Freeze all enemies in this skill range.
More explanation: all hited enemeis by Ice skills make inside them ice explosion that freeze them and all near enemies that almost touching them 1 meters range of Freezing explosion.

Another idea B:
Avalanche: change to slow all enemies like Ice wave
Freeze: 10-20 meters radius freeze all slowed by ice element enemies, so it will work too with status chance when slowed enemies by ice mods in weapons.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

But freeze still will be so useless.

the only thing they have done to freeze is improve damage, what they should do is make it like fireball where it can hit multiple enemies that are grouped together and change it to that shooting doesn't unfreeze the target and rather make it a fixed 7 second freeze duration

the only thing they have done to freeze is improve damage, what they should do is make it like fireball where it can hit multiple enemies that are grouped together and change it to that shooting doesn't unfreeze the target and rather make it a fixed 7 second freeze duration

Then they need to fix Freeze and Avalanche. But devs seems doesn't want to, so make Freeze skill different XD of more freezing enemies so they actually will need to fix only one skill : P and it will fix all skills in one XD

I think Freeze should be removed and replace with something else, maybe a ice shotgun blast (Bronco spread) that slow and knock down enemies (or group of enemies)

This game doesn't really have 1 v 1 situation, hence Mag Pull got so many changes.

Edited by Hueminator

+1. Glad to see more people talking about Frost. The main reason he is such an underused Frame is because his skills lack so many things. No one ever really says anything about Frost, uses him or anything. He's just that one ghost, hipster Warframe. I'm lucky if I see another Frost in a game. I really like your ideas man. A lot of thought put into them and it's not based just on damage. It's based on utility and viability. That's important. DE took a step in the right direction with Frost, but they need to get to the end of the road before they take another path.

Once again, +1.

+1. Glad to see more people talking about Frost. The main reason he is such an underused Frame is because his skills lack so many things. No one ever really says anything about Frost, uses him or anything. He's just that one ghost, hipster Warframe. I'm lucky if I see another Frost in a game. I really like your ideas man. A lot of thought put into them and it's not based just on damage. It's based on utility and viability. That's important. DE took a step in the right direction with Frost, but they need to get to the end of the road before they take another path.

Once again, +1.

Most balanced frames:

1. Volt all his skills are usefull in every missions, shocking enemies giving time to take them down, speed is usefull for fast run and melee, shield for more dmg and cover, 4th skill like first but more far range.

2.Hydroid good at all level missions, first skill fall down enemies, 2nd skill take them down too, 3rd skill is little to weak too  big duration too small dmg, 4th skill is the best that how should be.

3.Vauban not too much duration but actually make something useful on all level missions. Bounce should be reworked.

4.Trinity blesing is good just need practice, Link is OK but OP for PVP, Energy vampire giving infinite energy OP but its not actually make her immortality or make big dmg so its not that bad. First skill should be reworked.

Devs should take examples from them. I don't know how devs could not know how to make skills more usefull in higher leveled missions. Everything in those frames is almost duration all what have not only dmg but duration of something is usefull at all leveled missions.

hydroid should have been the buff of frost, all his skills area useful expect tidal surge but that is just me he has cc in every ability he has frost should have been cc themed like hydroid

Why would they release Hydroid as a replacement of Frost? That doesn't make any sense. If that's the case, then I guess Ash is the buff of Loki. They aren't releasing frames for that purpose, only for the frames to have different purposes themselves. There's no way in hell they are just going to release another frame to replace another. Making a whole new frame takes a lot more effort than just fixing the old one.

Why would they release Hydroid as a replacement of Frost? That doesn't make any sense. If that's the case, then I guess Ash is the buff of Loki. They aren't releasing frames for that purpose, only for the frames to have different purposes themselves. There's no way in hell they are just going to release another frame to replace another. Making a whole new frame takes a lot more effort than just fixing the old one.

in not saying hes the replacment of frost what im trying to say is his skills are all cc based with a bit of damage which are better than frost in nearly all the areas. i dont belive they will come back to frost as i think the damage buff they did to him was suitable, i agree he still needs work but DE still havnt even said anything about the avalanche skill they were going to be fixing...

freeze:single target breaks on damage

tempest barage:mutiple targets knocksdown targets multiple times if use narrominded

avalanche:no cc small range

tentacle swarm:larger range cc ability

snowglobe:deffensive skill,cc

puddle power (undertow):deffensive skill,cc

in not saying hes the replacment of frost what im trying to say is his skills are all cc based with a bit of damage which are better than frost in nearly all the areas. i dont belive they will come back to frost as i think the damage buff they did to him was suitable, i agree he still needs work but DE still havnt even said anything about the avalanche skill they were going to be fixing...

freeze:single target breaks on damage

tempest barage:mutiple targets knocksdown targets multiple times if use narrominded

avalanche:no cc small range

tentacle swarm:larger range cc ability

snowglobe:deffensive skill,cc

puddle power (undertow):deffensive skill,cc

Ahhh, now I see what you're saying. Misunderstood, sorry bout that. But yes, I agree. Hydroid is what Frost should've been. 

Ahhh, now I see what you're saying. Misunderstood, sorry bout that. But yes, I agree. Hydroid is what Frost should've been. 

no problem it didnt help that didnt explain myself in the first post very well

Frost is an AoE freeze frame and his kit should reflect the AoE and the freeze aspect of that. Quit trying to make it do damage and go pure CC utility.

(change Freeze to Frostbite) His 1 ability could be held down to charge the ability and throw it to freeze all in the immediate vicinity and chill enemies around impact site, also leaves ice on the ground that drains shields like on ice levels. Tapping ability freezes 1 enemy for 3-5 seconds while holding for max radius only has a 1 second duration, but the chill effect still triggers when freeze wears off for both.

(change Ice Wave to Frozen Splinters )Second ability could create a jagged wall if ice that pushes enemies back and causes chill and bleed. Also leaves a trail of ice on the ground.

(change Snowglobe to Arctic Armor) Third ability vents the frame allowing Frost to emit the cold directly creating a globe of chilled air around him. Frost makes a smaller snowglobe that follows him and leaves an ice trail (jumping makes no ice). Lasts as long as the energy holds out but the bubble has immunity to damage again and freezes enemies you run close enough to, if you leave the effective range without killing them, they immediately go to being chilled instead.

(change Avalanche to Ice Age) His ultimate follows the theme here of covering as much of the map with ice as possible, slowing enemies and draining shields. The Frost channels huge amounts of ice into himself then releases them in unrestrained periodic bursts covering the ground, walls, and ceiling (if in range) with ice and freezes nearby enemies while chilling those at a greater distance.

All of the abilities described drain half of an enemies shields when directly frozen and a quarter when chilled. The shield drain applies to enemies that walk on the ice after the fact. The Frost also has 25-50% more movement speed while on the ice. Another unique trait is that power strength on Frost increases the proc durations of the frozen, chilled, and bleed status effects instead of increasing damage.

Frost is an AoE freeze frame and his kit should reflect the AoE and the freeze aspect of that. Quit trying to make it do damage and go pure CC utility.

(change Freeze to Frostbite) His 1 ability could be held down to charge the ability and throw it to freeze all in the immediate vicinity and chill enemies around impact site, also leaves ice on the ground that drains shields like on ice levels. Tapping ability freezes 1 enemy for 3-5 seconds while holding for max radius only has a 1 second duration, but the chill effect still triggers when freeze wears off for both.

(change Ice Wave to Frozen Splinters )Second ability could create a jagged wall if ice that pushes enemies back and causes chill and bleed. Also leaves a trail of ice on the ground.

(change Snowglobe to Arctic Armor) Third ability vents the frame allowing Frost to emit the cold directly creating a globe of chilled air around him. Frost makes a smaller snowglobe that follows him and leaves an ice trail (jumping makes no ice). Lasts as long as the energy holds out but the bubble has immunity to damage again and freezes enemies you run close enough to, if you leave the effective range without killing them, they immediately go to being chilled instead.

(change Avalanche to Ice Age) His ultimate follows the theme here of covering as much of the map with ice as possible, slowing enemies and draining shields. The Frost channels huge amounts of ice into himself then releases them in unrestrained periodic bursts covering the ground, walls, and ceiling (if in range) with ice and freezes nearby enemies while chilling those at a greater distance.

All of the abilities described drain half of an enemies shields when directly frozen and a quarter when chilled. The shield drain applies to enemies that walk on the ice after the fact. The Frost also has 25-50% more movement speed while on the ice. Another unique trait is that power strength on Frost increases the proc durations of the frozen, chilled, and bleed status effects instead of increasing damage.

I don't think that these sills will be good to rework him all. But Many of the people want Frost Ice warframe to have AoE Slowing enemies, freezing and defending like it should be but DEVS want him to make DMG. OMG?! Ember is DMG she have even dmg booster 2nd skill, fire is always the best DPS in games. In every game Ice powers are making small dmg compared to other elements but they are AoE skills and slow down or freeze enemies. SO PLS MAKE IT HOW IT SHOULD BE. Or besides give him only one DMG skill because with Ice you can make something sharp that cuts or hammer into the flesh, it doesnt need to deal ice element dmg, with Ice you can make a lot things of making something. Ice swords, ice shield, ice sharp razors, Ice wall, 

Looks Beautiful

Edited by IfritKajiTora