Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nvidia Physx

VietLegacy

Question

4 answers to this question

Hey, I have a GTX 660 non ti and I know that I have physX enable. However, in game, it says its disable and won't allow me to turn it on. I have the latest driver too. Can anyone help me out?

i have the 650 ti it doesnt let me either i think its just not working on their end

Hi!

This happened to me as well and I was quite annoyed by it. I have an integrated HD 4000 and a dedicated GT 630M. First thing I noticed when I logged in the game was the fact that I couldn't enable the PhysX option, to which the game told me that I had no Geforce GPU, when I obviously knew I had one. I tried googling around and I was even more shocked to know that apparently no one was having the same issue as I was. I even tried forcing the game AND the launcher to run on my GT 630M through the Nvidia Control Panel but nothing, it still wouldn't recognise my Nvidia GPU. I eventually gave up.

Now here's where it got interesting. A couple of days ago as I was checking the options panel I noticed the little devil was not greyed out, meaning I could in fact activate it. I immediately thought "Am I dreaming or what?" No! I could indeed enable it! So I began to think... What have I done? Sold my soul to the devil? Am I a wizard? Not really... I was in a state of awe.

Maybe it was a patch! No... If it were, you obviously would have the same issue solved by now... What was it?

The only thing I remember that must've been the key to solve this issue was that I had my Steam as well as all games installed in another partition in my disk. (mine for instance was D:, yours could be any other). Nvidia Drivers were obviously installed in C:

Don't ask me why but I had to delete my partitions and make only one (had too many primary partitions, damn you disk, why can you have only 4?) So I deleted my D: partition and now had only one. I installed Steam again and downloaded the game, and that time, when I logged in, I could enable PhysX.

So, TLDR; version?

I know not many people have Steam installed in partition other than C: so that's why there aren't many people with the same issue. I uninstalled Steam from D: and installed again to C:

I don't know if this is the reason why Warframe wasn't detecting my Nvidia Drivers (which were installed in C:)

I may even be completely wrong! But that's what I narrowed it down too, that must be it.

So if it doesn't cause you much trouble (like having 60GB of games installed already... Luckily I had only Warframe, so it wasn't much of a bother) try that.

IF you have your Steam as well as Warframe installed in your C: partition then disregard ALL mentioned above.

If you're one of the few like me who likes to be organized and install your games in it's own partition then you might as well try it.

Cheers!

(Yes, I know, wall of text!)

Edited by ENBY

I have a EVGA 570, and Physx work fine on it.

But trust me, you aren't missing much. It a just a distraction to clutter up you screen, when you already have alot of $%^ going on.

For example, I have passed up a few mods because of it.

Edited by Spinner187