Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Malignant Force Vs Infected Clip

--Oracle--

Question

15 answers to this question

This really depends on the weapon, using malignant force you're trading up front damage for shield penetrating DoTs (or say Viral for life/2), so if the weapon you are using already has a decent status chance (say 15% and up), I'd go with that for the additional procs across the board.

edit: Actually, which weapon are you working with? I could tell you from that if it's an optimal mod or not since some of the bullet hose weapons compensate with fire rate.

Edited by TheCometCE

This really depends on the weapon, using malignant force you're trading up front damage for shield penetrating DoTs (or say Viral for life/2), so if the weapon you are using already has a decent status chance (say 15% and up), I'd go with that for the additional procs across the board.

edit: Actually, which weapon are you working with? I could tell you from that if it's an optimal mod or not since some of the bullet hose weapons compensate with fire rate.

I usually use a Boltor (Working for the Prime) or a Dread.

Infected Clip for raw damage.

Malignant Force if you're going for status chance (Not a lot of weapons have good enough status chance to justify it)

Both if going for specific damage types (For example, and anti-Corpus 4 Elemental Mod loadout would be Stormbringer + Cryo Rounds + Infected Clip + Malignant Force for Magnetic + Toxic damage)

I usually use a Boltor (Working for the Prime) or a Dread.

Dread I can say with confidence it's worth investing in, that already has a great status chance and it'll make your big procs MUCH more reliable (personally, I recommend you put cryo in there next to it for viral procs).

Boltor is a base 10% status chance, so you'll bump that up to 16% with Malignant Force, which is decent - 1:10 vs 1:5.8 or so. When you add fire rate or multishot on top of that it'll work nicely, especially with the impact procs locking down bigger targets.

Edited by TheCometCE

Dread I can say will confidence it's worth investing in, that already has a great status chance and it'll make your big procs MUCH more reliable (personally, I recommend you put cryo in there next to it for viral procs).

As someone who's a massive fan of Bows, I'd argue that a properly modded Dread has no need for Status procs since things hit by it should be dead after the first arrow.

Even more so if you're good at getting those headshots for 4x damage.

As someone who's a massive fan of Bows, I'd argue that a properly modded Dread has no need for Status procs since things hit by it should be dead after the first arrow.

At the same time though, as a raging late-game warrior, having a high chance to proc Viral makes the Dread absolutely devastating. Cuts enemy life right in half, it's a beautiful thing vs those level 100+ enemies :)

I guess it all breaks down to preference, up front damage vs utility.

Dread truly shines with the crit build. Not many things can take a 20k damage arrow to the face.