Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback for what its worth

Lurch

When I saw that most things need platinum to upgrade, I was somewhat disappointed.

When I saw that weapons can be upgraded to a PRO version, doubling your modification slots and giving you a MASSIVE edge in combat, for platinum... I uninstalled the game!

I have NEVER supported such blatant Pay 2 Win before, and I won't start now!

Heaven forbid if you ever bring PvP into this game.

And remember this is still closed beta and they may make it credit based rather than platinum based in the future...the point of the beta is to reveal the bugs, have fun, and see what you like about the game. The admins have been extremely helpful with answering questions and concerns and I believe this will be the game of the year with a little more tweaking! Warframe FTW

When I saw that most things need platinum to upgrade, I was somewhat disappointed.

When I saw that weapons can be upgraded to a PRO version, doubling your modification slots and giving you a MASSIVE edge in combat, for platinum... I uninstalled the game!

I understand your position, loud and clear. Take a look around the forums, you should find we're very receptive to this feedback and we're making changes! Why not reinstall and see what happens, you might be pleasantly surprised at what happens in the next few weeks. You can always double-rage-uninstall if we fail to satisfy!

And remember this is still closed beta and they may make it credit based rather than platinum based in the future...the point of the beta is to reveal the bugs, have fun, and see what you like about the game. The admins have been extremely helpful with answering questions and concerns and I believe this will be the game of the year with a little more tweaking! Warframe FTW

Of course right now you have to sink some solid cash down to be able to get stuff without any fuss. The problem is they introduced the pricing early, usually in a beta they don't start having you buy things with real money (they give you a nice amount of cash shop money to test transactions) till much later when they can iron out pricing. Right now players are putting in real money. I understand it will be reset, but you don't get the money back, you just get the currency back. Meaning testing those systems requires purchasing... If the pricing of stuff is indicitive of how it will be in open beta (or even close to it) I can understand why some would turn away. There are tons of great games out there that have failed due to poor implementation of microtransactions.

Reset? They are gonna wipe everything (besides platinum) after all?

They will probably do one before open beta, most games do... That way they can get a better gauge. Having familiar players start at the beginning means all content gets tested more and there are enough players playing at the start to allow for load testing when queing for the first few maps.

They will probably do one before open beta, most games do... That way they can get a better gauge. Having familiar players start at the beginning means all content gets tested more and there are enough players playing at the start to allow for load testing when queing for the first few maps.

if they change the cash shop they will refund you the points im sure but no reset planned and better like that.

IMO things like upgrading to pro, buying inventory slots and starter warframe blueprints should all have a credit purchase option. Even if it's super expensive it should still exist. Things like skins for warframes, color mods, and anything else cosmetic could be exclusive to platnium since that doesn't really limit your game experience. Paying to unlock things should only be an option and not feel limiting to people who can't buy platnum.

Edited by Jirachex

Well like I mentioned in a previous thread.

Since this a game based on mission and content like that.

Instead of adding, "pro content" and "shop exclusive weapons"

I rather have a system where you pay for mission packs, actually endorse the company to always work in new content and the players have the ability to choose what theme they are going to play, what style of missions and stuff.

Maybe could make a map design contest between the community from time to time and the dev pick the top one, just the workshop on steam.

So the paid content would be basically:

-Mission packs

-Skins and cosmetics

-Exp boosters and cred boosters

-Since we are working with a mission pack, rather give the option to the player to have a subscription to access all content , add some loyalty program to keep the player subscribed

With this I believe that you will have sustained income from the die hard fans of the games and you will receive a decent income from those that just want to buy skins and some mission.And will give a good image of the game for the public overall since it doesn't get the p2w image.

So ideas? Agreed or disagreed and why?

Edited by Takamori

This is not pay to win man, this is one of the best f2p games ever made, the designs, the gameplay, everything, and is still in beta!!, first of all the devs have to make money, you need that to buy food, pay taxes, etc., besides that is one way of supporting the devs, I'm ok with all that, and don't you work? or are you young? I can undestand that, but the prices in this are cheap having in mind the use you can give the platinum, everything could be polished, nothing is perfect but is definetly good.

You can always double-rage-uninstall if we fail to satisfy!

+2 Internets for you. :D

i have bookmarked this page and will look forward to no resets.

No resets planned does not rule out resets due to unforseen consequences or necessities.

well this is a pay to win thing and personally i do not like it... don't get me wrong i payed enaf free to play games like LoL but that's only skins... rune pages and things like that are completely free.

So things that have impact on game play over the next person are not considered as pay for fun my friend this is pay to win....change this if you don't want to loos your time and money in this game devs.

Edited by Baloratsapatt

I understand your position, loud and clear. Take a look around the forums, you should find we're very receptive to this feedback and we're making changes! Why not reinstall and see what happens, you might be pleasantly surprised at what happens in the next few weeks. You can always double-rage-uninstall if we fail to satisfy!

I'm impressed you took the time to respond to this particular poster. He's only got one post and he's not a founder or anything. (The number of founders opposed to the current payment model is delightfully surprising too.) Anyway, it's a treat to see you're listening to everyone, I guess. /devappreciation

-Mission packs

-Since we are working with a mission pack, rather give the option to the player to have a subscription to access all content , add some loyalty program to keep the player subscribed

Yeah, exactly the reason why D&D Online and LotRO are dying again... They better let players pay for cosmetics, XP/Credit boosters and early unlocks then additional content...

This is not pay to win man, this is one of the best f2p games ever made, the designs, the gameplay, everything, and is still in beta!!, first of all the devs have to make money, you need that to buy food, pay taxes, etc., besides that is one way of supporting the devs, I'm ok with all that, and don't you work? or are you young? I can undestand that, but the prices in this are cheap having in mind the use you can give the platinum, everything could be polished, nothing is perfect but is definetly good.

I don't think it is that cheap, but then again I also decided to drop another 50 dollars after buying the hunter pack because there were a few things I wanted to try out and I figured it would be cheaper in the long run to buy the platinum now. Also I was unaware you could give platinum to someone, how does this work?

I don't argue with the quality, it is very solid with a few minor issues, but forcing players to buy upgrade potential seems silly. I address this in the other pay to win thread.In short the pro points are either unnecessary to play the game, which means why would you pro? Or they are necessary for the later content in which case it is mandatory if you want to progress further. Also some of the guns in the shop (all secondary tier) are only available with platinum and they happen to be some of the better secondary guns.

yea.. first of all, they need to get money somehow.. second... it really doesn't cost that much, 75 platinum for 4 dollars and the "go pro" only costs aboout 20 platinum... it's really just a bit more then a pack of cigarettes... so save yourself some minutes of pain when you get lung cancer and support an awesom game