Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Proto Armor Question

Desamos

They could roll it out for the 2yr closed beta anniversary in October.  There are plenty of excuses they could use to release it and very little reason for them not to do so.

You said the same thing about a hypothetical dual skanas prime and aklato prime. Just because they've got "excuses" to do so and they've got no reason to not do so doesn't mean that they will do so. Knowing how DE's been with their "exclusives" and limited-time offers, I wouldn't expect to see the protoskin for a while either.

You said the same thing about a hypothetical dual skanas prime and aklato prime. Just because they've got "excuses" to do so and they've got no reason to not do so doesn't mean that they will do so. Knowing how DE's been with their "exclusives" and limited-time offers, I wouldn't expect to see the protoskin for a while either.

This is a very different thing since this is an actual item that has been sold with specific language. 

People assumed the same thing about prime chamber and some still assume the same thing even though DE has stated intent to release it eventually multiple times and has explicitly said that it was not stated to be exclusive.

Bottom line, if they haven't said that it's exclusive, it's not exclusive.

Edited by Aggh

This is a very different thing since this is an actual item that has been sold with specific language. 

People assumed the same thing about prime chamber and still assume the same thing even though DE has stated intent to release it eventually multiple times.

Bottom line, if they haven't said that it's exclusive, it's not exclusive.

I'm just saying, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon. It doesn't hurt to hope. But I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

I'm just saying, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon. It doesn't hurt to hope. But I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

I could care less about whether it's re released, I bought it the day it came out :|

I just wish people would stop whiny about exclusivity when there is none.  The same nonsense happened with the cicero mods for no good reason.

Edited by Aggh

I could care less about whether it's re released, I bought it the day it came out :|

I just wish people would stop whiny about exclusivity when there is none.  The same nonsense happened with the cicero mods for no good reason.

Let us not also forget the Brakk, too...

I love all the people here spouting off nonsense. The only exclusives are the Founder's items. Everything else is subject to return. I know some of you want to be the only cool kid on the block, but the world doesn't revolve around you.

I love all the people here spouting off nonsense. The only exclusives are the Founder's items. Everything else is subject to return. I know some of you want to be the only cool kid on the block, but the world doesn't revolve around you.

Braton vandal, lato vandal, event badges and prime access exclusives (Syandanas, sugatras, and extractors) too.

Edited by Aggh

Braton vandal, lato vandal, event badges and prime access exclusives (Syandanas, sugatras, and extractors) too.

Actually, they said they'll bring back previous Prime Access Accessories with future Prime Accesses, so nice try, troll.

Edit: I don't recall them claming the Braton and Lado Vandals are forever exclusive, so that's irrelevant as well. 

Edited by Tymerc

Braton and Lato Vandals have not been confirmed to be exclusive yet. The only thing you mentioned that will most likely stay exclusive is the event badges.

Would the people you're referring to be founders? Because they're the only ones I know of that act superior because they happened to buy something at the right time.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/?view=findpost&p=358864

That was in direct response to people asking for them to be re released.

That is why there is such controversy over these such issues, how vague they are. On the hand, they can bring them back however they wish, on the other they loosely call it exclusive yet release them later on. (Yes, the Brakk). The Excalibur Proto-armor is labeled "Limited Edition"... so how many copies of the armor are there? As much as they sold in that week long period? However many they want?

That is why there is such controversy over these such issues, how vague they are. On the hand, they can bring them back however they wish, on the other they loosely call it exclusive yet release them later on. (Yes, the Brakk). The Excalibur Proto-armor is labeled "Limited Edition"... so how many copies of the armor are there? As much as they sold in that week long period? However many they want?

The braton and lato vandal were the only vandals available at the time of that post, they were very clear about whether they were exclusive or not.

The brakk was never stated to be exclusive.

The proto armor was stated to be on sale for a limited time skin available for a limited time only.  For most business that is not the same as limited edition.

They could roll it out for the 2yr closed beta anniversary in October.  There are plenty of excuses they could use to release it and very little reason for them not to do so.

Personally, I think DE would probably sell it at more than the original price then. Since older players were here first and actually got it, it certainly makes sense for them to do such a thing, not that I would want that. That way, newer people would get their chance to get it, but older players would be happy that they paid less for it.

Or they would at least make it tradable.

The braton and lato vandal were the only vandals available at the time of that post, they were very clear about whether they were exclusive or not.

The brakk was never stated to be exclusive.

The proto armor was stated to be on sale for a limited time skin available for a limited time only.  For most business that is not the same as limited edition.

Wiki needs an edit then. :3

Wiki needs an edit then. :3

The wiki is wrong all the time.  At one point they accepted incorrect anecdotal evidence over info data mined straight from the game files by the most prominent data miner in the game.

Edited by Aggh

You do realize that that post is over a year old now, right? DE has changed their stance on that since then.

Their statement on founders exclusives is over a year old too.  They haven't changed that.  They've stated that the snipertron vandal could be re released, but have not changed their stance on closed beta items. 

Edited by Aggh

Their statement on founders exclusives is over a year old too.  They haven't changed that.  They've stated that the snipertron vandal could be re released, but have not changed their stance on closed beta items. 

You're assuming things. The ONLY time they ever said they were "exclusive" was over a year ago. Things change. Since then, they have never flat-out said that they were never coming back. ONLY the founder's items have been 100% confirmed to be, and stay, exclusive.

You're assuming things. The ONLY time they ever said they were "exclusive" was over a year ago. Things change. Since then, they have never flat-out said that they were never coming back. ONLY the founder's items have been 100% confirmed to be, and stay, exclusive.

No.  When DE says exclusive, they mean exclusive.  That's why they're so careful with their language when stating something is exclusive or not.

I see you forgot about the Frost Prime incident...

I think it's you who forgot that it was never stated to be exclusive, feel free to post evidence to the contrary if you can find it.  I can guarantee that you won't though.  Frost prime was the very first in a long line of events where people assumed that the reward was exclusive even though De never said it was.

A good example of how DE is specific about saying whether something is exclusive:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/83159-so-i-guess-new-players-are-screwed-huh/#entry907842

Again, if they say it's exclusive, it's exclusive.  If they don't, it's not.

Edited by Aggh