Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Channeling And Update 14 With New Poisoning Infested

IfritKajiTora

Some people complained about Devs that they make Melee and only melee using players weaker, because there is no option to survive with poison infesteds, and in Update 14 there will be even more poisoning infesteds.

It will be awesome to repeair this. For me channeling is weak at this moment it only boost your melee dmg by 2x, and melee weapons are not that powerful as shoting weapons because no Multislash mod.

To have better chance to survive with poisoning infested it will be awesome to add in channeling waves. When attacking with channeling all attacks will send waves that have 3-5 meters radius. You will no longer need to touch poison infested to kill them.

It would be optional but good to buff Channeling to make 3x more dmg. But waves will make only 2x more dmg so making cloe combat with channeling will have more sense and using channeling in distance fight will be good for poisoning infesteds.

Actually it's possible to beat the cr*p out of some toxic ancients with highly ranged melee, such as Serro (and of course throwing weapons like the Glaive). But indeed it's not possible with every weapon in the game. Not sure if it would be a nice addition though, since infested are already quite weak right now, and are the most "meleeable" faction ever.

Even with daggers you can attack ancients without poisoning youself.

Besides, we have Life Strike.

I'm not using life strike because it cost too much energy. 5 energy for 2x dmg in every strike is too high cost, and Fang Primes are really deadly fast so you all energy will drop in several seconds.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

there is a +90% slash dmg mod for melee

there is a +20% life steal mod for melee

there is a +120% channeling dmg mod for melee

there are crit dmg and crit chance mods which also affect channeling dmg

and I melee poison infested with no issue thanks to life strike, toxic ancients poison isnt a 100% proc chance, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt blame the RNGods, Melee does not need any more of a boost

If i can do 40+ waves of any faction on endless defense using pure melee and solo (tried and tested) then melee is working well XD

You just need to equip yourself properly for melee, the mods make a bigger difference than a specific weapon, tho they both make big impacts

My melee weapons of choice are dual kamas, dual ethers, dragon nikana and dual zoren

I'm not using life strike because it cost too much energy. 5 energy for 2x dmg in every strike is too high cost, and Fang Primes are really deadly fast so you all energy will drop in several seconds.

5 energy is what channeling does regularly, its 12 or 13 with max lifestrike, and you get more hp if you do more dmg, so like with my build i only need to hit something once for full health again, you dont need to worry bout energy if you are paying attention with it, and i have all my weapons speed capped, as in you cant hit E fast enough to keep up with the melee speed, so thats not an excuse either

Edited by Trouvo

Actually it's possible to beat the cr*p out of some toxic ancients with highly ranged melee, such as Serro (and of course throwing weapons like the Glaive). But indeed it's not possible with every weapon in the game. Not sure if it would be a nice addition though, since infested are already quite weak right now, and are the most "meleeable" faction ever.

Yep. But UPDATE 14 will give us more poisonic enemies so it will be more problem.

Rage + lifestrike + quickthinking + vitality on almost any frame will make you invincible while meleeing, so long as you dont get disrupted and stunlocked at the same time.

there is a +90% slash dmg mod for melee

there is a +20% life steal mod for melee

there is a +120% channeling dmg mod for melee

there are crit dmg and crit chance mods which also affect channeling dmg

+90% slash dmg, for me better is to add element +60% than this, not all melee weapons have high slash dmg, ther are some other mods for impact and puncture but when I calculated +60% electric or +90% slash it is almost the same, so better is element.

+120% channeling dmg, it sound awesoem but I tested and it ISN'T. Its add +120% dmg only when using channeling and its works the same as adding one elemental +120% so it is better to add +90% fire that will make +dmg in normal slashes and in channeling.

And crits, yep but shoting too have crits and they affect multishots.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Rage + lifestrike + quickthinking + vitality on almost any frame will make you invincible while meleeing, so long as you dont get disrupted and stunlocked at the same time.

I don't use in all warframes Rage and Quickthinking. I have other mods that make stronger abilities. Rage I use only for Valkyr.

+90% slash dmg, for me better is to add element +60% than this, not all melee weapons have high slash dmg, ther are some other mods for impact and puncture but when I calculated +60% electric or +90% slash it is almost the same, so better is element.

+120% channeling dmg, it sound awesoem but I tested and it ISN'T. Its add +120% dmg only when using channeling and its works the same as adding one elemental +120% so it is better to add +90% fire that will make +dmg in normal slashes and in channeling.

And crits, yep but shoting too have crits and they affect multishots.

you said in your OP that there was no multislash mod hence the slash mod

Channeling doesnt do x2 dmg, it does an additional 50% dmg, with the channeling dmg mod (which yes only works when channeling cuz it affects channeling dmg) it puts your total dmg while channeling to be over x2 dmg

but basically what you keep saying, is you dont care if there are ways to do it better, you want it your way or DE needs to make it easier for you, since you shoot down every reply of someone trying to help you....

/thread

I use it on all my melees combined with the 2 channeling efficiency mods, and never run in to energy problems.

you said in your OP that there was no multislash mod hence the slash mod

Channeling doesnt do x2 dmg, it does an additional 50% dmg, with the channeling dmg mod (which yes only works when channeling cuz it affects channeling dmg) it puts your total dmg while channeling to be over x2 dmg

but basically what you keep saying, is you dont care if there are ways to do it better, you want it your way or DE needs to make it easier for you, since you shoot down every reply of someone trying to help you....

/thread

I'm 100% sure than channeling with no channeling mods make double dmg. And channeling +120%dmg is calculated as this:

for example weapon fully moded make 500dmg and in channeling 1000dmg, switching one of the element +60%mod and adding channeling +120%dmg will make 430normal dmg and channeling 1140dmg so it isn't that good, if you will add Lifestrike it will be even worst because of higher energy cost and normal slashes will be weaker with that.

About elemental +60% and slash +90% dmg mods. Tested with pangolin sword adding slash mod +90%dmg it make about 140dmg, and switching slash mod to electric +60%dmg pangolin is making about 130 dmg so it is almost no difference so better is to have electric +60%dmg with +60% status chance, or +40% channeling efficiency

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Some people complained about Devs that they make Melee and only melee using players weaker, because there is no option to survive with poison infesteds, and in Update 14 there will be even more poisoning infesteds.

It will be awesome to repeair this. For me channeling is weak at this moment it only boost your melee dmg by 2x, and melee weapons are not that powerful as shoting weapons because no Multislash mod.

To have better chance to survive with poisoning infested it will be awesome to add in channeling waves. When attacking with channeling all attacks will send waves that have 3-5 meters radius. You will no longer need to touch poison infested to kill them.

It would be optional but good to buff Channeling to make 3x more dmg. But waves will make only 2x more dmg so making cloe combat with channeling will have more sense and using channeling in distance fight will be good for poisoning infesteds.

I understand where you coming from, but that would make the infested easier. The Infested only true strength is in numbers. If you had increased range from channeling, then everyone would slap on Reach (increased melee weapon range) and possibly reach absurd ranges. 

Well, I have played Pluto dark sectors survival to death. I sometimes play melee only.

Here's some of my observations.

1) any melee centric builds with channeling must include a Life Strike and Rejuvenation. Toxic ancients will dot you but rejuvenation + rage with Life Strike counteracts this to a certain degree

2) use ranged power (fireball, vortex etc) whenever possible when dealing with a toxic ancient. Try to avoid going into melee range.

3) when all else fails, RUN!!

Ive never had an issue with it

They dont do much damage until youre high up and if youre using melee you should be using Rage+Life strike with a Gas Electric build on infested (or just everything like i do) so the toxics cant just smack you around

I think alot of people focus so heavily on damage they forget the necessity of utility for long term effective melee

Edited by Azawarau

And thus survival in melee has yet again come to down to good not so old lifestrike. Better start farming for it before the horde of poison infested infest the place you have to farm for it melee lovers. 

Edit: Decided to come back to talk about this more because I really have nothing better to do. 
Most challenges in warframe are solved the entirely wrong way. Broken lights you used to need to pretty much tank them with modding, prosecutors required modding up with all the elements then bringing out the right element for the right prosecutor. So much challenge in Warframe is designed going in with the right equipment, and for strategy games and rpgs great challenge. Nothing actually made you think about how to tackle this challenge in game, but how to mod to succeed by continue doing what you were doing before without it getting you killed. Is this good for an action game? Hell, no.  
Warframe needs action based solutions to these guys, not just a mod. 

Edited by LukeAura

And thus survival in melee has yet again come to down to good not so old lifestrike. Better start farming for it before the horde of poison infested infest the place you have to farm for it melee lovers. 

It really is the most essential melee mod