Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Buff Master Thief, Please?

VKhaun

I know you guys prefer reworks and balance passes over whole systems at a time, but really what does Master Thief interact with? Lockers have been trivial since the moment restore packs were added. The only thing they affect right now is Argon, but everyone farms Argon with kills anyway.

Please just be cool and buff this obscure, rare mod for the odd person who uses it. :(

100% this Wednesday, or give me one good reason why not.

Please.

Edited by VKhaun

Yes, and all the other unused mods.

No.

Please don't make my thread about other mods. They're not something you can just buff or nerf, they interact with EHP / DPS and balance. They have to be looked at as a SYSTEM. Thief's Wit and Master Thief don't. They're off on their own. Thief's Wit has seen multiple U.I. improvements and upgrades, and we've even seen an aura slot version in an alert or two now. Master Thief is still just 'meh' thief.

No.

Please don't make my thread about other mods. They're not something you can just buff or nerf, they interact with EHP / DPS and balance. They have to be looked at as a SYSTEM. Thief's Wit and Master Thief don't. They're off on their own. Thief's Wit has seen multiple U.I. improvements and upgrades, and we've even seen an aura slot version in an alert or two now. Master Thief is still just 'meh' thief.

On the contrary, there are a lot of unused mods that need to see use. Most of which don't because they don't infer enough of a bonus. Don't go saying Master Thief and Thief's Wit are the end-all be-all of useless mods, because that's a subjective opinion.

I think 60% or even 66% percent is fair. Most of the time in a row of 6 containers that are locked, I'll open 1. Other times, I'll open 3 in a row and not open any for a good while.

But that's not really the issue. What comes out of the containers is pretty lackluster. Locked containers need a lot more and better loot (which would be find to keep the 40% chance). Nothing beats opening a void T3 locked container and getting a shotgun and pistol ammo...

Edited by DuWryght

On the contrary, there are a lot of unused mods that need to see use. Most of which don't because they don't infer enough of a bonus. Don't go saying Master Thief and Thief's Wit are the end-all be-all of useless mods, because that's a subjective opinion.

I'm not saying they're the only useless mods, I'm saying they're outside the system. You can't just go and blindly buff a useless mod to be 'useful' you have to look at what happens with combinations to make sure people don't end up too tough or too strong or too flexible. You can't just tweak up a mod on a whim like that. You have to evaluate the whole mod system.

Master Thief doesn't need a system overhaul. You could make it 100% tomorrow and nothing would change about a players minimum and maximum combat capabilities or flexibility.

Edited by VKhaun

there was ONE TIME and one time only that i ever found master thief to be useful

immediately after the derelicts were introduced into the game and everyone was scrambling to collect nav coords as fast as they could, becuz atm no one had huge stockpiles of hundreds/thousands

master thief was very helpful in allowing me to gather up enough coords to farm for nekros relatively quickly

ive never used it since, and the last several grindwalls that DE added : oxy, beacons, and argon are gained more through killing enemies than opening lockers

IMHO lockers/crates have always been sort of lackluster in Warframe, they are sources of loot, but in a game with very shallow loot, thus they dont put any of the really good stuff in the lockers/crates, thusly the lockers/crates are less than interesting =[

if you are a relatively new player however, i can imagine that having master thief would make it much easier to acquire the resources required for crafting all the gear that you might want along the way (a veteran player like myself has stockpiled so many resources over time, that this is a non-issue, until DE releases new resources of course)

I honestly don't think I would bother equipping Master Thief even if it had a 100% success chance. All you can get from lockers is credits, ammo, and if you're reeaaalllly lucky you'll get a rare resource, and even then you can get all of that in greater quantities from fighting enemies. The only people who would find this mod remotely useful are new players (sucks for them that it's a rare mod).

I say buff lockers themselves so that they have a fairly decent chance of dropping rare resources, as well as mods and maybe even stuff like Void Keys. Then maybe a buff to Master Thief will actually be worth something.

The root of the problem is that lockers aren't really worth the trouble to open unless you looking for rare resources.  I took this mod while farming Alad V for neural sensors because a ridiculous number of lockers spawn on that tileset and after opening 20+ lockers per run I scored an extra sensor probably... once every two or three runs maybe?  I did have one goldmine run where I got two off of Alad V plus another four from lockers, two of which dropped right outside the boss room, but that was definitely a freak occurrence.  For credits, it's a total waste of time.  I was getting an extra 3 or 4k per run.  I'm pretty sure that even in T4 runs where I've seen ~550 credits drop from a single locker, it makes more sense to not spend the extra couple minutes looting treasure rooms and just run a Pluto Dark Sector defense mission.  For common resources you'd probably have better luck doing a survival and spamming desecrate.  The lockers and crates are your only source of health which is handy when you're soloing (if you don't have a frame with healing powers obv.) but at +25 HP per locker/crate, that's a lot of looting just to heal up a few hundred points of damage.

I'd prefer to see DE increase the rewards for exploring/opening crates and making adjustments to Master Thief from there.

Oh and the mod cost is kind of ridiculous... 13 mod points?  That's almost half your mod points on an unpotatoed frame.  Honestly the mod cost for a lot of silly "utility" mods are too high considering how valuable the mod slot is itself.

edit NINJA'ED!

Edited by ArbitUHM

it is faster to do two runs of Alad V then one single run where you open all lockers

where the first will give more reward in the end, since you get mission credits and blueprint credits twice.

Man, I don't know. I've once got 5 cells on a ruk run cause I opened everything.

It was a fluke..but it made me think.