Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Tweak Saryn Please :)

(PSN)d-iabLOFan

Question

ok so I have a pretty pro saryn cant screenshot as I am a ps4 user but ill do my best to explain

mods are:

r7 redirection

r7 vitality

r7 blind rage

max vigor

max rage

max intensify

max fleeting expertise

max streamline

max stretch

max miasma

she reaches 740/1110 with -65% power duration (I have the helm that adds stamina with a reduction to power duration)

any advice would be greatly appreciated I love her she can do T3 defense/surv like a boss (better than rhino ever thought about being) I just feel like she isn't perfect if ya know what I mean

I would suggest a website like http://warframe-builder.com/ for discussing builds and improvements to builds. 

I do most of my later game with Loki, so my Sayrn is only focuses on max damage/max tankiness without any special frills like rage/quick thinking. My build:

http://goo.gl/sB3RZp

I'm curious to see what people come up with for lategame builds for Sayrn. Beyond maxing out Miasma's damage and Sayrn's health/shields, I haven't seen much. She definitely needs a second (third, fourth?) look by DE to figure out balance, etc, but she's a fun frame to run with.

EDIT: My blind rage is 4 from the top right now, but I'm planning to max it out.

Edited by michaelwii

Should be able to hold the share button for a screenshot then upload to your facebook or twitter I think, can just grab the image from there. My Saryn is built for really heavy melee combat but I can move Miasma in if I feel I will need it. I'll post a screen cap of her build when I get home. Overall seems like a pretty standard build that would get the job done. Mine utilizes reflection with marathon and quick rest as life drain on my melee will heal me while blocking shots. I also make use of contagion instead but melee is my personal preference and I don't know how well you feel about using it.

Redirection

Vitality

Vigor

Flow

Marathon

Quick Rest

Reflection

Contagion

Then between these two:

Narrow Minded + Rage is my usual build but I can swap in Blind Rage + Miasma if I feel I will need to do a room clear. Although all my mods are max rank.

Edited by CanonessDeTylmarande

Should be able to hold the share button for a screenshot then upload to your facebook or twitter I think, can just grab the image from there. My Saryn is built for really heavy melee combat but I can move Miasma in if I feel I will need it. I'll post a screen cap of her build when I get home. Overall seems like a pretty standard build that would get the job done. Mine utilizes reflection with marathon and quick rest as life drain on my melee will heal me while blocking shots. I also make use of contagion instead but melee is my personal preference and I don't know how well you feel about using it.

Redirection

Vitality

Vigor

Flow

Marathon

Quick Rest

Reflection

Contagion

Then between these two:

Narrow Minded + Rage is my usual build but I can swap in Blind Rage + Miasma if I feel I will need to do a room clear. Although all my mods are max rank.

I have maxed all of her abilities contagion was ok but I don't melee much I mean I do but I don't think to cast contagion :p molt is weak and venom? don't get me started, im not big on stamina characters is why I don't use stamina mods, and I find flow to be pointless because of rage I guess each player has their own preference lol nice build though I might give it a shot with my dragon nikana thanks for the info

Flow is nice to have when your health isn't taking damage and I channel to take down heavy targets. With the life drain I'm pretty near unstoppable. I was here for the pre-venom change and trust me I'm as sad as most about it. The only change I think should have happened was to remove all the damage numbers on the screen. The reason I use stam is for reflecting bullets at high level.

I would suggest a website like http://warframe-builder.com/ for discussing builds and improvements to builds. 

I do most of my later game with Loki, so my Sayrn is only focuses on max damage/max tankiness without any special frills like rage/quick thinking. My build:

http://goo.gl/sB3RZp

I'm curious to see what people come up with for lategame builds for Sayrn. Beyond maxing out Miasma's damage and Sayrn's health/shields, I haven't seen much. She definitely needs a second (third, fourth?) look by DE to figure out balance, etc, but she's a fun frame to run with.

EDIT: My blind rage is 4 from the top right now, but I'm planning to max it out.

Our builds are almost identical I just hate molt it dies to quick lol maybe my saryn is the perfect tank/nuker all in one package :) but thanks for the info ... and Loki I hated when I started with him as my 1st frame but now I love him only use invis and radial disarm though

Flow is nice to have when your health isn't taking damage and I channel to take down heavy targets. With the life drain I'm pretty near unstoppable.

yeah I used to use flow in place of redirection but I thought well I hardly channel I basically spam miasma when things get hairy .. I will definitely experiment with your build when I get home (in class right now) quick question what aura do you use on saryn rejuv?

Her Molt is good especially with a short duration build.

If Molt expires by itself, it will blow up and damage stuff in an AOE so less duration means more chance to blow up.

I use miasma and molt myself on the -65% duration build.

Also, if you cast molt and not move, it becomes a pseudo iron skin when you need a breather to regen some health from health restores or rejuvenation aura.

You will not take any damage when inside your Molt skin.

Her Molt is good especially with a short duration build.

If Molt expires by itself, it will blow up and damage stuff in an AOE so less duration means more chance to blow up.

I use miasma and molt myself on the -65% duration build.

Also, if you cast molt and not move, it becomes a pseudo iron skin when you need a breather to regen some health from health restores or rejuvenation aura.

You will not take any damage when inside your Molt skin.

wow really ive used saryn since update 10 and had no idea probably will switch out redirection for molt now I wish I knew it worked like that thanks for the tip man :)

Yep, I switched to Rejuv. Wanted a really tanky melee build with her. I should probably switch it back to steel charge though since I am running a life drain build. My Jat Kittag or Dakra can full heal me in pretty much one swing.

oh you use life strike on a melee wep ok now it makes more sense yeah if I had that I would go with steel charge but I don't have life strike or know where to get it lol

Wiki is stating Dark Sector survival or defense.  That's where I got all my channeling mods from.

dude I do dark sector defenses solo to wave 30+ with my penta all the time RNG hates me lol (random but I have 23 dread bp's and never saw hate) RNGesus if your out there please? :)

Yeah, that's another one of those topics. I personally hate RNG these days but my love for Warframe is holding out over that for now. I'd trade you one if I could but my PS4 account is still relatively new.

shoot me an add on there man i can help you out ive got some extra stuff laying around if you need it that is and i also am the leader of a clan if you need one ... no where near noob status anymore lol im almost mastery rank 12

PSN: d-iabLOFan

I'm not on too often but I'll give you an add. Mostly played on PS4 while waiting for my Wifi adapter was shipping in. Playing the early game again was fun though seeing how I originally did it over a year ago.

that's cool just whenever your on we can do some missions or something i have no friends on warframe lol just me and my brother in a clan we have a lot done for just the 2 of us to bad pc and ps4 can't play together they need to make that happen (hint hint DE lol)

Oh yeah, I was hoping for that from the time they first announced it was going to the PS4. That rainbow bridge they called it. I get off work in about 3 hours so I'll add you then. Unfortunately I'm in Hawaii so I usually have a huge time difference. My PSN is Netherguard so you know it's me.

wow really ive used saryn since update 10 and had no idea probably will switch out redirection for molt now I wish I knew it worked like that thanks for the tip man :)

Yeah, I found out about this through clan dueling. I cast Molt and had my clanmate try to shoot at me through it. If you don't stick any part of your body out of the mesh for the Molt, you're almost never gonna get hit, because its hitbox is just large enough that it gets hit before you do.

It's why I keep it around, and hopefully they'll let us cast multiple Molts so that we can have a chain of explosions that lead to several DoT procs on enemies.

http://gyazo.com/1308ebfd163b39cb73d250fd6265b72e My Saryn

http://gyazo.com/1c3eff8d000e5a34a16a8bbdcbe094ee My Jat Kittag (I move the elemental mods around based on faction of course)

http://gyazo.com/47274fcdeeaf2f2a7658045746ea73d3 My Dakra Tankblade (The channeling mods really help out)

Don't mind all the Forma I've shoved into Saryn. Haven't noticed any side effects yet....

nice build I see you don't use intensify I might consider that so I can put something else there it is only 30% PD my blind rage gives 72% and im sure it caps somewhere huh? im probably not getting 102% PD with both on or am I?

http://gyazo.com/1308ebfd163b39cb73d250fd6265b72e My Saryn

http://gyazo.com/1c3eff8d000e5a34a16a8bbdcbe094ee My Jat Kittag (I move the elemental mods around based on faction of course)

http://gyazo.com/47274fcdeeaf2f2a7658045746ea73d3 My Dakra Tankblade (The channeling mods really help out)

Don't mind all the Forma I've shoved into Saryn. Haven't noticed any side effects yet....

your build looks awesome the only thing I could see switching out would be flow ive found that mod virtually useless anymore lol I believe you added me last night but I was just getting offline to head to bed

EDIT: I wish I wouldn't have been so stupid I was here for the cicero and tethra stuff but I was lazy and didn't think the mods would be worth it ... boy was I wrong lol I believe I messed up bad

Edited by (PS4)d-iabLOFan

I rather enjoy having those mods. Some of them are really worth it. Voltaic strike gives the same Elec damage as the base elec mod with added status and it costs less power.

yeah the only way ill get the tethra mods is to spend a ton of plat on them and don't cicero mods come from the corrupted vor in T4 missions in the update you guys have now?

I had written a decently long reply but closed the tab, doh. Just gonna copy paste some of my other advice then;

1) Minimum Duration. Venom optional, Molt and Miasma core abilities. 75% efficiency, 57% power strength, +45% range, and -65% duration. Miasma now has highest damage/energy of any AoE ability in game. 

2) Long Duration. Venom and Molt core, Contagion optional. Long duration build with Stretch (Narrow Minded optional but I don't like it). Cast Vanom, pop spores, spread venom to entire room, rinse+repeat to spread the viral proc to enemies.

Even with -duration builds, Venom is basically a 'I proc Viral on you' for 6 energy, rather than having to bring a weapon to do that. Very effective against high level heavies, and scales.

Molt is all of an escape, a damaging ability, and an armor, all in one. You can use it while still as effectively an Iron Skin, you can use it as an escape or distraction, you can use it to break enemy AI, and you can detonate it manually as a shield-ignoring trap.

Miasma is both a nuke, and can be built as a half decent CC (although not awesome).

Don't use more than a rank 2 blind rage. If you keep efficiency at 75% you can just cast multiple times for more damage.

Contagion builds are the only time you should have a higher Blind Rage. But Contagion builds are fairly terrible in comparison. They aren't bad, but don't shine like Venom or Miasma builds. Valkyr is a much more effective melee platform, imo.

Edited by Darzk