Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime

StealthHawk2024

Which means gear has a sort of timeline. As I mentioned before...the Soma might be an ORIGINAL Tenno design. Not every Tenno weapon will receive Primes....simply because not every weapon is actually ancient Orokin based tech that has been rediscovered/copied. 

The boar prime itself was tenno manufactured along side the boar. Read the codex entry for the boar prime, it states it was teno made. With both boars being tenno weapons not from the orokin era, they are newly engineered weapons. So it is a possibility that soma could be primed and fit with lore/still make sense. 

The boar prime itself was tenno manufactured along side the boar. Read the codex entry for the boar prime, it states it was teno made. With both boars being tenno weapons not from the orokin era, they are newly engineered weapons. So it is a possibility that soma could be primed and fit with lore/still make sense. 

"Current Tenno technology is derived from the Primes and other Orokin technology, as the Tenno have tried to imitate the success of the Orokin in the form of the non-Prime items. With the discovery of the Voids, many Prime items are being reclaimed by the Tenno and reverse-engineered by Corpus and Grineer, their power being realized once more."

Basically....The Boar would be a lorebreaker in this case, one that has to be fixed.

Basically....The Boar would be a lorebreaker in this case, one that has to be fixed.

Implying that the Tenno order during the time of the Orokin didn't make their own weapons... Y'know, like the Dakra as well.

'Cause obviously, the S#&$ the Orokin were giving their infantry was basically an M16, a 1911, and a set of flak gear. What self-respecting Tenno would use that S#&$ when they can just make their own?

EDIT:

Pertinent to that; It's like you're assuming the Tenno just sat around or spent their whole day doing drills until something came up. Part of discipline (Especially in a Samurai-Inspired society) would be learning the maintenance and function of your weapons, which may have included creation.

From what I understand, the Tenno order were soldiers, yes, but they still partook of other disciplines. Helps keep the mind sharp and focused. Compare the Ghurka to the Navy SEALS, as an example.

Edited by Teqnologyque

Soma is Tenno Manufactured.. so no Prime.

Tenno manfactured weapons are replicas of their original Primed variants. The Tenno weapon is weaker of course, due to it being an attempt to replicate Orokin tech. Look at how strong Boltor Prime is to the normal Boltor.

Corpus and Grineer weapons cannot be primed, as they are independant weapons. The only exception to this is the Braton rifle, which is likely a weapon the Corpus tried to replicate when they were salvaging the Void.

Instead, Grineer weapons get Wraith variants, and Corpus weapons get Vandal variants.

Implying that the Tenno order during the time of the Orokin didn't make their own weapons... Y'know, like the Dakra as well.

'Cause obviously, the S#&$ the Orokin were giving their infantry was basically an M16, a 1911, and a set of flak gear. What self-respecting Tenno would use that S#&$ when they can just make their own?

EDIT:

Pertinent to that; It's like you're assuming the Tenno just sat around or spent their whole day doing drills until something came up. Part of discipline (Especially in a Samurai-Inspired society) would be learning the maintenance and function of your weapons, which may have included creation.

From what I understand, the Tenno order were soldiers, yes, but they still partook of other disciplines. Helps keep the mind sharp and focused. Compare the Ghurka to the Navy SEALS, as an example.

I felt he meant the Boar was built after the Orokin times...and still got a prime.

In which case this all would make no sense.

If Tenno actually knew how to make Prime weapons and frames...why would there be any normal gear to begin with now? 

My take on this is that the Soma was created AFTER the fall of the Orokin Empire...(the design does not look quite like an adopted copy of Orokin) and can thus never receive a Prime...simply because it is Original Tenno work.

Edited by Shehriazad

I felt he meant the Boar was built after the Orokin times...and still got a prime.

In which case this all would make no sense.

If Tenno actually knew how to make Prime weapons and frames...why would there be any normal gear to begin with now?

The world's greatest Deus Ex Machina, of course! Laser-Guided Amnesia!

Or some other plot contrivance... I do apologize though if my post came off as kind of smug, I'm an A****** by nature. To be honest, I kind of want DE to explain more of this as well, or at least give us a definitive answer on the subject once and for all. The way the game reveals lore now is... interesting, however. It certainly puts the player in the shoes of the Tenno, that meaning, we know as much about the system as they do, or maybe more.

A bit off topic, but I would personally love it if DE started releasing Corrupted variants of weapons. Make them look infested, with increased proc chance and damage but slower fire rate and reload speed. Just an idea.

If this were to take off they could even remodel some Warframes that aren't likely to receive a Prime version. Can you say Corrupted Nekros or maybe Corrupted Ash? Eventually, I imagine they will likely do something similar to this since the Prime variants will lose their luster after so long.

Back to topic though, I would kill to have a Soma Prime. To whoever said that Boltor Prime = Best Gun, I'm not denying that, but there are a lot of other great guns and I don't want to run around with Boltor Prime all the time. The way I see it, the more Primes the better.

Tenno manfactured weapons are replicas of their original Primed variants. The Tenno weapon is weaker of course, due to it being an attempt to replicate Orokin tech. Look at how strong Boltor Prime is to the normal Boltor.

Corpus and Grineer weapons cannot be primed, as they are independant weapons. The only exception to this is the Braton rifle, which is likely a weapon the Corpus tried to replicate when they were salvaging the Void.

Instead, Grineer weapons get Wraith variants, and Corpus weapons get Vandal variants.

I've always wondered why they haven't released a special version of Infested weapons. I realize it's likely because you have to research Infested weaponry but that's still not much of a reason. DE could easily release an event that gives you a blueprint for a more powerful version of an Infested weapon upon completion. Obviously said blueprint would require more mutagen masses and likely other resources.

I pray they never release a Galatine Prime. If they did it would be the only melee weapon anyone used for months. Although I'm sure it would look incredible to say the least.

I doubt a lot of people would use it for that long, cause the Galatine no longer has it's "Godly" charge and people are too lazy to find Cleaving Whirlwind.

u know that the tenno weps become prime? it s like: Tenno- Prime, Corpus-Vandal, Grineer-Wraith and Infested-*still no released(-.-)*

Nope, Tenno weapons don't become prime, Prime weapons are the originals and our tenno weapons are either brand new made by us or an orokin knock off. Vandal and Wraith seem to be tenno modified corpus & grineer weapons.