Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Mission Events

Necromonger2100

What I am suggesting is mission "game changers" that effect your objective. Something similar to the stalker, who is one of the few dynamics that already exist. I dislike the monotony of a rigid objectives in a game, and I think warframe needs something spontaneous, and explosive to make the game more interesting. One scenario that I can think of goes like so.

You are on a mission, a corpus ship capture. You get about mid way through the mission doing the usually running and gunning. Then suddenly the lotus pops in with intelligence for you. She tells you that a massive contact has just been detected in your sector. Suddenly a cinematic of a grineer galleon pops up on your screen. Naturally, they are after the same corpus official as you. They fire shots to disable the ship. This causes some screen shaking, and blows out the windows of the corpus vessel. you continue along the ship trying to get to the objective. The grineer start boarding the ship forty five seconds after the cinematic. The grineer take the corpus official hostage and bring him aboard the galleon, shuffling you into a new tile set. You then must fight both grineer and corpus to the bridge of the galleon, and kill a mini boss of sorts to get the hostage. after this you must find your way through the burning hull of the galleon to the hanger bay and be extracted after defending the landing zone for a set time.

That was just one of a few idea I had on the subject. But as you can see, with this sort of event you could get much more action and speed into the game! That mission itself was capture,assassination, and defense all in one. I for one would somewhat like to have some random events to mix things up a little. This is just a rough idea on something I think would be really cool!

You are on a mission, a corpus ship capture. You get about mid way through the mission doing the usually running and gunning. Then suddenly the lotus pops in with intelligence for you. She tells you that a massive contact has just been detected in your sector. Suddenly a cinematic of a grineer galleon pops up on your screen. Naturally, they are after the same corpus official as you. They fire shots to disable the ship. This causes some screen shaking, and blows out the windows of the corpus vessel. you continue along the ship trying to get to the objective. The grineer start boarding the ship forty five seconds after the cinematic. The grineer take the corpus official hostage and bring him aboard the galleon, shuffling you into a new tile set. You then must fight both grineer and corpus to the bridge of the galleon, and kill a mini boss of sorts to get the hostage. after this you must find your way through the burning hull of the galleon to the hanger bay and be extracted after defending the landing zone for a set time.

Yeah, ok, but what if I picked that mission because I wanted to fight Corpus?

All my gear is magnetic and toxic based, and I have my Corpus-bane mods on.

Sure, I can struggle through the mission just fine because my gear is too strong for any mission, but this just becomes more of a hassle, rather than a dynamic change.

Sounds annoying. It sounds good on paper, but DE would make it little more than an extension of an already boring missions that you just want to be done with.

I see your point. Sometimes I'm just doing invasions as quickly as possible to get G3 mark. I don't know how I would feel about something going wrong that would make the mission take longer. But if this is going to happen for certain missions such as capture, then I don't see the harm in that. DE could even make a mini-event out of it. Maybe the Grineer have got their hands on some kind of super fast ship or maybe the portals that Corpus use. That would allow them to go anywhere and attack the Corpus. And same thing with the Corpus. They already got portals so...yeah.

I think this would open up a great way to get the infested back. I know DE has something for them already coming but this is cool too. I remember running a mission against the Grineer and suddenly there were infested EVERYWHERE :C. I was freaking out because I was not prepared for this ambush and I noticed some Grineer Heavies were fighting some Chargers. I watched as The Heavies took them out and continued on there way to the next infested thingy. This got me thinking of how awesome it would be for the Infested to actually randomly show up. This could work like the random ice and fire conditions in random levels, you have a chance of going into an Infested level.

I know I got a little of topic on what you said Lowsodium. I just think this game could benefit from new content. Something to change the missions. Rushing is a terrible habit that most of us a guilty of just to get the rewards. This NEEDS to change NOW.

:3

^

Sure, I can struggle through the mission just fine because my gear is too strong for any mission, but this just becomes more of a hassle, rather than a dynamic change.

Yeah I mean I would love to see more dynamics, even if it prolonged missions. I am not to concerned with a rush to the finish so if I was attacking a corpus vessel trying to rescue a target and the grineer crash a dozen boarding pods starting a timed race to the target. Then if you don't get to the target you have to make your way to a corpus boarding teleporter and hack it then get on the grineer vessel to rescue 2.0 through the grineer ship.

it would eliminate the static builds for a particular enemy. If your in a split system grineer/corpus control or active invasion you would have to worry about other teams showing up

Yeah I mean I would love to see more dynamics, even if it prolonged missions. I am not to concerned with a rush to the finish so if I was attacking a corpus vessel trying to rescue a target and the grineer crash a dozen boarding pods starting a timed race to the target. Then if you don't get to the target you have to make your way to a corpus boarding teleporter and hack it then get on the grineer vessel to rescue 2.0 through the grineer ship.

The force is stronk( :3 ) in this one.

it would eliminate the static builds for a particular enemy. If your in a split system grineer/corpus control or active invasion you would have to worry about other teams showing up

THE FORCE IS STRONGER IN THIS ONE! MY FEELERS CAN FEELZ IT!

It would eliminate Bane mods altogether.

What's the point in having them if they don't work 2/3rds of the time?

We'd all just run Corrosive-Cold since it *sorta* kills everything. Our builds would become more static than they are now.

We'd all just run Corrosive-Cold since it *sorta* kills everything. Our builds would become more static than they are now.

Well considering their is probably a min max build for every single enemy type it what difference would it make build wise if we had a variety of enemies. You wouldn't need to switch mod sets as often and would be able to pwn with your uber weapon all the same, and those of us who want some dynamic multi enemy battles would be happy too.

Is there any point of using Banes on any node? Because any weapon with maxed Serration and Multishots can be kill everything pretty easy.

Banes are too specific and are only needed if you are going for wave 45+ or 50 mins of survival. For the rest of them missions, they are not needed. Tho, even after wave 50+, i was doing decent damage on mobs with my Boltor Prime without any Banes.

Edited by RoboDoge

Didn't DE used to do something like this? I remember that in one of my earliest missions (about a year ago, with a lowly Rank 5 Loki) I was still working my way through Mercury, fighting Grineer - when I suddenly ran into robots.

I ended up dying, but that's not my point.

One of the reasons Warframe got me hooked was the dynamic mission set-up. You didn't know what would show up, and what kind of weapon you would need (and back then EVERYTHING was able to kill me very quickly).

I also love the Stalker, the Grustag Three and the Harvester.

Perhaps a system would be useful that makes the Grineer and Corpus remember a Tenno's actions on each planet. After running a dozen missions on the same planet, someone high up gets upset. Thus, there is a chance that on your 13th run (or any other number) on a sabotage mission you run into a whole squad of Grineer or Corpus waiting just for you. And maybe a small mini-boss.

This could easily be linked to a reputation system. Players who want to opt out can simply pay a certain amount of credits to a friendly hacker to get their status as an enemy of the Grineer or Corpus erased, or could do a little infiltration mission to wipe their records himself.

Players who enjoy being hunted can simply kill all their enemies and risk more and more encounters.

(and yes, they will of course still hire you for invasions and infestation clean-ups, because Tenno are the best at what they do)

Didn't DE used to do something like this? I remember that in one of my earliest missions (about a year ago, with a lowly Rank 5 Loki) I was still working my way through Mercury, fighting Grineer - when I suddenly ran into robots.

One of the reasons Warframe got me hooked was the dynamic mission set-up. You didn't know what would show up, and what kind of weapon you would need (and back then EVERYTHING was able to kill me very quickly).

Perhaps a system would be useful that makes the Grineer and Corpus remember a Tenno's actions on each planet. After running a dozen missions on the same planet, someone high up gets upset. Thus, there is a chance that on your 13th run (or any other number) on a sabotage mission you run into a whole squad of Grineer or Corpus waiting just for you. And maybe a small mini-boss.

This could easily be linked to a reputation system. Players who want to opt out can simply pay a certain amount of credits to a friendly hacker to get their status as an enemy of the Grineer or Corpus erased, or could do a little infiltration mission to wipe their records himself.

Players who enjoy being hunted can simply kill all their enemies and risk more and more encounters.

(and yes, they will of course still hire you for invasions and infestation clean-ups, because Tenno are the best at what they do)

Love it, love it, love it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BUMP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what i'm talking about! I feel the same about this... good thoughts!