Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Changes Suggestions

Metalbawkses

Just so its clear. I'm not saying that Valkyr is garbage, I've been using her as my main warframe since her initial release and I loved every second of it. 

My suggestions for a Valkyr includes the changes for some of her skills and her basic stats:

HP: It would be nice to see a little bit of increase on her hp, but it should only max out at 1.1k (meaning a lvl30 valkyr + maxed vitality and vigor can only get up to 1.1k hp)like zehpyr and saryn. While this is not really a big issue once you have rage and lifesteal or hysteria, this will give Valkyr some breathing room in high end missions since enemies won't necessarily melee you even when you're up close that and running up to enemies itself is already risky move.

Paralysis: This skill is kind of a waste of space at the moment, using your shield to blow air into the enemies face and stagger them for less than half a second isn't exactly a very useful ability. Instead of relying on shield, Paralysis should rely solely on ability mods like warcry. Here's what I would like to see changed.

Instead of staggering nearby enemies. paralysis should be a knockdown instead, this would allow Valkyr to clear a way for her allies or go for execution attacks on stronger units. Additionally, the slow ability should be on paralysis instead and not warcry, the slow would hinder the enemies recoveries, thus allowing a more stable CC, Of course, the energy cost will be raised to be the same as warcry.

Warcry: This ability at the moment is wonderful, it's incredibly helpful to both valkyr and her allies. While the armor buff isn't too noticeable on frames with lower armors, the attack speed buff and slow allows valkyr and her allies to rip the enemies to shreds. However, a few changes should still be made. 

Instead of slowing down the enemies, warcry should reduce the enemies armor rating instead just because of  Valkyr's paralysis, the armor reduction would have a fixed amount and scales with power strength. The attack speed and armor buff is fine.

Hysteria: This ability as of right now isn't bad, but it certainly could be better. The invulnerability timer is reasonable enough in my opinion, sure a almost 2 minutes invulnerability might sound a little ridiculous, but considering the fact that you're locked into a single target only melee, a 2 minutes invulnerability timer is actually quite reasonable, that and maxing out a narrow minded isn't as cheap as one would expect.

As of right now, Hysteria's animation is the major issue. Hover punching is cute, but it does make hitting certain enemies difficult from time to time. My suggestion would be changing the animation, but i'll leave that to DE.

So is hysteria trash? The answer is no, in fact, far from it. Hysteria actually has some of the most terrifying damage of all abilities in game, hysteria's knock down execution can easily take down a lvl 60 heavy unit. Hysteria is more suited for taking down a single heavy units excluding bosses that uses weak spot instead of hp.

Some changes that I would suggest is the addition of a buff. During hysteria, Valkyr should gain a little bit of attack speed, damage and stamina recovery for each enemies that she kills, but should cap around 30 enemies. A reasonable amount would be 1-2% damage and attack speed increase and 10% stamina recovery. 

Again, this is just my suggestion, so DE doesn't have to read this or anything. But if you feel that I'm being unreasonable with these suggestions, then please comment on this. Just be respectable and constructive.

As a Valkyr main i have to say that her 4 is not reasonable in its time in the slightest

She can easily within her time take out any boss that cant dispell her and isnt melee proof

She can easily full heal or bullet sponge any level enemy infinitely

It needs a total rework

I find Paralysis useless for my own style but can see how others may like it

Warcry is a gem simply

Ripline is a nice utility but i dont really use it unless i have spare space and no points left on a build

I play melee only Valkyr a lot in high end content. I don't use hysteria because I hate the animations, don't need invulnerability and can do more damage with melee otherwise.

Her hp is fine, she doesn't need any more hp, she already has the biggest ehp ingame with her armor.

My build uses Warcry and Paralysis and they work together very well. Paralysis does a stun/stagger that gets longer the more power str you have. If you use Warcry first, then the Paralysis stun gets even longer since it takes longer for the enemies to do the staggering animation.

Paralysis also gives 4x stealth multiplier to the staggered enemies just like invisibility and opens up finishers if you want to do them. Using big range weapons to swing crowds makes it easy to just do the 4x damage with normal swings/spin attacks without doing the slower finishers if you don't want to. The stealth multiplier is good because it always procs Berserker, allowing you to use it on any melee weapon with any crit rate.

On top of this Paralysis costs next to nothing and is fast aoe disable. The damage it does is irrelevant. I use it all the time while Warcry is more of an "oh S#&$ button". I don't want the functionality of this ability changed.

Using Warcry first and then Paralysis gives more than enough time to revive team mates too.

@Azawaru I agree that soaking up bullet infinitely for around 2 minute straight is a bit ridiculous but that's another thing about hysteria, Valkyr can draw all the fire to herself while her allies clear up the enemies. As for boss fighting, more and more bosses are getting weak spots as opposed to being a bullet sponge, meaning her hysteria is becoming more and more limited to heavy mobs instead of bosses. But thanks for the feedback and comments, I appreciate it man.

Edited by Metalbawkses

@ Naftal I agree, hover punching is a bit silly and rage + life strike does replace it, while I personally stopped using it after the release of melee 2.0, hysteria is what makes valkyr special that and it does help against annoying enemies like hellion who flies out of your range and blast you with rockets when you get close. I wasn't aware of the stealth multiplier for paralysis so thanks for the info! As for hp, like i said, not a big issue. Thanks for the comments and your opinion, I appreciate it!

@Azawaru I agree that soaking up bullet infinitely for around 2 minute straight is a bit ridiculous but that's another thing about hysteria, Valkyr can draw all the fire to herself while her allies clear up the enemies. As for boss fighting, more and more bosses are getting weak spots as opposed to being a bullet sponge, meaning her hysteria is becoming more and more limited to heavy mobs instead of bosses. But thanks for the feedback and comments, I appreciate it man.

Kind of like immortal iron skin but you heal and it lasts longer

Its really unfitting to her role IMO

Just so its clear. I'm not saying that Valkyr is garbage, I've been using her as my main warframe since her initial release and I loved every second of it. 

My suggestions for a Valkyr includes the changes for some of her skills and her basic stats:

HP: It would be nice to see a little bit of increase on her hp, but it should only max out at 1.1k (meaning a lvl30 valkyr + maxed vitality and vigor can only get up to 1.1k hp)like zehpyr and saryn. While this is not really a big issue once you have rage and lifesteal or hysteria, this will give Valkyr some breathing room in high end missions since enemies won't necessarily melee you even when you're up close that and running up to enemies itself is already risky move.

Hysteria: This ability as of right now isn't bad, but it certainly could be better. The invulnerability timer is reasonable enough in my opinion, sure a almost 2 minutes invulnerability might sound a little ridiculous, but considering the fact that you're locked into a single target only melee, a 2 minutes invulnerability timer is actually quite reasonable, that and maxing out a narrow minded isn't as cheap as one would expect.

As of right now, Hysteria's animation is the major issue. Hover punching is cute, but it does make hitting certain enemies difficult from time to time. My suggestion would be changing the animation, but i'll leave that to DE.

So is hysteria trash? The answer is no, in fact, far from it. Hysteria actually has some of the most terrifying damage of all abilities in game, hysteria's knock down execution can easily take down a lvl 60 heavy unit. Hysteria is more suited for taking down a single heavy units excluding bosses that uses weak spot instead of hp.

Some changes that I would suggest is the addition of a buff. During hysteria, Valkyr should gain a little bit of attack speed, damage and stamina recovery for each enemies that she kills, but should cap around 30 enemies. A reasonable amount would be 1-2% damage and attack speed increase and 10% stamina recovery. 

I could see Valkyr getting an HP buff, just nerf that armor a tad bit. You can see that Valkyr has practically no armor. How is it possible that she has double what Rhino has, who clearly is heavily armored? Valkyr is supposed to be a Berserker, trading defenses for immense damage. 

Hysteria has invulnerability without much downsides after the ability goes down. I can be shot from all directions by lv 60+ gunners and kill all but one and I'll still barely take 100 dmg when the timer goes out. Again, Valkyr is supposed to be a berserker, high risk factor with heavy damage. 

Make it so that it lets you take damage up to a certain percent of your health, say 10% which could scale according to ability card level. Once you have that much HP left, you can't take any more damage, but you have to kill everything around you or risk getting downed as soon as your duration times out.

Edited by CybrinZ

So would you prefer a massive regen type of immortality instead? I'm curious since main valkyr players are pretty hard to find in-game.

Id prefer n offensive utility myself

Extra damage or melee utility or CC resistance of some kind

I could see Valkyr getting an HP buff, just nerf that armor a tad bit. Valkyr is supposed to be a Berserker, trading defenses for immense damage.

Hysteria has invulnerability without much downsides after the ability goes down. I can be shot from all directions by lv 60+ gunners and kill all but one and I'll still barely take 100 dmg when the timer goes out. Again, Valkyr is supposed to be a berserker, high risk factor with heavy damage. 

Make it so that it lets you take damage up to a certain percent of your health, say 10% which could scale according to ability card level. Once you have that much HP left, you can't take any more damage, but you have to kill everything around you or risk getting downed as soon as your duration times out.

I definitely see your point there. Valkyr is design to disregard defense and go straight offense, the risk and reward play style would be interesting to see. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Id prefer n offensive utility myself

Extra damage or melee utility or CC resistance of some kind

Double melee damage, double melee range, +2 max targets for your weapon per swing, CC immunity and movement speed buff.

I'd like something like that.

But since they're adding unique combos for Hysteria, it means it's still going to be locked into some animations and I'll probably stick with melee weapons.

Double melee damage, double melee range, +2 max targets for your weapon per swing, CC immunity and movement speed buff.

But since they're adding unique combos for Hysteria, it means it's still going to be locked into some animations and I'll probably stick with melee weapons.

Thats how i feel about it

Kogake convinced me that heavier weapons are better.....

Sounds like we prefer a buff that can be applied to our melee weapon instead of the strange and short energy nails that she currently has.

I could see Valkyr getting an HP buff, just nerf that armor a tad bit. You can see that Valkyr has practically no armor. How is it possible that she has double what Rhino has, who clearly is heavily armored? Valkyr is supposed to be a Berserker, trading defenses for immense damage. 

actually if you go into the myth of berserkers, they were unstoppable warriors of death.

"Odin's men [berserkers and úlfheðnar] went armor-less into battle and were as crazed as dogs or wolves and as strong as bears or bulls. They bit their shields and slew men, while they themselves were harmed by neither fire nor iron. This is called “going berserk.”

actually if you go into the myth of berserkers, they were unstoppable warriors of death.

"Odin's men [berserkers and úlfheðnar] went armor-less into battle and were as crazed as dogs or wolves and as strong as bears or bulls. They bit their shields and slew men, while they themselves were harmed by neither fire nor iron. This is called “going berserk.”

Thats great for gods and mythology but were talking about games here

God mode that ironically comes from berserker really isnt ok

Also it makes her weaker...

Thats great for gods and mythology but were talking about games here

God mode that ironically comes from berserker really isnt ok

Also it makes her weaker...

Actually its completely relevant, she is named after the "valkyrie" a Norse mythological female warrior... so yeah I believe they reflected the berserker myths quite well.

weaker.. meh completely subjected.

Edited by lordhalo

Actually its completely relevant, she is named after the "valkyrie" a Norse mythological female warrior... so yeah I believe they reflected the berserker myths quite well.

weaker.. meh completely subjected.

Nova and Nekros are spot with their names too right?

If you think it doesnt you might want to try some serious warcry melee building with her

Edited by Azawarau

Like to read people who don't know how to play her i don't mean you are not right ,but it is funny :D Let me tell you how to play her and why DE don't buff her. 1) hp to raise to Saryn or Zephyr wtf you talking about my friend ? She has 600 armor base + steel fiber approx 1200, if you don't know armor effects hp and it is why she is tanky as S#&$ she has best survivability in game if we combine it with warcry it is basically almost god mode. 2) Warcry should reduce enemies armor to OP, just take dakra prime add lifestrike and your invincible 3) Hysteria is beast with its health regen. This skill is panic button 20 secs of this skill is enough to regen all hp 4) Paralysis needs to be changed i agree cause it is crap. As i understand you don't know this frame and it wouldnt be for me nothing new if you put shields on her lol.. Valkyria is dmg eater she doesnt need shields put rage ,warcry ,hysteria ,and rip line ,and as much hp as possible take melee weapon with lifestrike ,and you're solid

Don't touch my hysteria, except to bring it up to the melee 2.0 standard. Yes it's cheap, but I'd rather ultimates be made very powerful across frames instead of mostly useless. The invuln is the only thing making hysteria work.

Actuallt the life steal in hysteria is what makes her a frame and fun too

Don't touch my hysteria, except to bring it up to the melee 2.0 standard. Yes it's cheap, but I'd rather ultimates be made very powerful across frames instead of mostly useless. The invuln is the only thing making hysteria work.

Then why not remove the invulnerability and make it something useful?

Seriously this point makes me want to punch a wall its so dumb

Then why not remove the invulnerability and make it something useful?

Seriously this point makes me want to punch a wall its so dumb

Like what?  In melee, you're generally going to get shot up while slicing and dicing something else.  Can't simply reduce damage - that just makes it redundant to warcry.  Warcry is good, but only in a group setting.  For personal use, it's kind of a waste of energy compared to hysteria.  Further, if hysteria only reduced damage instead of rendered Valkyr immortal, there are only possibilities: the regen is so fast the lack of invulnerability is moot, or the regen is too slow thus Valkyr is still taking more damage than she can recover, making hysteria effectively worthless.

It's fine where it is.  If you have a problem with it, just don't use it, which is what claim to have been doing.  So what's the problem?  

Don't go asking for a nerf or change to "make it useful."  It already is useful, but on a personal level.  Warcry and to a lesser extent paralysis (crummier version of Radial Blind) are the support abilities.