Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Changes Suggestions

Metalbawkses

Like what?  In melee, you're generally going to get shot up while slicing and dicing something else.  Can't simply reduce damage - that just makes it redundant to warcry.  Warcry is good, but only in a group setting.  For personal use, it's kind of a waste of energy compared to hysteria.  Further, if hysteria only reduced damage instead of rendered Valkyr immortal, there are only possibilities: the regen is so fast the lack of invulnerability is moot, or the regen is too slow thus Valkyr is still taking more damage than she can recover, making hysteria effectively worthless.

It's fine where it is.  If you have a problem with it, just don't use it, which is what claim to have been doing.  So what's the problem?  

Don't go asking for a nerf or change to "make it useful."  It already is useful, but on a personal level.  Warcry and to a lesser extent paralysis (crummier version of Radial Blind) are the support abilities.

Youre joking right?

Virtually invincible until long after enemies can 1 hit even rhino

Much higher DPS with warcry speed boost and higher status procs thanks to the amount of hits youre getting in

Not limited to short range melee

As it is hysteria is a crutch and not a very good one

Like to read people who don't know how to play her i don't mean you are not right ,but it is funny :D Let me tell you how to play her and why DE don't buff her. 1) hp to raise to Saryn or Zephyr wtf you talking about my friend ? She has 600 armor base + steel fiber approx 1200, if you don't know armor effects hp and it is why she is tanky as S#&$ she has best survivability in game if we combine it with warcry it is basically almost god mode. 2) Warcry should reduce enemies armor to OP, just take dakra prime add lifestrike and your invincible 3) Hysteria is beast with its health regen. This skill is panic button 20 secs of this skill is enough to regen all hp 4) Paralysis needs to be changed i agree cause it is crap. As i understand you don't know this frame and it wouldnt be for me nothing new if you put shields on her lol.. Valkyria is dmg eater she doesnt need shields put rage ,warcry ,hysteria ,and rip line ,and as much hp as possible take melee weapon with lifestrike ,and you're solid

Actually I only used vitality and vigor on Valkyr, and that's for stacking it with rage. Like I said in my post about hp, not really a issue, just nice to have( and I never implied that valkyr is squishy, i only said that it gives player some breathing room, and for warcry, I said exchange slow for the armor reduction, and while i didn't mention this in my post, the reduction doesn't have to be like 50% or 60%. 20% armor reduction is plenty and third, I never complained about hysteria's hp regen, I only said that hover punching is cute but silly. Thanks for commenting nonetheless.

Youre joking right?

Virtually invincible until long after enemies can 1 hit even rhino

Much higher DPS with warcry speed boost and higher status procs thanks to the amount of hits youre getting in

Not limited to short range melee

As it is hysteria is a crutch and not a very good one

It's a crutch that works to keep her and her alone alive, and no, if things are one shotting rhino, she's not going to have time to wind up a follow up hysteria so quickly after the first.  Her armor is great, but it's not going to keep her going for that much longer.  She is built to take direct hits and recover it all through other means, unlike every other frame that just hides for 4 seconds and watches the blue bar fill.

Warcry is good for defense and group play, as the debuff slows down hostile rate of fire as well.  They each have their place.  Don't like it?  Get over it.

Edited by Littleman88

It's a crutch that works to keep her and her alone alive, and no, if things are one shotting rhino, she's not going to have time to wind up a follow up hysteria so quickly after the first.  Her armor is great, but it's not going to keep her going for that much longer.  She is built to take direct hits and recover it all through other means, unlike every other frame that just hides for 4 seconds and watches the blue bar fill.

Warcry is good for defense and group play, as the debuff slows down hostile rate of fire as well.  They each have their place.  Don't like it?  Get over it.

You really think rhino is any kind of close to valkyrs warcry tanking?

Even trinity can out tank rhinos iron skin

Youre not helping yourself right now...

So would you prefer a massive regen type of immortality instead? I'm curious since main valkyr players are pretty hard to find in-game.

Hysteria already has a life leech effect.

Boost the damage on it and make the player keep himself alive.

Also boost the movement speed.

If you have a problem with it, just don't use it, which is what claim to have been doing.  So what's the problem? 

How about you stop using that as an argument.

Edited by VentiGlondi

The problem for me with hysteria still is the fact that you are completely locked out of using ANYTHING else but the melee option you're given by the ability. With no way to prematurely cancel it and no way to do anything when you're bugged (killed while using hysteria).

Thats just the main issue, You either go full on all focused on her hysteria ability, or you take weapons and go for that, There's no 'in between' or 'bandaid' to apply that doesn't severely compromise your choice in the matter.

Great she's unkillable, You turned the concept of a 'berzerker (sacrifice for great damage)' into an unkillable god that can regen life, Tanking more than rhino or frost ever could in their lifetime. i'd have hoped that was clear to DE when they said they were going to rework her, But now she just gets some unique lungy animations on hysteria and that's it, you're forced to use all that crap once more until they finally get it. GREAT.

The problem for me with hysteria still is the fact that you are completely locked out of using ANYTHING else but the melee option you're given by the ability. With no way to prematurely cancel it and no way to do anything when you're bugged (killed while using hysteria).

Thats just the main issue, You either go full on all focused on her hysteria ability, or you take weapons and go for that, There's no 'in between' or 'bandaid' to apply that doesn't severely compromise your choice in the matter.

Great she's unkillable, You turned the concept of a 'berzerker (sacrifice for great damage)' into an unkillable god that can regen life, Tanking more than rhino or frost ever could in their lifetime. i'd have hoped that was clear to DE when they said they were going to rework her, But now she just gets some unique lungy animations on hysteria and that's it, you're forced to use all that crap once more until they finally get it. GREAT.

To be fair

Without Hysteria she out tanks both rhino and frost combined