Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc / Ps4

Mr_Spoonz

I am a PS4 user, but I have to admit I don't quite understand why somebody, assuming they have a perfectly working PC, would transfer to a console. If you have an old machine, or your not interested in upgrading, or your machine is dying, or whatever, then fine that makes sense. Having said that, using the PS4 version is adequate and convenient, but lacks the visual fidelity and feature capability of the PC, and usually has to wait for updates to be grouped up for a month or two before they are released.

Just curious.

As someone who also prefers PC, please don't derail the thread, and take this immaturity elsewhere.

I'm not being immature, at least not intentionally. I just don't understand.

But yeah, the transfers can only happen when both systems are using the same game version.

my PC broke thats the only reason I was asking when I can get my data on Ps4

See, that makes perfect sense. Now, however one should consider that the PC to PS4 transfer is a one way street. So, if you are planning on replacing your PC in the near future you might want to consider the fact that your account will probably be locked on the PS4.

Hmm.. so it would seem that Moriarty has actually pointed out a considerable flaw with that plan. I haven't heard anything more about it so perhaps they are revising how they will do it. It seems like it will unfortunately be a little while until it is made possible, at any rate.

Yeah, something tells me I just spewed a load of rubbish because that would be bad. Good point.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I think that is what DE was planning on doing from what I understood, I'm just saying that people (both PC and PS4) will try and exploit it. Its all gonna depend on how DE and Sony can regulate the process through various verifications and what not.

The last we heard this is how DE is planning on doing it.

Yea, thought so too.

-----

Edit: While I'm here, anyone know why migration won't be allowed in reverse (PS4 to PC)? I kind of wanted to be able to have a copy of my now completed (mastery-wise) save from PS4 that I could use on the go. Nothing I'd rage about, just would have been convenient is all. I havent really heard an explanation, so if anyone knows, please fill me in!

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

I'm not saying you're wrong, I think that is what DE was planning on doing from what I understood, I'm just saying that people (both PC and PS4) will try and exploit it. Its all gonna depend on how DE and Sony can regulate the process through various verifications and what not.

Yea, thought so too.

-----

Edit: While I'm here, anyone know why migration won't be allowed in reverse (PS4 to PC)? I kind of wanted to be able to have a copy of my now completed (mastery-wise) save from PS4 that I could use on the go. Nothing I'd rage about, just would have been convenient is all. I havent really heard an explanation, so if anyone knows, please fill me in!

Again, nothing official, but what I've heard is that Sony ain't gonna let those accounts slip from their cold dead hands, or something like that.