Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New System For Determining Primes

Crossark

I'd like to suggest a democratic poll whenever a new Prime is being discussed to decide which frames deserve priming. I opt to leave Valkyr out of the situation for the sake of continuity in her story, but every other frame should be fair game. I've heard cries for Ash and Banshee primes, and second place usually goes to Nyx/Saryn with the people I've spoken to about the idea. This system would allow people to decide which frame has been around long enough to be primed, while still leaving the details of the priming to the developers.

Weapons, Sentinels, and Accessories needn't be voted upon, as there are either too many, too few, or not enough information to decide on one. However, allowing the community to vote upon which frame should receive a prime next would allow them to look forward to a new update and know that they got the frame most people wanted, rather than one the developers decided to prime during that development phase.

If the devs wish to regulate the process, I would suggest taking the two eldest frames that have yet to be primed as of the update in question and put the poll online. The amount of times a single IP or account could vote in the poll would, obviously, be left up to the developers, but I would strongly recommend limiting each account to a single vote, in order to make people really choose which frame they wanted to prime.

So, what do y'all think? Good idea, bad idea, couldn't care less... What say ye, the public, on this matter? Devs, if you happen to stumble across this thread, what do you think of the idea?

Yes but you forgot Booben Prime

"All warframes after booben will not be primed"

DE never said that all warframes after vauban will not be primed. The said that every frame up to Vauban WILL be primed. Every frame after that may or may not depending.

However, I am positive not every frame will get a prime.

They've stated that the next primes are "determined" basically as the designer is inspired with new ideas.

If your "democratic poll" idea was enforced, he may be forced to produce a prime that he currently has no vision for, regarding its design. The result would be a sub-par design. Is that what you want?

I would imagine that they spend a lot of time on prime weapons and have some in various stages of completion. Planning, starting, finishing touches, in the queue waiting for a good time to release... Anything we voted on would either already be in process or would go to the very back of the line and people would see several other primes come out first, which would turn into negative feedback about 'not listening' or 'where is the one we voted on?'.

I know this isn't exactly your topic, but I've always said they should do votes on something ABOUT a weapon before they release it. Seer was a good example. The gun is an awesome and unique piece in the game, but it's just an even split of physical damage types to one target and requires an Orokin Cell despite dropping from the very first boss. If we had been given any sort of chance to discuss that before release it would have been a cool damage type, hit an AoE, used Morphics, or something to make it better than the forgotten flop that it was. That is when we need the poll. When DE is right about to put in a weapon... check out these numbers, this kind of projectile, this drop location vs cost to craft, etc.

Edited by VKhaun

They've stated that the next primes are "determined" basically as the designer is inspired with new ideas.

If your "democratic poll" idea was enforced, he may be forced to produce a prime that he currently has no vision for, regarding its design. The result would be a sub-par design. Is that what you want?

Have you ever taken a design class? Most are geared toward making you a freelance designer, which means you get the order from the client, you make it, and then you give it to the client for a fee. If the Prime designer at DE is incapable of this process, then I worry about him as a designer.

Every frame will get primed, so DE can milk some sweet, sweet Canadiabucks on prime access packs.

I kinda look forward to Nyx prime mostly, Trinity playstyle got awfully boring since her changes. Banshee prime would be terrible, since Banshee herself is 1 trick boss damage booting pony with god awful shoes and 0 utility.

Edited by Keltik0ne

So Oberon... which upgrade will he get, vandal, wraith? But seriously let the devs take care of de rpiime selction

...Neither?

Vandal items are Corpus weapons customized by the Tenno with the Lotus emblem and color scheme. This is explicitly stated in the Codex.

Wraith weapons are a bit more ambiguous, but it can be inferred that they are Grineer weapons customized by the Red Veil. The only odd outlier is Strun Wraith.

Oberon Prime is a possibility, and an amazing-sounding possibility at that, but nothing has been confirmed. Why does everyone want new versions of the same warframes anyway? Oberon can do everything Oberon was ever meant to do.

...Neither?

Vandal items are Corpus weapons customized by the Tenno with the Lotus emblem and color scheme. This is explicitly stated in the Codex.

Wraith weapons are a bit more ambiguous, but it can be inferred that they are Grineer weapons customized by the Red Veil. The only odd outlier is Strun Wraith.

Oberon Prime is a possibility, and an amazing-sounding possibility at that, but nothing has been confirmed. Why does everyone want new versions of the same warframes anyway? Oberon can do everything Oberon was ever meant to do.

Just curious as to how they will style him and such and I was only poking fun at Obbie's origins with the vandal and wraith titles..

Edited by Slendy-Broseph

• 3 weeks later...