Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Build Akbronco Prime?

sneakatone

Question

I have a bronco prime , potatoed and a couple forma. I know it deals more damage than the dual one. But is it worth it? I dont really care that I put some effort in the bronco prime , I can always redo the formas. I just wanna save some cells.

I have a bronco prime , potatoed and a couple forma. I know it deals more damage than the dual one. But is it worth it? I dont really care that I put some effort in the bronco prime , I can always redo the formas. I just wanna save some cells.

Ima do it only after i get the brakk wich is about the only secondary shotgun id use othere than bprime.

They get some flakk since they're not as strong as the brakk or marelok, but up until I had either of those, these were easily my go to secondaries. You can mod them for ~90% status chance with blast and corrosive, with a decent magazine size and damage that hits like a truck. They're defeinitly suitable for status builds, which despite lower damage, excel at crowd control in high level void missions (especially with seeker, its hilarious watching an entire hallway of currupted heavies falling to the floor and getting debuffed with just a couple shots).

For this reason, they have nearly unmatched utility in my book.

AkBronco Prime comes with free polarities, if I am not mistaken.

You will need another 3 forma to make it great tho.

So be prepared...

Forgot to mention this, but yea, its true. Show them love though and they'll shine real bright.

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

Ima do it only after i get the brakk wich is about the only secondary shotgun id use othere than bprime.

I should of put that, I have a 5-6 forma brakk and detron but I just wanted to use something different that can still pack a punch.

I hated the Akbronco Prime. It's utterly frustrating that it deals both less damage per shot and less sustained DPS than it's individual counterpart.

Luckily I noticed (or was made aware) of this before building, so I kept my potatoed/formad Bronco Prime and made the Ak from two new ones. And then didn't bother to use a potato on the Ak.

Both weapons are mostly outclassed by the Brakk or Detron. Literally the only advantage is that it doesn't have droppoff and is hitscan, but if you're using shotgun pistols to take out targets at range you're doing it wrong.

akbronco prime is one of the few secondary weapons that works with tainted clip, it makes full use of even the final rank 

with ice storm it will bring your total rounds per magazine to 12 which is totally worth the longer reload speed by virtue of its burst power 

with a radiation/viral build it will not only do high dmg but with its high proc and no falloff you spread either stun (most of the time), radiation or viral procs across the battlefield 

bronco prime and akbronco prime are very different weapons. one is all impact damage, and the other is more about status chance. I prefer akbronco prime, but I'd say craft 2 extra bronco primes and use those fresh ones to make your akbronco prime. unlike other dual secondaries, in which the dual is a straight upgrade of the single, these two are very different beasts. both excel in different ways

bronco prime and akbronco prime are very different weapons. one is all impact damage, and the other is more about status chance. I prefer akbronco prime, but I'd say craft 2 extra bronco primes and use those fresh ones to make your akbronco prime. unlike other dual secondaries, in which the dual is a straight upgrade of the single, these two are very different beasts. both excel in different ways

i guess ill do that. 

You know, I hadn't really considered their worth as a proc based weapon. With 30% per pellet, boosted to 66% with the two event mods, theres quite a bit of potential in that. Unfortunate that half the procs would be wasted physcials, tho.

That leaves us with 33% elemental procs per pellet, 19.6 pellets = avg of 6.5 procs per shot. That's actually a lot better than the Tysis pulls, with an average of only 2.8 (restricted by the 1-proc-per-projectile rule).

It's unfortunate that the damage base of 48/pellet for the procs would be really crappy. Not worth using for DoTs, Gas, or Electric. This leaves us with Corrosive for armored enemies, Rad, Elec and Cold for CC, and Mag and Viral for ehp cuts. As Tysis and other weapons already do CC and Mag/Viral pretty well, I think this might shine as an armor stripper using Corrosive, which has to be stacked to be effective.

We could build Corrosive/Blast like this http://goo.gl/MjGzl6 and have ~80% of the the elemental procs Corrosive, meaning an average of just over 5 Corrosive Procs per shot. This would reduce enemy armor to 24% or so in a single shot, making it pretty damn effective as an armor stripper, while also knocking down and staggering the target pretty effectively.

I guess I'm gonna give these another shot. Oh well, got plenty of forma to spare. Should only need 1 :)

Edit: Are we sure its actually 30% per pellet and not 30% for all of them combined (4-5% per pellet)?

Edit2: Trying to fit Seeker in kinda screws stuff up. Either it replaces Hornet Strike (and we lose all damage), or we replace Pathogen Rounds (dropping us to 68.5% Corrosive of elementals, or 4.4 corrosive procs per shot, or 28% avg armor remaining after 1 shot), or we lose heated charge and get a snare instead of the blast knockdown. 

Edited by Darzk

Edit: Are we sure its actually 30% per pellet and not 30% for all of them combined (4-5% per pellet)?

I had just assumed that hand cannons worked the same way as Shotguns with status but I would still like to hear if that is incorrect if anyone actually knows. Seems pretty unbalanced if they don't work similarly...

I had just assumed that hand cannons worked the same way as Shotguns with status but I would still like to hear if that is incorrect if anyone actually knows. Seems pretty unbalanced if they don't work similarly...

I thought secondaries work differently from shotguns?

I seem to be getting a lot of procs with my Akbronco Prime though...

I thought secondaries work differently from shotguns?

I seem to be getting a lot of procs with my Akbronco Prime though...

They very well could, as I said I just assumed that when they nerfed the status for shotguns that they would have applied it to shotgun pistols at the same time. In this case, I hope you are correct!

Hi guys. Lately I spend of lot of time reviewing info of weapon builds. So I must say Akbronco Prime is not as bad as you think. I did some math on both weapons with the same mods [ Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Convulsion, Heated Charge, Scorch, Expel Grineer, Seeker ] We won't mention about Polarities cause you can forma as much as you like. Here it is:

[bronco Prime] Single shot damage ~ 5500 

[Akbronco Prime] Single shot damage ~ 4100

Both weapons have firerate bigger than magazine so I gonna assume that they both empty their magazine within 1 second.

[bronco Prime] DPS : 5500 x 4 = 22000

[Akbronco Prime] DPS : 4100 x 6 = 24600

Bronco Prime reload faster 0.3s. But Akbronco Prime have more status chance- 12.5%

There you go. Problem solved ! Want single shot damage, go for Bronco Prime. Want dps, go for Akbronco Prime. I suggest Akbronco Prime cause we not gonna shoot 1 shot on boss face...and wait, aren't we ?

Hi guys. Lately I spend of lot of time reviewing info of weapon builds. So I must say Akbronco Prime is not as bad as you think. I did some math on both weapons with the same mods [ Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Convulsion, Heated Charge, Scorch, Expel Grineer, Seeker ] We won't mention about Polarities cause you can forma as much as you like. Here it is:

Both weapons have firerate bigger than magazine so I gonna assume that they both empty their magazine within 1 second.

Bronco Prime reload faster 0.3s. But Akbronco Prime have more status chance- 12.5%

There you go. Problem solved ! Want single shot damage, go for Bronco Prime. Want dps, go for Akbronco Prime. I suggest Akbronco Prime cause we not gonna shoot 1 shot on boss face...and wait, aren't we ?

thanks for the research, Ive build mine out of two separate ones a while ago and this is my build: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Akbronco_prime/t_30_22000000_193-0-5-204-1-10-205-3-3-206-6-5-209-2-5-212-4-3-215-5-5-328-7-3_193-6-204-7-209-11-205-9-212-7-215-15-206-11-328-7/en/3-0-42

I use 3 forma but really 2 is enough if you wanna knock down seeker one level.

You didn't calculate dps, you calculated damage per magazine.

coming from the guy that didn't do any math :P

anyways I use the akbronco prime myself its more balanced not all impact I use radiation+viral element combo and have a 67.3% status chance and let me just say I status all the time at least every two shots

I see you built them before I actually got to see this enjoy them I haven't turned back since I made them (don't have brakk or detron.. wish I did) I honestly don't use my secondary much but when I need it .. it comes in handy as a good backup weapon for sure not something I would run for the whole mission though but I do 40-60 min survivals same with defense and almost anything loses effectiveness that high level

coming from the guy that didn't do any math :P

he doesnt provide math but hes still right, there is/was a thread lurking around somewhere which shows the dps of all weapons and it factors in all the relevant extras such as reload times etc.

i'd link it but i cant find a damned thing on this forum once they vanish from view.

edit: o good old google, here is an older thread with some better stats, likely out of date tho.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/159702-dps-of-all-weapons-in-game-except-melee/

Edited by Methanoid

Umm...sorry. I think you didn't read all i said above. So I gonna quote it again for you "Both weapons have firerate bigger than magazine so I gonna assume that they both empty their magazine within 1 second" In fact Bronco Prime has firerate about 7/s, magazine 4, and Akbronco Prime is about 13/s, magazine 6. It means that in 1 second they gonna use all bullets in the magazine so firerate doesn't matter anymore because you have to reload. Moreover I don't think your finger can click more than 6 times per sec. So high firerate on semi-auto doesn't count in dps much. And my math is actual damage when you play, it's affected by other factors- it's practical. Not the damage comes out on digit number only- it's theory.