Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse - My God Has Fallen

Klazik

Question

Hello Tenno brother and sisters!

I decided to take a little break and stopped after getting Hydroid and Rhino Prime.

At that time my 6 Forma Synapse was tearing enemies a new one and so, I decided to test how the new Void IV holds up against my gun. To my great dissappointment my gun felt VERY weak. Normal enemies were dropping no problem, but heavy units were really tough! I started using Blade Storm to take them out, instead of using my rifle.

So, this leaves me with a couple of questions:

1. Did Synapse get nerfed since the Hydroid patch?

2. I could possibly be using a wrong mod-loadout. Give me some feedback? http://goo.gl/hJkJgu (I use vital sense and not speed trigger)

3. Are there better alternatives to Synapse now? A couple of new weapon came out (looking at the Amprex)

4. Did any Damage 2.0 weaknesses and strengths get altered?

Kind regards
Klazik

Edit: Fixed the build so it shows the real one I use and not the derp I posted before. For some reason it won't let me edit the build.
Edit2: Still need help here. Didn't get any wiser..

Edited by Klazik

Did anyone else realise that the synapses fire rate doesn't match up with its stats. It is supposed to have a 10/sec fire rate, but 10 numbers definitely do not come up in a second. I want this to be fixed.

Continuous weapons don't show damage numbers per ammo used but per second I think.

Not necessarily. Electric has a higher burst potential compared to any other element (In fact the only other element that aoe's is gas, and that is a slower burn). I believe Electric is also the most neutral element in Dmg 2.0, which makes it a nice pick for any situation. When fighting low-to-mid levels(1-50) and having a party with corrosive projection, using Punch Through + Electric causes so much aoe that nothing really lives past a few seconds. Thus saving a lot of ammo. If you're having trouble vs heavies that still have armor (Not 100% Corrosive Projection in your party), then Corrosive is better.

I could explain a lot better in a video or teamspeak, but hopefully this conveys my point.

It does convey your point. But you are referring to status procs here as the main point, right? 

Also I might add, that I'm only talking about high level stuff. Everything below 50 is a cakewalk.

Continuous weapons don't show damage numbers per ammo used but per second I think.

You are correct. They made it like that in a patch some time ago.

Edited by Klazik

Guest Shibboleet

It does convey your point. But you are referring to status procs here as the main point, right?

Mhm.

Edited by Shibboleet

When running with 4x Corrosive Projection auras, Gunners lose their armor, and bonuses to Ferrite no longer apply. So Corrosive doesn't get the +75% anymore - you want to use Viral Damage, which you can pair with the base Electric for a decent proc and okay all-round damage. Remember with 4x CP the Lancers wont have -50% to elec anymore.

When not using 4x CP auras, you want to focus on dealing as much Corrosive damage as you can to take out Gunners. If you are struggling against them but doing okay against Lancers and the Corpus units, I would suggest replacing Cryo Rounds with Hammer Shot or Speed Trigger (the latter will likely require the use of some ammo restores). This will increase your Burst Corrosive DPS from 27% to 60%.

Synapse is still the best option for taking out gunners, without CP auras. It's a little weaker as you add more and more CP's, comparatively to other weapons, but is still the best option so long as you are willing to get into range and make headshots.

And you need to always remember to get headshots. They receive 4x damage due to the weird critical headshots mechanic.

Edit: http://goo.gl/rURTNM does 96k burst corrosive DPS with headshots, which is 168k to Ferrite, with 3/4 armor ignore.

Edited by Darzk

Maybe Mods isn't what you are after. Are you making sure to go for headshots? From what i can tell, Beam weapons seem to get higher multipliers from Headshots than other weapons do. Could be totally wrong, but its how i play and my Synapse (6 forma too) is effective at LEAST to level 160, on everything.

Edited by Aigloblam

And you need to always remember to get headshots. They receive 4x damage due to the weird critical headshots mechanic.

Edit: http://goo.gl/rURTNM does 96k burst corrosive DPS with headshots, which is 168k to Ferrite, with 3/4 armor ignore.

This is, as far as i can work out, the absolute best Synapse build that can ever be made.

Edited by Aigloblam

Maybe Mods isn't what you are after. Are you making sure to go for headshots? From what i can tell, Beam weapons seem to get higher multipliers from Headshots than other weapons do. Could be totally wrong, but its how i play and my Synapse (6 forma too) is effective at LEAST to level 160, on everything.

It's crits which cause the higher multiplier, not the beam mechanic. It's also a noticeable jump on the Bows, and weapons like Soma or Sybaris which have decently high crit chance as well.

It's crits which cause the higher multiplier, not the beam mechanic. It's also a noticeable jump on the Bows, and weapons like Soma or Sybaris which have decently high crit chance as well.

Can't really run the x4 CP since I'm a lone wolf, but I will try replacing the cr with sp trigger and see how it adds up. Maybe I simply had the wrong setup chosen for the run. 

Thanks a lot for your time.