Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pick Yourself Up Or Consumables And Resourses

CaptainohCaptain

Let's take a look on this piece of technology long forgotten. I love them and I craft them, know some guys who do, but majority of players don't use them and, the most horrifying, don't know how they work. The only person I saw using them since their last revision are 4 (!) guys, 3 of them being new beings on trinities and one 16th rank Loki who was using medkits to survive from occasional bleeding. That gives? Time to do something.

Consumables suffer from several major problems:

1)They are expensive and taking resourses from same pools.

Old cyphers used to be 250 for 4-pack. Now it's either a clickfest to get one for 400 ferrite, 400 salvage and 100 credits or a bit less clickfest to get them 360 ferrite 360 nano spores and 9000 credits. 

But these resourses are hoarded anyway, you'll say. And I'll agree. But you see, 3 of the team restores (Ammo, energy, health) take these from 2 pools, one of them being nano spores and second being polymers. 4th (shield) uses nanospores again. 

What am I suggesting?

a)swapping resource pools a bit.

Energy: Circuits, Salvage

Health: Nano spores, polymer bundle

Ammo: Ferrite, Alloy plate.

Shield - down below.

b)Possibly cut down credit cost of manufacturing in half

2)They stand out of the way how game is played.

What mission do you have to run to pin your average player on place? I know only one - Orokin defense. Yet all team restores require players to stay near the metal pancake waiting their piece. I know, some people abusing them just to build stairs/hook points for valkyr/excalibur for hilariousness, but is it really their purpose?

What am I suggesting?

Make them like old team heal.

Possibly reduce their gain by ~25% 

3)There is no point in old blueprints should you research and buy medium ones. They cost the same, they give way more.

What am I suggesting?

Change resourses for crafting medium consumables:

1.5x of base resourse cost of "small"

Add 1 faction resourse for 10x batches (Mutagen sample for energy, Fieldron sample for health, Detonite ampule for ammo)

You'll ask "why Mutagen for energy"? Because of ways of obtaining it and all the bonuses of energy gives for frames.

4)Shield restore is useless.

What am I suggesting?

a)Remove it.

b)Add this instead https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248273-a-mage-with-4-spells/

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

regardless what they do, i will never spend materials on consumables. Only on permament items. Especially not since the missions are easy so far and there really is no need for any consumable at all.

Only 1 exception would be, if there was an achievement for ^^

Also to be honest when i saw a few streams ago one of those "energy staircases" i did not even know what it was. I had to search on the wiki, (i knew some consumables existed, but had no dea what they looked like)

Edited by Frostosti

Was I the Loki? I'm 16, use these, and I play both Loki and Loki Prime. :P

I think your thread is great, but I don't think your original reaction is strong enough. I hate that the game has a potion bar of spammable potions for everything, and as much as I hate cooldowns this is the ONE AND ONLY place in Warframe where I want to see cooldown's used. That, or make it so they don't pulse their effects right away. So they can't be used on the go or in the immediate sense.

We have actual SELF heal packs that can stay instant for bleed and panic. They require scanning rare botanical resources on earth, both night and day, so they are balanced through supply vs demand. Not my favorite mechanic, farming and spending, but infinitely better than spamming thoughtlessly.

P.S.

Shield Restores are for Hijack missions.

Especially not since the missions are easy so far

For fast ones, you probably want energy pack dropped down before actually starting to max your energy and rush through using max power volt, running, zorencopting.

For long standings, you may need all of them since bleed is still here while ammo and energy reduces due to enemies dying slower with every level. While some weapon systems don't use a lot of them, a lot of them do.

P.S.

Shield Restores are for Hijack missions.

Ineffective and overshadowed by sentinel restoring shields. Also, stationary while hijack is about moving

Ineffective and overshadowed by sentinel restoring shields. Also, stationary while hijack is about moving

Sounds like you've never tried it. I solo'd the original Hijack missions during the launch event using them. You run ahead of it and drop the packs outside the range. Then you stand just inside the range on the edge of the radus to get the shield restore. You move to the other edge of the radius as it passes over you, until it stops moving because it went out of range of the far side. Run ahead, drop three more and repeat. Works like a charm.

Sounds like you've never tried it. I solo'd the original Hijack missions during the launch event using them. You run ahead of it and drop the packs outside the range. Then you stand just inside the range on the edge of the radus to get the shield restore. You move to the other edge of the radius as it passes over you, until it stops moving because it went out of range of the far side. Run ahead, drop three more and repeat. Works like a charm.

Or you just pack rhino/mag and disregard any attempts to stop the music. As going with 2-man squad with sentinels wouldn't made it lethargic already.

I'm not saying that it's not working. It's just ineffective in means of cost. matching it with energy restore divine stair.