Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Defense Ever

OnnaJReverT

so, i just did a dark sector defense, and on wave 4 one of my teammates suddenly gets visited by stalker

of course he drops dead in a matter of seconds, and, lo and behold, he dropped the dread BP

for me, that was a small miracle, as i killed him about 20 times already and never got a single blueprint from him

i thought to myself "this is defense, imma leave at wave 5 and the others are gonna be fine"

little did i know that the game would glitch out and we get stuck for 20 mins at wave 5 with no enemies left until the host decided to abandon the BP (your sacrifice wont be forgotten, fellow tenno) and the host-transition put us into wave 6

now, i of course didnt risk leaving and wanted to continue up to wave 10

however, every single wave on the way there didnt move, they just stood in their respective spawn-positions and we had to search them all out

all-in-all i and my fellow tenno spent a good 30 minutes running around the map searching every single dead-end for infested enemies waiting to run into our blades until we finally ended wave 10

tl;dr: longest ten-wave defense ever since the game bugged out and nobody wanted to leave because of a stalkerdrop

Bedtime stories with OnnaJReverT... Worst Defense Ever

The spawning or movement of Infested in Dark Sector Survival has always been off, haven't met much dumb AIs in Defense tho iirc. 

yea, the problem was more that i wanted to get through, and badly...

normally i would probably have left by wave 6 or before

I always try to remember to bring a frame with AoE when doing a defense when something like this happens.  Using Enemy Radar/Sonar can help as well, but you're kind of in a bind if the enemy is stuck in a wall or glitched.

yea, i was volt and we had a banshee with us, but on the shipyard defense-map the enemies spawn pretty spread out, so you still have to run a lot (also sometimes enemies spawn in points you cleared previously, which is annoying as heck)