The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assistance With Pro Valkyr Build

Ac3ehh

Question

I don't understand how Rejuvenation helps with that.

Hysteria = Life steal and not being able to use guns, Rejuvenation regenerates your health pool, therefore you have to hysteria less.

But..wait..guns on Valkyr? What the..?

Your health regenerates without having to use hysteria?

If that's what you use Hysteria for, why don't you use -60% duration build for it?

Also, why shields?

You are wasting so many slots in your build for something that's pretty pointless.

AFAIK thats just a survivability build, literally every ehp mod and only hysteria. Fairly certain its set up to be a weapons platform rather than the melee build everyone else uses. It would work without a LS melee, for example, hence rejuv would be useful.

I used a similar build with Rejuv aura before melee 2.0 and the life strike mod was released. I still hated using hysteria or spending credits+resources to heal so it was nice to have some passive healing.

However it's sorta contrary to the intent of the frame, imo. Now that LS is released and other frames have some method of self healing there's a lot better options for a weapons platform. Zephyr comes to mind, with a lot higher effective health, better mobility, and a pretty good self shield.

If that's what you use Hysteria for, why don't you use -60% duration build for it?

Also, why shields?

You are wasting so many slots in your build for something that's pretty pointless.

1) In order to actually get back all the health you lose in lv 40+ nightmare alerts vs corpus, as you only regain health damage, and lv 80+ grineer survivals, where the armor making your claws feel like toothpicks

2) Gives you an extra second or so when facing those enemies - something which you do need on those long survivals

3) That's not even constructive - this build is designed to stop you going down up to 90+ minutes in survival, show me a build that does that better

You won`t be able to maintain a high enough kill rate in long survivals to maintain life support while trapped in Hysteria. The DPS output is just too low. You might be useful as a reviver or runner, but other frames can do it better and still contribute higher DPS. 

But that`s a problem with all Valk builds, imo. Shes not really intended to go to endless content; at least in terms of her team synergy. She has decent DPS and great personal survivability but wont be contributing to the teams DPS or survivability and is thus a liability. Best way to build is with a good weapon and high ehp, and rely on the teammate Trinity to keep you alive, no Hysteria needed.

But you can do that with any frame, and do it better with some.

All she is is easy to play, not really truly effective. I would instead focus on finding an effective and fun build at lower levels, or intended for the first hour or two of endless, and not worry about building beyond that.

You won`t be able to maintain a high enough kill rate in long survivals to maintain life support while trapped in Hysteria. The DPS output is just too low. You might be useful as a reviver or runner, but other frames can do it better and still contribute higher DPS.

But that`s a problem with all Valk builds, imo. Shes not really intended to go to endless content; at least in terms of her team synergy. She has decent DPS and great personal survivability but wont be contributing to the teams DPS or survivability and is thus a liability. Best way to build is with a good weapon and high ehp, and rely on the teammate Trinity to keep you alive, no Hysteria needed.

But you can do that with any frame, and do it better with some.

All she is is easy to play, not really truly effective. I would instead focus on finding an effective and fun build at lower levels, or intended for the first hour or two of endless, and not worry about building beyond that.

Try it with the dual ichor and corrosive projections/ shield disruptions :) I've been 55 minutes solo (difficulty 5)

Edited by (PS4)harryjackg