Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1Kbps Download Speed Bug?

YourGrandfather

This started happening after 13.7.0 for me. I have warframe on my desktop and two other laptops. What's weird is that on the desktop, the update runs fine on the launcher, with download speeds around 500-700 kbps.. But on the 2 laptops, the download speed is stuck on 1kbps. The desktop is connected directly to the modem, but the laptops are connected via wifi. I read in the forums that the slow download speed happens with certain ISP, but that can't be the case with my desktop and laptops. In order to play on the laptops i had to transfer warframe from my desktop to the laptops. 

If you have the game on Steam, verify the files. I had this, and reinstalling fixed it.

Do not do this. Even [DE]Glen has said not to do this.

The game files on STeam's servers are outdated and you'll have to wind up downloading 10GB worth of files (5GB for the copy from Steam's servers and 5 GB from DE's servers because of the updates/verification the launcher runs).

The issue may be with your router. Try running speedtest.net on your laptops and your desktop, if there are any huge discrepancies then there may be a bandwidth cap on your wifi router which can be changed by the router settings.

The issue may be with your router. Try running speedtest.net on your laptops and your desktop, if there are any huge discrepancies then there may be a bandwidth cap on your wifi router which can be changed by the router settings.

Speedtest.net is giving me a download speed of 5mbps, on every device i have at home, yet i still get 1-20 kbps download speed on every update/patch from warframe. Today  i'm in another house, my cousin's (speedtest at 10mbps), and the slow update 'bug' is still there.. it's beginning to &!$$ me off that a 7mb update would require almost the whole day to download on a 10mbps connection.. i've never had any of this problem since playing from U7.. U13 (13.7.0) onwards i get this every single time a new update is released..

EDIT : Now after 7mb download, it gets stuck at 'Checking For New Content'... zzzz... )#(@)$*)@#($*)@#

Edited by YourGrandfather

Same here. Test with Speedtest 7mb like always.  1-2 or evez ZERO kb when downloading the update. It's strage yesterday it was fine..but now is a pain!

EDIT: while downloading at 1kb i used verify download cache and suddenly the download speed reached 500 kbs. I hope this could help. Byez

Edited by Wild_Thing