Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Juggernaut....

Kaotyke

It will be an infested unit that is not very common, but when its implemented I hope its like the Tank in L4D2, we know its there somewhere and we dont want to be caught by surprise when it comes and its a pain to kill (without a Molotov at least), so I want it to have immunities from some CC powers:

Immune to:

Bastille: Thing is WAY too heavy for it to lift

Vortex: Will do damage and slow down, but wont suck it into the vortex

Mind Control/Chaos: Its mind is completelly chaotic and way too distorted by the infestation (it will only stun for a second or 2)

Rhino Stomp: Same as Bastille Vortex, he is way too heavy to be "lifted" by Stomp (but will get the damage)

Radial Blind: well, all infested attacks/runs to where noise is being made and attack there, even when blinded (last I checked)

Tornado: Same as Vortex

Terrify: Same as Mind Control (AKA no self-preservation skills)

Undertow: Maybe he doesnt fit?

Tentacle Swarm: Will do damage, but will not lift

Well of Life/Energy Vampire: Will enter the effect, but will still be able to move and attack

Sound Quake: Will do damage but will not stun

Paralisis: Too heavy to be kncoked back

Crush: Wont be lifted, but will be damaged

Reckoning: Wont be lifted and slamed down, but will do damage

Smoke Screen: Wont be knocked back

Not Immune to:

Accelerant: Will work as intented, will stun and increase fire damage.

Snow Globe: Will be slowed down inside it

Sonic Boom: Will be knocked back (it IS much stronger then Valkyr's Paralisis)

Silence: If it hasnt seen you first

Warcry: Will be slowed down

Pull: Will make it stumble and do damage

Molecular Prime: Will slow down (or speed up, depending)

So, what do you guys think?

>>Discuss

Edit:

hmm.... people are saying that Mind Control should...... mind control the Juggernaut, but I like to think of this infested as something of a berserker that lashes out at anything around, I dont think you can/should be able to control such thing.

As for having immunities, but not resistences.... DE said that this should be something of a mini-boss instead of a "normal" mob, I want to add the add the challenge/skill factor in this, that is why I think immunites are better. Its a mini-BOSS not a mid-boss (disgaea reference, anyone?), so it should feel like one, it would be a rare unit restricted to high levels, and by the time we find one, we SHOULD be with weapons and skills good enough to fight back.

As for having Pull work, but not Tornado, think of it like this: if you are pulled by someone suddenly, would you stumble? Yes. But if you are pulled in a constant way you would be able to put resist it. Maybe having Tornado slow him down a bit as hi fights the currents? I put the changes in ITALICS.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Immunity for certain powers inst a bad idea. Since the juggernaut wouldn't show up till later on in the game it wouldn't mess with inexperienced players who would poop themselves that none of their powers work on them. Although idk about the feasibility of it. However this is a slipperly slope. People are going to start wondering how pull works on infested if there is no metal on them and so on and so forth.

EDIT: Misspellings 

Edited by Zoid25

From what i seen in the stream, it's suppose to be a miniboss, but you're making it as tough, if not tougher than most bosses. Want to remove CC? Why not buff healers to give CC immunity for x seconds?

If this thing spawns in any amount more than 2 with hour suggestion would leave alot of frames screwed with it's AoE health bombs.

But still, i like some of these suggestions.

Edited by cozzi21

Oh your one of THOSE. So you just want to Stomp him so you can easily empty your soma on him then? wheres the fun on that?

He was referring to the Mind Control part. I think anyone with a Nyx would have at least a slight desire to turn the might of a Juggernaut against an Infested horde. That's the kinda fun he was talking about.

yea i think i would like the idea....but maybe if he turned up like stalker does at random then it may be even better

everyone loved the suspicious cargo idea with the actual immenent threat of death?

And thinking about it i think its about time we had more danger in this game.

Also If this idea is implemented then he should have totally outragous HP like the REAL Jugernaut from GLOBAL AGENDA the one and only real boss :D

Edit. i editted for the hell of it...just because i can

Reedit: he should also drop something specially rare....maybe a new gun or something similar that makes you have to kill him 2 or 3 times to get

Re Re Edit: people in this game shouldnt be such sissys

Edited by -CM-SASMcBride

Oh your one of THOSE. So you just want to Stomp him so you can easily empty your soma on him then? wheres the fun on that?

first of all. He's going to get old so later on everyone is just going to steam roll him without much thought.

second. I want a juggernaut on my team.

So literally what are you talking about.

EDIT: Who uses the soma?

Edited by Towermice

Immunity/reduced effectiveness of powers against certain enemies needs to be a thing, especially for bosses and minibosses, Though I like Noveltyhero's idea for reducing Mind Control to a chaos/berserk effect where it will attack everything rather than it having no effect at all.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I actually like this idea.... Overused abilities don't work because of common sense. I don't have a problem with this, makes it harder to take out. And it's not like a Rhino Stomp or something won't work, it would still take out the infested around it so you can just focus solely on the Juggernaut.

Immunity for certain powers inst a bad idea. Since the juggernaut wouldn't show up till later on in the game it wouldn't mess with inexperienced players who would poop themselves that none of their powers work on them. Although idk about the feasibility of it. However this is a slipperly slope. People are going to start wondering how pull works on infested if there is no metal on them and so on and so forth.

EDIT: Misspellings 

You can see the corpus helmets and grineer armor under and around the infested tissue. That and Crush "Magnetizes their bones"