Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Juggernaut....

Kaotyke

Maybe Undertow could trap it but only half of its size or a leg under. Flail around making it a bit impossible to melee or shoot on its weakspot, then make a huge whipping attack that could knockback nearby warframes/enemies.

Mind controlled Juggernaut wrecking havoc on the battlefield on the Tenno side? Totally YES! YES! YES! YES!

Wait what am I saying? YES! DO WANT!

Just let me drop on top of it and ride it. A Skana through whatever passes as its brain might be necessary to keep it under some level of control though.

It will be an infested unit that is not very common, but when its implemented I hope its like the Tank in L4D2, we know its there somewhere and we dont want to be caught by surprise when it comes and its a pain to kill (without a Molotov at least), so I want it to have immunities from some CC powers:

Immune to:

Bastille/Vortex: Thing is WAY too heavy for it to lift/suck (Vortex will still do damage)

Mind Control/Chaos: Its mind is completelly chaotic and way too distorted by the infestation (it will only stun for a second or 2)

Rhino Stomp: Same as Bastille Vortex, he is way too heavy to be "lifted" by Stomp (but will get the damage)

Radial Blind: well, all infested attacks/runs to where noise is being made and attack there, even when blinded (last I checked)

Tornado: Same as Vortex/Bastille (Still does damage)

Terrify: Same as Mind Control (AKA no self-preservation skills)

Undertow: Maybe he doesnt fit?

Tentacle Swarm: Will do damage, but will not lift

Well of Life/Energy Vampire: Will enter the effect, but will still be able to move and attack

Sound Quake: Will do damage but will not stun

Paralisis: Too heavy to be kncoked back

Crush: Wont be lifted, but will be damaged

Reckoning: Wont be lifted and slamed down, but will do damage

Smoke Screen: Wont be knocked back

Not Immune to:

Accelerant: Will work as intented, will stun and increase fire damage.

Snow Globe: Will be slowed down inside it

Sonic Boom: Will be knocked back (it IS much stronger then Valkyr's Paralisis)

Silence: If it hasnt seen you first

Warcry: Will be slowed down

Pull: Will make it stumble and do damage

Molecular Prime: Will slow down (or speed up, depending)

So, what do you guys think?

>>Discuss

People will complain too much.

If it gets all of this it's going to be turned into a Stalker-type enemy that basically never shows up.

You can see the corpus helmets and grineer armor under and around the infested tissue. That and Crush "Magnetizes their bones"

Okay, fair point, but you get my point about how we will be introducing new constraints into warframe and enemy design.

Can he also chase us through the map and destroy the environment around him that gets in the way? Just because us ninjas use doors shouldnt mean he cant knock the whole wall down.

DE would have to make the environment destructible first...

no CC for something that could most likely one shot light frames...yeah, that's a great idea >.>

'still does damage' huh? you realize that skill damage is a joke right? sure, works great lower level stuff, higher level it just tickles them. most all of the skills you listed are only viable later not for damage but for CC. and that's all they're good for.

CC is what makes later content viable, since the skill damage is useless.

pull ragdolls

stomp suspends

stun, paralysis, tornadoes, vortices, etc.

and solo players...what about them? your version no CC so they're just pretty much screwed unless they stick to certain frames like loki. instead of juggernaut call him infested stalker.

the thing about designing content is you have to make it work for all players. and take into account the current scaling scheme. high offense and defense, then it scales...and your plan of no way to slow him down or stop him, great idea,

this game has been slowly moving away from cheap shots. it doesn't need to be dragged backwards.

but hey...how about ancient healers cleanse CC and debuffs? each pulse wipes an effect. that way it, and other infested can still be discombobulated, but if there's a healer with the group it won't last.

won't effect insta cast/effects like pull, they'll still be ragdolled, it will end stomps suspension early, though they'll still fall and have to stand up again, same with crush, will wipe m prime, mind control, etc, all within the radius of the pulse. and jugger always spawns with one or two ancient healers or ancient eximus healers as well as the standard tanking pack, chargers, leapers to buffer and get in the way of some of the firepower from players.

vortex, tornado, puddle, tentacles, and other physical effects would not be cleansed. yeah, they could be, for a split second but since those are active constant effects the damage/CC would just be reapplied instantly so easier on the engine and host if the cleanse just ignores those types where there's an active effect.

adding that to ancient healers would make the infested overall a bit more dangerous than they currently are.

synergies among enemies makes better fights.

I like the idea of the Juggernaut to shake up gameplay, but the shield bypassing rain looks punishing, especially if the fight against it has no roof to allow a player to take cover, or even worse, pass through roofs. 

And with all the Toxic puddles/lumps/clouds/rain spewed around all over the place when fighting the Infestation, I would not be really wanting to fight it, as Toxic damage is currently quite a bit broken. 

Edited by Renegade343

I like the idea of the Juggernaut to shake up gameplay, but the shield bypassing rain looks punishing, especially if the fight against it has no roof to allow a player to take cover, or even worse, pass through roofs. 

And with all the Toxic puddles/lumps/clouds/rain spewed around all over the place when fighting the Infestation, I would not be really wanting to fight it, as Toxic damage is currently quite a bit broken. 

I do hope it's not punishing, but challenging.  Yes, toxin currently feels a bit broken, but nerfed down a bit, perhaps, it could be a rather interesting tactic.  I want the battle with this thing to last a while, not just 'instakill or be instakilled'