Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #31!

[DE]Rebecca

can we have a ability to make a short quick dash while equipping melee by double tapping the direction keys so we avoid ground slam faster and can chain our combo counter to another enemy faster? or perhaps delay the fade time of the combo counter? because the combo counter fades very fast and it is hard to chain it to another enemy other than the infested..

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

The number of feedback in the Melee 2.0 Mega Thread is too d*mn high
•is this thread going to close soon?
•is the thread giving you the information you need?
•what changes can we expect in melee2.1?

Stream #30 tried to answer notionphil's thread but in DiabolusUrsus' thread we can see that Stream #30's response was not the answers that we were looking for
•whats going to happen to "better AI" now?
•is "better AI" really the answer on making the game more challenging/engaging/dynamic/interactive?

Will there be any balance changes or changes in general to mods such as Serration or Hornetstrike (and arguably the multi-shot mods) to make them either less necessary, or at least not raise up your damage as much as they do?

With the new UI and player ships coming, will there be options when selecting a node to either:

Start a new mission and become a Host?

Or

Being able to choose a group out of the existing groups on the node rather than just being thrown into one?

Will there be any possible changes to Warframe survivability? As it stands now every Warframe outside of Valkyr (and arguably Rhino and Frost) just die near instantly the minute their shields drop in a fight.

Will the scaling of bosses be tweaked so as to better scale for both the under/equal leveled players and the "veterans"? (Will they be tweaked so that vets can't steamroll them but newer players don't have to unload their entire ammo supply to even scratch them.)

Will melee-oriented bosses be undergoing changes to better combat the Warframes (an example would be Lech Kril, who is so slow in both attacks and movespeed that he stands next to no chance of hitting anyone with his hammer.)

Are there any discussions/plans to kinda curb the power spam that is currently in-game? (Just something to stop players from using their Ultimates and heavy CC abilities in every single room, destroying most of the challenge that the room in question could have provided.)

Any plans for a Grineer-modified Warframe?

Edited by Sasquatch180

There's been a long term persistent problem with the way the game deals with input and it's been really obvious with Melee 2.0; the time window for input between animation is far too long which makes it so the game is essentially queuing user input.

For example, using the Galatine which is a very slow weapon, pressing the melee button twice quickly in succession makes it strike two times, despite the second melee command having been input before the first animation even began. It makes melee combat, especially for a fast paced action game with combos, very clumsy. The problem also isn't limited to just combat too, movement suffers from this.

Just wondering if you guys are aware of the problem or have any plans to fix it?

Well I have a big one.

With the Proxy Wars, the hint of a new faction ( sentients? ) and ships and stations , is the plan to lunch the Quest system around all this?

And will there ever be a kind of game master mode to create quests?

Will there ever be Female and Male versions of Warframes? 

Also, will certain modules on your ship effect Gameplay? For example a cannon of some sorts for Orbital strikes or perhaps Hanger modules which act as Multiplayer lobbys, In of which people can walk around as there warframes, using armories and weapon racks to change there gear and maybe a navigation table of sorts to change the mission location, and to ready up they go to one of there Shuttle carrier things and press X to get in, of course to cnacel they press X to get out ^^? Just a suggestion,haven't wanted this for ages or anything ^^

A few of the things that keep me most invested in a game or story, besides the gameplay, are the lore and the characters. While I know you've said lore is coming, and we have factions coming ‘eventually’, I haven't heard anything about more characters. I’m not going to particularly care about the Red Veil Assassins if they’re just a faceless loot machine. At this moment, we have one person with a face and voice on our side; Lotus. Darvo is a bit more questionable and much less frequent, but he's always well-received. We have bosses, we have the Grustrag, we have the Stalker, but we don’t have friends.

Give us some. Introduce us to other Tenno; have them give us alerts, or walk us through missions like Darvo did, instead of the Lotus once in a while. Hell, have them randomly join us to help on a mission! Give them a name, a slightly modified helmet or 'frame (or not even that much, yet, if you're lacking resources), and invest us in the faction. Maybe make that lone tenno operative complain about how he's only finding credits on survival missions. Do you know how much more I would've cared about that Alad V cinematic if, before it was released, we'd run a few missions with that Excalibur that got sliced up? A lot more, that's for sure. It would've made the Gradivus choice much harder and more meaningful for some, if we knew some of the NPCs that would die if we sided with the Corpus. With the new hubs as well, it’s a perfect opportunity.

So, to sum up in a livestream question: Do you have any plans to introduce new friendly characters for players to interact with, either by assisting us in-mission, the coming hub systems, or by some other medium?

Question: Why bring over community concepts if you're not actually going to follow those concepts? What's the point of introducing Derf Anyo if you're bringing the character over in name only? My sentiments on this here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/248078-devstream-30-overview-part-2-grineer-corpus-and-enemy-design/#entry2878680

Also, when are we going to get some lore? I don't mean a backstory for whatever new content comes out. I mean when are we going to get some full-fledged, well written lore (story)? Is there no one dedicated to writing lore?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

A few quick questions, if it's not too much trouble.

First off, I hate to touch on PvP because it's such a heated issue, but with PvP becoming more and more integral to the game, what are the plans with adding in PvP elements to Dark Sector conflicts and other aspects of Warframe? Also, what would you have to say to people like myself who have concerns that, as PvP becomes more and more central to gameplay, we'll see balance changes in the future for Warframes, Abilities, and Weapons that are based on balancing those things against each other in a PvP aspect instead of balancing them against PvE enemies and situations?

Secondly, with the Kubrows. Is there any information we can get on the abilities that these guys will have in combat and what sort of customization options we can expect to receive? By this I mean, will having a Kubrow be like picking a Carrier over a Dethcube in that we'll be picking pre-determined unique skills and abilities, or will we have some choice when we "grow" our Kubrow in what kind of specialties to give it; i.e. making a Kurbow that's more offense or defense oriented by default akin to how Shade and Wyrm are? Also, how will the current mod system work with Kubrows? Will they use sentinel mods, or even be mod-able at all?

Thirdly, is there any chance at all in the future that we will be able to name our sentinels and/or Kubrows? I've wanted to name my Dethcube "Companion Cube" since its release when I painted it white and pink like a Companion Cube from Portal (I know, I'm a nerd, sorry), but naming/renaming isn't an option. Is there any talk that we might eventually get to do this?

Thanks guys, and I can't wait to see you all on the Devstream tomorrow!

Q1: Do you have any plans on a (hoping) near future expansion of the solar system?

Q2: Will the Earth mission "Everest" have a boss in it again?

Q3: Is AladV taking a coffee break? What are his plans? Wait until we die of old age?

Hope you'll answer, see u at Devstream! :D

Can you make Focus a bit more clear? (wait. :/ very clear.) Say, explain what's a Focus Lens, is it really worth it to use focus is it just to make mastery worthwhile or does it hold other usefulness, explain please :)

And, can you give us a sneak peek on who's the next frame to be released, maybe don't uncover too much(that would take the fun of amusement out of it!) , but don't leave us in the dark. Just tell us his theme, type of frame, and etc. Or maybe you haven't had any new frames to be released? Please tell us players honestly!

Hope you guys have a lore to make with so playing WF doesn't feel like over-redundant carnage against those 3 factions. Maybe a new faction? But I'm not going to be pushy. Please just overall, clear up some stuff in future updates so we can anticipate it better!

EDIT: We have seen in the new Breeding Grounds event mods, that is depicted a new unreleased warframe, who is it?

Edited by Leviathan101

would it be possible to get more explorable maps, i want to creep through an air-vent to slaughter some corpus, and maybe hidden rooms, like a surveillance room, that if you destroy without the guard spotting you could disable any active alarms and stop them being activated for the duration of the mission. plus it would be nice to explore more of the map

My friends and I have a weekly bet with weapon kills, i.e. if I were had the highest amount of Dread kills, the others have to buy me a pizza.

The problem is, this takes time, having to go into everyone's profile, scroll down to the certain weapon, then compare with other profiles.

A WebAPI would fix this, as well as give other users the chance to do the same, it makes the game more fun and less repetitive. You guys could even come up with weekly contests like my friends and I do, i.e. "Weekly Kill Weapon: The Drakgoon", but with Taters instead of pizza.

I know you guys are busy with U14 and all (pls soon), but when you get the chance, could you make it happen?

*Maybe Javascript?"