Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Dragon)Nikana Request

_Absolom_

No it's not it's just silly and ridiculous.  It works if you cut down a bunch of guys and then they all fall down in a bloody mess right as you sheathe it, but I always facepalm when I see something like attack sheath attack sheath attack attack sheath sheath.  

Now what would REALLY be cool is a stance that lets you draw the sword and and dual wield with the sheath in the off hand, which is also a historic style used by the Samurai.

Indeed, I've been playing with the thought of posting that as well.

Oh well, our ideas have been posted and the rest is up to DE.

i think the current nikana stance is fine for the type of weapon here. I'm not a feudal japan weapon master of the arts here but looking at the idle animation and way of "slashing" its a "quick-draw" school of art. so having it sheathe till the last moment is part of the dragon nikana theme. I believe someone said this earlier but this is why dragon nikana is regarded as one of the highest damaging melee out now.it has a few powerful 1-2-3 slash movements then back in sheathe in normal situations.

To each his own. I personally think it's fine, and could come up with a dozen or so sci-fi reasons why the blade has to be sheathed after a few slashes.

Now the stances being... weird? Illogical? Inconsistent with the draw theme? Well that's a whole new can of worms.

I really like this discussion, and I really look forward to any new stances for the Nikana. As for the OP's thought on the draw stance being odd, I do agree to an extent. I have had reservations as to the running animations when the Nikana is equipped, it just felt too arkward to see the right arm grasping the hilt of the Nikana when running. I would have recomended that the right hand is free whilst running and only the left arm holding the sheath.

When combat commences, only then will the right arm reach for the hilt and pull the blade out.

I am also wondering if DE will get more stances for Nikana.......when I thought of future stances I thought the mass of stances in Way of the Samurai 4.