Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psychic Bolts

Me.Greedy

... there needs to be somthing more with this skill. it is pathetic, it doesn't do damge, and it doesn't cause any kind of useful status.

idea: make them radioactive, then you'd have  chance to make the enemy shoot each other. i know it's a bit redundant to mind control but this would be a CHANCE to radioactive, and it hits a few more targets, (and ofcourse does the small damage it does already.)...

or stun the enemy for a few seconds...

anything!!!! i just find it a waste of a skill slot.

They should:

1) aim for the head and, as a result, deal bonus damage (maybe have a high chance for headshots, not guaranteed)

1a) deal Slash damage on headshots for the bonus damage?

2) deal Radiation damage, because more chaos is thematic and a great idea

2a) deal Radiation damage on body hits?

and...

3) most importantly, go through bloody walls and terrain so they don't blow up the instant that they're cast (they did it for Absorb because it was useless, so come on)

I'm going to stop editing this now before it gets out of hand... >_>

Edited by Ailith

I'd like it if they had more damage, and instead did the same thing as bows where a body killed by them can kill others, and also pin things to walls.

It would be interesting if they'd split into smaller, weaker bolts if an original bolt scores a kill, with each of the new bolts seeking a new enemy. They would probably have to be limited to one split per original bolt (secondary ones can't split) to prevent severely abusing them, but it would both be cool to see and it would help Nyx clear rooms without having to rely entirely on Absorb or Fight Club (Chaos).

Edited by Ailith

The damage on Bolts is good, especially when it procs.  The problem is that they are clunky to cast and almost always just hit terrain anyway.   Homing in on weak points (similar to Null Star's latest change) would be a good first step. Ignoring armor would also be nice.

Edited by RealPandemonium

They are an interesting idea for an ability, however in there current iteration they are essentially not worth using.  They have too much of a tendency to hit walls, and the fact that they have no special effects (that ive seen anyway) makes them not really worth using most of the time.

Posted this on another Nyx thread that I saw before this one, but since this thread is fully about Psychic Bolts, I figured I'd repost it here:

I think Psychic Bolts would be interesting, seeing as they already mark enemies with your Energy color, if they gave some sort of a debuff to the damaged enemies.

This would also give you a reason to not make them home-in on a single target.

Alternatively, they could be changed to Radiation damage with 100% proc chance.

And just by looking through this thread, we pretty much all agree on this.