Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: 1347 [Ooc]

S.T.M.P.D

Greek fire usually is

Not only that. She uses explosive substances as well... And while she can mix healing poultices, and different toxins (she`s got the knowledge) it`s not her style, and she only sticks to burning, exploding, and treating burn scars.

Not only that. She uses explosive substances as well... And while she can mix healing poultices, and different toxins (she`s got the knowledge) it`s not her style, and she only sticks to burning, exploding, and treating burn scars.

So what about say the other frames, Excalibur, Trinity, Loki and Frost. What kinds of powers would they be able to manifest?

So what about say the other frames, Excalibur, Trinity, Loki and Frost. What kinds of powers would they be able to manifest?

I guess whatever goes, as long as it`s not face-stomping death for the enemy. And well anything that could`ve arisen from their previous profession.

Excal could be able to cast a blinding light and maybe achieve inhuman speed burst for a while (that being Blind and a less slashy Slash Dash)

Trinity could Rejuvenate and Accelerate the healing of wounds (moddified Well of life and energy vamp)

Loki could teleport around, and maybe cast an illusion (Switch teleport and decoy)

Frost could probably cause temperatures around him to drop, and maybe create a mist (2 different variations of the snowglobe)

These are just my ideas, and all of these seem as relatively minor arcane powers.

As for Ember, she can create fire only in her hands. Everything else is bottles, vials and jars filled with different types of mixtures - nothing arcane, just alchemical knowledge. with a prefference of fire and explosives. I guess the background profession is dependant on the other people themselves. And thus some skills might overlap.

I guess we should just write a short backstory of our Knight-frames, introducing them and their abilities to the others... maybe...

I don`t know - whatever people feel like doing... ^^

The idea with the Warframes is not the four different abilities per se, it's about using the roots of those powers in creative ways. For example, Excalibur has "accelerators" on his hands and feet, which he uses to preform Slash Dash and Super Jump, but can be used in more direct ways.

That's just my idea, anyway.

Btw, Very quickly here's a message from The Volt AKA Temperance.

He says that while he really wants to join in as volt but unfortunately due to Rise, he's become rather engrossed and addicted to it. he sends his apologies and is off for another shot of Rise.

Oh and he says good luck

Perhaps I should have sent my own message Drake....

Apologies to all the RPers here on Warframe 1347; due to my involvement in Rise of the Faithful, and a standing computer limit IRL, I may not be able to actively participate for some time yet.  Once I have a little more time (and all-important inspiration), I will be more than happy to write Volt for all of you.  In the mean time, as Drake says, good luck, and have fun.

Addendum: I was thinking of making Volt a weapons smith, ie. the guy everyone goes to when their gear breaks, and who complains the whole time he's fixing it.

Well, that's all from me.  Until later!

Best regards,

Temperance000

Due to timezones (GMT+8), I may not be able to post as often as I'd like and will try to take a more 'background and flavour' role. I'll still try to post whenever I can of course, but I think it may be best that I do not get too involved.

Fun fact: There totally was a native chieftain who, after getting buried, got a form of hero worship, and a cathedral built on top of his remains over the centuries. It's sort of amazing to think that this dude founded the entirety of Geneva, especially considering that no one knows his legends, what he did that got him his own personal cult.

In regard to the whole Warframes but not Warframes thing, I believe the whole Arcane-tainted armor augmentations makes sense.  Frost's is a little lore related if you couldn't tell, and also the whole ventilation system thing I described.  However, his abilities do not reach the point of Avalanche spam and can only partly pull off the other three.  I'll start us off with a bit of summary; others can do the same if they wish.

Here I will set limitations that I might break or continue to change depending on how they work with the other Tenno.

Freeze- With extreme concentration of his in-armor ventilation system and his rather strong temperature bending power, Frost can centralize his freezing temperature to one area.  This will not freeze someone entirely as in the game, but rather freeze a limb or create a burst of cold to simply halt the enemy, depending on the amount of time he has and his level of concentration/maybe mana?  Mana is practically the basis of most magics, however with the influence of "ninja" like qualities, perhaps "chi" is the proper term.

Ice Wave- Though not as concentrated as Freeze, Frost's Ice Wave takes the same principle: the bending and freezing of the air in a straight line in front of Frost creates shards within the currently existing air.  Those shards will group together to form the wave, but almost instantly disintegrate.  The victims will not meet an explosive icy demise like in the game, but anyone caught will surely be stabbed or lacerated by the protruding shards.

Snowglobe- Under very few circumstances can Frost maintain a full sphere or "globe" of the ice he bends.  However, a smaller, redirection based wall of frozen air is quite easy for him to create (similar to Volt's Shield).  A full globe requires him to remain stationary.  Frost can quite simply reflect oncoming blows (projectile or not) by creating mini walls around him, but as always, his timing and the amount he can do before he is exhausted+his vent system needs to cool down is limited.

Avalanche- Only conceivable in cold areas or in times of heavy, COLD rain.  (If attempted in warm climate with tepid rain, the most he can do is cause the rain to clump together slightly.  This seems to interfere/synergize with his other abilites as well, depending on what he is trying to do.)  In any area filled with ice, such as his home, the effects of this ability are essentially similar to what happens in game.  But other ice or extremely cold temperatures a required to be present for it to even be possible, and even then the utmost focus and strength is necessary.

So there is MY summary, now to go fit in to the IC.

I suppose it's my turn then.

I guess Trinity here is an master of changing, redirecting and transforming the flow of energies into restorative waves. She doesn't exactly 'generate' energy, she merely draws it from something else. 'Steals', if you will. Not exactly a very holy ability, but the purposes for which she uses her powers are pure and just.

Well of Life - Discharges a current of energy that suspends a target by their ankles and coats them with a draining field. The attacks of comrades which connect with the target act as conduits to facilitate the transfer of life force. Alternatively, Trinity herself can become the Well of Life, and drain her own life force to heal her brethren. Due to her beliefs, Trinity will likely resort to the latter method.

Energy Vampire - A powerful spell cast upon a single enemy that rapidly draws his vital energies and releases it as waves of invigoration. This greatly drains the target's stamina, causing them to be exhausted to the point of brief incapacitation. As this technique typically does not kill the target, Trinity is more comfortable with using this technique.

Link - In a pinch, Trinity can tag a target and forge a one-way life link between the two. Damage sustained while the link is active will be partially mitigated by the target, who will share her burden. This is a rather vengeful and harmful technique that Trinity prefers to avoid using, but when circumstances demand more desperate measures, she will not hesitate to employ them.

Blessing - Completely drains all her energies to restore the physical conditions of her party, Excess restorative power becomes defensive fortitude, granting them temporary increased resistance to physical harm.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Hey pwnr make sure to exploit all the physics involved with frost's power *cough* fog *cough* metal *hacking cough* I say that cause loads of fine ice crystals can cut skin easily, not alot at once but a lot of tiny cuts add up. Also Sorry that banshee's so long but i wanted to have if she had something to amp her powers versus if not.

Well since Banshee seems to be a master of manipulating and shaping sounds, as will be shown a bit later she is a bit of a bardic character. While she can produce sound naturally without any sort of focus it isn't very strong, however with a focus and the correct circumstances her acoustic prowess can be very deadly over an even larger range, such as water, caves, pretty much any place that can echo and amplify sound waves. However this comes at a major disadvantage to her as well since her sight is based on a type of echo-location, to much sound or very loud sounds and her sonar will be scrambled making her truly blind, this aspect makes her offensive abilities a massive setback.

No sound focus

Sonic Boom - A high pitched and close range scream that can easily daze a target or small group of targets in front of the Banshee. This takes little energy but will slowly cause the Banshee to lose her voice due to the harsh pitches she must attain to create a dazing blast.

Self-blind chance: very-low

Sonar - Banshee doesn't really use this ability so much as it grants her the ability to see via echo-location. However she can use it to detect structural defects in some materials such as armor or stone buildings. The range of her sight and her ability to detect defects depends largely on her surroundings and how much background noise there is, crowded areas tend to overwhelm her ability to 'see' clearly, where as the patter of rain will give her constant sight. Self-blind chance:none

Silence - With concentration Banshee can produce dampening sounds to soften those around herself to nearly imperceptible levels, she will often use this if she wants to try and tune-out the noise created by others in close proximity or make her own foot falls and actions quieter.

Self-blind chance: none

Sound Quake - While not being the bass dropping mastermind as she is in game, Banshee can exploit acoustically rich areas to create a large field of sound waves to cause moderate injury her foes, if an area is not able to be fully exploited such as a room that dampens sound then this will only cause incapacitation to anyone in the sound field. Self-blind chance: Moderate

With Sound Focus

Sonic Boom - A high pitched note played on an instrument or screech produced in an acoustically rich environment can be very hazardous. At close ranges this can cause severe internal damage and often permanent hearing loss for enemies. At medium distances this can cause permanent hearing loss or temporary deafness. At long ranges it can only cause temporary deafness or daze those who hear the sound. When combined with Banshee's silence skills she can nullify or lessen the effect on those that she chooses or even focus a devastating blast at a single target.

Self-blind chance: Moderate

Sonar - Banshee's sight range is much farther when sounds can bounce in good locations allowing prolonged sight, longer sight range, and the ability to detect flaws easier. Otherwise this ability functions the same as without a sound focus.

Silence - Same as without sound focus but can extend this effect to nearby allies or objects instead of just herself.

Self-blind chance: none

Sound Quake - While not being the bass dropping mastermind as she is in game, Banshee can exploit acoustically rich areas to create a massive field of sound waves to cause Serious injury to her foes, if an area is not able to be fully exploited such as a room that dampens sound then this will only cause mild wounds and incapacitation to anyone in the sound field. Self-blind chance: Extremely-high.

So. as an inspired by our most favoured RPer's I shall put out 1347 Ash's abilities and limitations.

Shurikin - These are actually Kunai Design Shurikins for that impalement rather than actual  Star Shurikins. while Ash does throw them with enough power to kill them, they won't be impaled and he'll only have a limited amount of Kunais.

Smoke Bomb - Like the Kunais they are in limited number and they won't turn him invisible like his Sci Fi counterpart but the smoke bombs he designs are more powerful and have a larger range to blind and confuse his opponents for him to either take the kill or escape.

Teleport - This pretty much explains how it is. Except he can teleport anywhere with a thought but he has to concentrate to go farther distances and it does take a lot out of him if he over-exerts himself as a consequence.

Bladestorm - I think this can go in two ways. One is pretty much similar to his Sci Fi counterpart's except he doesn't have clones. but he's also not invulnerable. if his opponent is fast enough they could interrupt his blade-storm. The Second is a more literal blade storm for more ranged encounters. this does however waste his Kunais as a consequence.

Guess i better explain Ember then.

She was an alchemist before, and an Explorer as well. Traveled around a lot, in search of new knowledge.

She had been born with a mutation - her metabolism was abnormally fast. Thus her body temperature several degrees higher than normal.

In time she learned to control the heat in her body heating up specific parts if needed, but only when Lotus gave her Accelerator pads, she could actually produce fire. There is a downside though. Since it`s her own body heat that she`s using, she cools down, and passes out, if using her powers too much.

1. She can produce a continuous jet of fire for a short period of time, or set small objects in her hand on fire. She carries special glass balls, with a burning liquid in them, to throw at enemies, if needed. she is slightly cooler to touch after igniting 1 ball, and is severely weakened after 5 such balls. If possible she just throws vials of highly unstable liquid.

2. She can heat up her surroundings to 232 degrees Celsius (and cause paper to ignite). This allows other stuff to ignite easier, and causes people near her get as far as possible, for the heat is unbearable. She avoids using this ability, because she herself becomes too weak to move, and needs several hours to recover.

3. She sprays Greek fire in a circle around her, to create a wall of fire. Usually she carries 3 canisters of Greek fire. This is not an ability per se, just a usage of tools.

4. She creates massive jets of fire around her, and causes minor eruptions around her. The temperature raises drastically, and anyone caught in it is severely burned, or killed. This skill is a last resort, and she has used it only once. When using this ability she falls into a near fatal state, her internal temperature drops to 23 degrees Celsius, her heartbeat slows down drastically, and she loses consciousness.

If possible Ember will use her alchemical know-how and throw vials and bottles at the enemy, instead of using her skills.

Other equipment:
Greek Fire in a canister - 3; "Fireballs™"-5; vials of nitroglycerin - 10; a small pot of burn lotion, to aleviate the pain, and speed up the healing process of burns.

While Ember can create fire, and manipulate it to some extent, she is not immune to the heat and it`s effects. If she`s creating fire without her gauntlets - she burns her hands.

Valkyr's turn.

After the Geneva incident, Valkyr was captured by the Corpus. They took her to the tower where the Tenno later found her, and tortured her as she worshiped the old gods, such as Thor and Odin. They failed to convince her to become a Christian. She is only 15 years old.

In combat, she is very tough, nearly immune to pain, but she will feel it if she takes enough damage.

Rip line

This will probably end up being a small grappling hook that is launched from her arm. This seems the easiest thing to do, however, she can't use it yet as the gauntlet the hook is mounted on is damaged.

War Cry

This one can translate straight across. It inspires nearby allies and makes then move faster, hit harder, and resist pain better. It also frightens her foes, making then hesitant to attack.

Paralysis

A scream that terrifies her foes, making them cower away form her in fear and cover their ears, as it is loud enough to damage someone hearing.

Hysteria

She goes on a blood crazed killing spree. Pain is ignored, and she strikes harder and faster than she normally does. If we can get some claws like the Venka for her, she will use those instead of her swords like this. However, she does not always see the difference between friend and foe like this, so she may attack her allies if they get in her way.

Ooh, Ohh... can i take Nyx? :) Pretty please?

Looks like he gave you the slot dude, nice to see our party filling out. Also i probably should mention that unless otherwise stated Banshee talks quiet enough so that only the people very close to her can hear, hence why she leans in often.

Well, i`m happy to join in, but i will be on rather rarely. As much as i`ve seen, you guys are a lot more active, than i will be able to be...

I guess my Nyx will be like a pseudo-messenger. Appearing for a short while and then going off again... If that`s ok...

P.S. I`ll insert my Nyx after the Tower, most likely, as a sudden change of the assignment. If everyone`s ok with it, that is...

Edited by Soloman-Lynx

Nekros' explanation incoming.

He is as the OP had described him: "A somber Egyptian scholar obsessed with the occult arts, Nekros is said to have gleaned his powers from a mysterious golden tower in the desert he calls Orokin."

Nekros' abilities draw from the life energy of others, similar to the workings of Trinity's abilities. With the help of the gifts he received from the Orokin tower, he can turn, concentrate and remove the life force of the area around him. However, each use of this ability also drains a fraction of his own energy, and overexertion could potentially kill Nekros. It's basically casting from hit points.

Soul Punch: Nekros forces the life force in front of him forward, often affecting one target, severely crippling them. This ability automatically places their energy in the air for Nekros to claim. With enough focus, he can do the same damage to multiple targets at once.

Terrify: The trapped energies of those who died near Nekros are collected over time inside a small container, angering them the longer they are held in captivity. Nekros can then force them all out in a terrifying display of power, striking fear into the hearts of those around him.

Desecrate: Nekros uses his occult power on the cadavers around him. This benefits him threefold. First, it tears apart the bodies to such an extent that they effectively disappear. Second, whatever remains can be quickly collected to the benefit of the caster and his fellow Tenno. Third, it replaces whatever energy Nekros expended on his other spells. In this way, he reduces the risk of dying by using his spells too much.

Shadows of the Dead: Nekros' scythe is a soul jar in itself, but instead of aggravating those within, it indoctrinates them, forcing them to the side of the Tenno. Nekros can summon them by stabbing the blade into the ground, crafting bodies out of the earth for the souls to use. The longer he maintains their presence on the earth, the more energy he uses. Thus, he only keeps it up for a minute at most (barring special circumstances).

Edited by MageMeat

-snip-

I will agree that Nekros is the most capable of being really powerful.  He is one of the few totally granted his power by the Orokin.

On a personal note, today I woke up with a fever of 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit, which fluctuated a couple dozen times.  So I apologize for the lack of posting, I've been sleeping all day to try and get rid of it.  (it's working, by the way.)

I will agree that Nekros is the most capable of being really powerful.  He is one of the few totally granted his power by the Orokin.

On a personal note, today I woke up with a fever of 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit, which fluctuated a couple dozen times.  So I apologize for the lack of posting, I've been sleeping all day to try and get rid of it.  (it's working, by the way.)

Drink. Chug gallons of water, and take meds only if you`re really, really feel like jack-sh*t... Eat veggies, and keep activity to a minimum (well seems like you`ve got that covered). Trust me - i work in a hospital... :D

Other than that - let`s hope you get well soon... :)