Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: 1347 [Ooc]

S.T.M.P.D

Ok, so I go out of town for a little bit and I come back to see this thread has exploded, haha! :D Sorry for my absence after asking to play Rhino, but I got caught up on the threads today and will be posting soon (though I might wait a little bit for things to progress before I jump in, find a logical place for Rhino to join you).

But just to make sure I have things straight, our characters know each other already, yes? I like this angle, makes it a lot easier to jump in. I will post up a short intro here in the OOC thread before posting in the IC thread so folks have some idea of who he is. :)

As S.T.M.P.D mentioned in the OP, Rhino is a warrior from the African empire of Mali. I won't go too much into detail about his background seeing as it's been alluded to in the IC post that our time before being chosen by the Lotus to be Tenno is murky at best (plus I think it could be neat for that sort of thing to come out in RP). I will go over some basics of what the others would know about him after their time together since the Geneva incident (and I'm assuming at least some time before).

-Rhino is, as you might expect,  a rather large male, standing a little over 6.5 feet (roughly 2 meters) tall, broad shouldered and heavily muscled. Since being chosen by the Lotus he is rarely without his armor, but when he is without, his features are largely unremarkable. He has dark brown skin that is marred by multiple scars, and he keeps his head and face shaved. He is likely one of the older of the group (late 30's, which is probably pretty dang old for this time period), and it shows in the lines of his face. He is a generally affable man, often smiling or laughing when the group is not in immediate danger. Like Frost he is protective of the group (I imagine the two of them would hit it off pretty well and probably be good friends if the player thinks that would fit :) ). His voice is a rumbling bass and accented but easily understandable by most. He is a combat veteran, and seems to come from a military background based on his understanding of tactics and warfare. 

-Rhino has an especially deep hatred of the Corpus for reasons he doesn't fully understand.

-Rhino's abilities are best described as simple but effective. The augments in his armor enhance his already great strength to superhuman levels, which he has learned to manifest in a variety of ways.

-Like his namesake, he is capable of charging his enemies in short, powerful bursts, his strength allowing him to easily trample and overpower all but the strongest of foes.

-Additionally, through intense concentration he is able to harden his skin for a time, allowing him to shrug off damage with ease, though this ability takes it's toll over time and he will eventually deplete his strength if forced to exert himself for too long.

-By focusing the power in his armor he is able to stomp the ground with enough force to send nearby foes flying. This ability takes a large toll on his overall strength though and he will generally only use it as a form of crowd control while fighting alongside his fellow Tenno, to prevent them from being overwhelmed.

-Finally, a mysterious, invisible force emanates from Rhino when engaged in combat along side his brothers and sisters that grants them increased strength and overall combat ability. Swords strike harder, arrows land with greater accuracy, and natural ability is enhanced.  Whether it's through some unknown bond between the Warframe armors themselves or a special quality among those chosen by the Lotus is impossible to say, but the results are undeniable. As with all of Rhino's powers, the strength of this ability is linked to his overall strength and stamina, and prolonged use will eventually exhaust him. Because he doesn't fully understand this ability yet and can't fully control when it manifests, it has the greatest chance to exhaust him if used for too long. 

Equipment:

During normal travel, Rhino wears a loose fitting burnoose over his armor, the helmet is generally near to hand but tied to the pommel of his horse's saddle. He primarily wields a short glaive that is a little over 5 feet from the bottom to the tip of the curved blade in open combat. (think orthos but with only one blade). He also carries a dagger at his belt as well as a hand axe that is generally secured to his saddlebags. He keeps a short bow and a small quiver of arrows as well, though he rarely uses them for anything other than hunting.  He keeps normal travelling gear, but nothing particularly special (rope, trail rations, flint and tinder, torches/lantern, bedroll, tent, blanket etc. Basic stuff). 

So!

Any thoughts on this PW buyout?

I checked what "all outstanding shares" means.

It means they're going to buy all the shares. Every. Single. One.

Oh, and a Chinese food company is in the deal too. By that I mean a food company from china, not a Chinese food company.

So our forums are likely going to be purged by the PRC, and thoroughly censored afterwards.

Hey guys! My Beloved One is coming out of hospital tomorrow, where she had to spend the last 4 months, so i`ll be away from i-net going to the country side with her, for a few days.

While i`m gone, Ember`s looking for her Obsidian, and Trinity is now in charge of the rabbit stew. Don`t do anything too crazy, `kay?

So!

Oh, and a Chinese food company is in the deal too. By that I mean a food company from china, not a Chinese food company.

So our forums are likely going to be purged by the PRC, and thoroughly censored afterwards.

Let`s hope that we`re still allowed to RP, after that catastrophe. As long as we keep in mind that PWE IS OUR GREAT MASTER, AND BELOVED OVERSEER we should be fine. :P

Edited by Psychotoxin

Hey guys! My Beloved One is coming out of hospital tomorrow, where she had to spend the last 4 months, so i`ll be away from i-net going to the country side with her.

While i`m gone, Ember`s looking for her Obsidian, and Trinity is now in charge of the rabbit stew. Don`t do anything too crazy, `kay?

I hope you enjoy your time together!

So!

Just check out the Ultra-thread for it. as well as the petition

https://www.change.org/petitions/digital-extremes-ltd-not-to-sellout-to-perfect-world-entertainment

Edited by Drakeardian

And this PW thing is news to me...I'm assuming you mean Perfect World International? Huh, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I can say they seem to have a tendency to homogenize everything they touch, so here's hoping Warframe keeps it's unique identity.... 

She should be inside now, assuming we're cooking at the very back of the cave(which we should so the smoke would escape outside). She did go to unload her horse but since Ember is now searching for her horse she has to take over the stew *__*

you know, I've been thinking.

WOuld Nekros and Trinity have arguments about wither a person should live or Die? given they are both representations of life and Death?

Or maybe they could get along since death is only another part of life.

Anyways, would be interesting to see/read/hear an argument between them. :D

you know, I've been thinking.

WOuld Nekros and Trinity have arguments about wither a person should live or Die? given they are both representations of life and Death?

Or maybe they could get along since death is only another part of life.

Anyways, would be interesting to see/read/hear an argument between them. :D

Both characters basically do the same thing: screw with the energy around them. However, I can see their beliefs conflicting, considering that Trinity is a more protective and prefers not to harm others, while Nekros is comfortable with employing more... merciless tactics.

However, expanding on Psychotoxin's note, in Egyptian mythology, death is essentially a gateway to another life. I would imagine that Nekros, being an Egyptian scholar who uses occult magic, has a stance similar to this.

Edited by MageMeat

Oh ok what characters  are there left?

If you check the OP, there is a running tab of who is playing which characters and which are still free (they are all Warframes only). If there were to be an exception, I suppose that would be up to the creator. :)