Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Dark Sword So Weak?

ErudiusNacht

Yes it's radiation. Yes it's a combo element. But still, a "Dark Sword" methinks deserves some more "umph". It's barely the same amount of damage as a regular one-hand sword and it's slow. It would have been fine if it were a market sold weapon, but it's an alert item and IMHO it really deserves more. Thanks/

I'll say it is "unique" that it is a radiation weapon, but I do agree that it needs something...more. As do A LOT of the melee weapons. I mean they are all slash weapons, only about two may be worth keeping, the rest are just...fodder. Among other things. Melee got reworked, but melee weapons still have some way to go left.

Dark Sword isn't the only offender ofcourse, but yes.

Dark Sword needs a new Mesh too, a stretched version of the Mesh Dark Dagger uses doesn't look good. the blade just looks really silly.

and Dark Sword only does a little bit more Damage than Dark Dagger, which is really odd.

I'll say it is "unique" that it is a radiation weapon, but I do agree that it needs something...more. As do A LOT of the melee weapons. I mean they are all slash weapons, only about two may be worth keeping, the rest are just...fodder. Among other things. Melee got reworked, but melee weapons still have some way to go left.

This.

A lot of melee weapons are just reskins of other melee weapons.

Agreed.

Each weapon should have its own niche; there shouldn't be one weapon that's a direct upgrade to the rest of the damn category. (I'm looking at you, Dakra Prime and Fang Prime and rage-inducing Ankyros Prime.)

The Bo Prime is a good example of what should be done with melee weapons. While a weapon can be overall superior, the other weapons in the category (in this case the Amphis, with far-superior mobility and crowd-control) should be viable in their own way. They don't need everything to be sidegrades, but players should be able to choose to use the lower-tier weapons without 100% gimping themselves.

Edited by SortaRandom