Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death-Marks Should Be Frame-Specific

(PSN)bjTBITS

The way death-marks work can really hamper your ability to play comfortably, considering the G3 and the Stalker, and to a bit lesser of an extent, the Harvester.

Alright, so say I take my highest-level frame to get a death mark from the G3 on an Invasion mission. I want Natural Talent  or Split Chamber or a Brakk part or something.

Do five missions, get mail, easy-peasy. I run around elsewhere trying to get the G3 to spawn, but they're somewhere sitting on their butts and not spawning.

I burn out trying. I decide to take some time off trying to farm them to rank up my new frame and loadout.

I go to Apollodorus. Suddenly, the G3 are full of energy again, and they easily decimate my frame, or I abort. Either way, one is just as much a slap in the face as the other, since I was trying to farm them and suddenly they appear when I have no chance of getting their drops.

Why? I fought the Grineer in that Invasion as my high-level frame, so why are they attacking my low level one?

A situation like this, death-marks causing you not to be able to use your lower-level ones for fear of them being attacked and utterly annihilated, is why I think death-marks should be frame specific. It may never be implemented, but it sounds like a cleaner system to have one frame be marked than being targeted across 10 frames.

They're smart enough to attack you while you're at your weakest Tenno.

This is an interesting idea, of course, though i doubt it'll be implemented. And with stuff like the G3 you can just run. The Lotus does give you that option. Not the stalker though, nor the harvester.