Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Earn Free Platinum![Guide]

Mirriky

Question

Well guess what?

YOU CAN! (yay)

There are now 3 official ways you can get platinum without spending any of your (or your parents) money, 2 are largely luck/RNG based (if you are surprised by this you have not been playing long enough) and the other is... well I guess more RNG in a way but more gameplay involved too.

"I want to get platinum for playing the game/completing tasks"

Method 1: TRADING

Run void missions, collect loot, sell maxed out or drop-rate-rare mods (you will have more luck with things like Rage rather than Streamline), jump into the trading chat/forums and see if anyone is looking for what you have!

This may not be instant cash, but it's enough to buy you a few more warframe/weapon slots and by far the easiest way to make money.

Here is a good site to check prices of items you want to buy/sell - http://wftrading.net/

"They should put platinum in the login rewards"

Method 2: They did

This is pure luck and doesn't give out much, but it is there.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239185-luckiest-day-of-my-warframe-career-since-pre-u4/

"I can't think of a quote for this one so I'll pretend someone said this"

Method 3: Giveaways

Possibly the biggest payout you can get, but hard to hit.

Note: Platinum earnt this way is unable to be traded and can only be used in the market. (Thanks GNAAHH)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132826-trading-guidefaq/ 

5) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".

There are 3 sub categories here.

1. Dev-streams: Every Dev-stream and Prime Time on twitch Rebecca does a roll of the die and one lucky winner gets 1000 Platinum, they do this a ~3-4 times per stream. (thanks ReiganCross for confirming)

2. Competitions: DE likes to hold community events every now and then to see what we are all capable of. Stretching from pumpkin carving all the way to short stories and poems.

3. Twitter: Every now and then DE will post a key for 1000 platinum with the missing letter hidden told in a very simple question. You have to be fast on this one, but it is possible to win.

Additional ways to earn Platinum: (by Tulzscha)

Method 4: Community Competitions

Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - "I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards." -Tulzscha

Method 5: Clan Prizes
Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

---------

So, there are multiple ways to acquire free platinum, and if you want more, there are always coupons in the login rewards (I have received the 50% off a few times in the near year I have been playing, still yet to see a 75%)

Given how this is the main income for DE, I think it is quite generous.

I hope this helped, and good hunting!

Edited by cam-o-flage20
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Thwibib2 said:

i need 22 platinum for icubator for kubrow AND I BOUGHT XILOPHIS SHIP  BUT NEVER GOT THE SHIP SO I WANT REFUND 50 platinum

Gratz, you revived a thread that hasn't been posted in in over a year and a half and is almost 2 and a half years old as is.

And did you go to the landing craft section of your inventory and select it?  It doesn't just automatically equip.  If it isn't there then send in a support ticket.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2014 at 1:50 AM, cam-o-flage20 said:

Well guess what?

YOU CAN! (yay)

There are now 3 official ways you can get platinum without spending any of your (or your parents) money, 2 are largely luck/RNG based (if you are surprised by this you have not been playing long enough) and the other is... well I guess more RNG in a way but more gameplay involved too.

"I want to get platinum for playing the game/completing tasks"

Method 1: TRADING

Run void missions, collect loot, sell maxed out or drop-rate-rare mods (you will have more luck with things like Rage rather than Streamline), jump into the trading chat/forums and see if anyone is looking for what you have!

This may not be instant cash, but it's enough to buy you a few more warframe/weapon slots and by far the easiest way to make money.

Here is a good site to check prices of items you want to buy/sell - http://wftrading.net/

"They should put platinum in the login rewards"

Method 2: They did

This is pure luck and doesn't give out much, but it is there.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239185-luckiest-day-of-my-warframe-career-since-pre-u4/

"I can't think of a quote for this one so I'll pretend someone said this"

Method 3: Giveaways

Possibly the biggest payout you can get, but hard to hit.

Note: Platinum earnt this way is unable to be traded and can only be used in the market. (Thanks GNAAHH)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132826-trading-guidefaq/ 

There are 3 sub categories here.

1. Dev-streams: Every Dev-stream and Prime Time on twitch Rebecca does a roll of the die and one lucky winner gets 1000 Platinum, they do this a ~3-4 times per stream. (thanks ReiganCross for confirming)

2. Competitions: DE likes to hold community events every now and then to see what we are all capable of. Stretching from pumpkin carving all the way to short stories and poems.

3. Twitter: Every now and then DE will post a key for 1000 platinum with the missing letter hidden told in a very simple question. You have to be fast on this one, but it is possible to win."lkl

Additional ways to earn Platinum: (by Tulzscha)

Method 4: Community Competitions

Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - "I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards." -Tulzscha

Method 5: Clan Prizes
Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

---------

So, there are multiple ways to acquire free platinum, and if you want more, there are always coupons in the login rewards (I have received the 50% off a few times in the near year I have been playing, still yet to see a 75%)

Given how this is the main income for DE, I think it is quite generous.

I hope this helped, and good hunting!

I think the initial 50 platinum is a way too small for starting the game. u can buy only two gold/blue potatoes and thats it.. And then u stuck with ur mk-1 gear till u can farm relics/fissures.

I understand developers want new players spend real money on the game as soon as possible. Im o with that. I just wish the initial amount was 100. so that we coudl at least equip ourselfs and enjoy the game while farming. rather that struggle

my plat speel on ps4 when the beggars show up....

plat 101 - farm prime parts or syndicate items to sell to other players, watch live DE twitch streams fir a chance to win or grab mommy/daddy's credit card and become a wallet warrior.

sadly have only recvd 3 flaming hate salt pm's in game from either a friend/sibbling that someone followed that last part and was either grounded or lost ps4 altogether (parents took it to gamestop & traded it in and sold ingame credit off to someone else)   i'm using their tears as lube for my frames =)

I think you have a higher chance of getting it to land if you haven't logged in, in a while. Or your new. Cause somehow I got over 200 plat, a 3day affinty booster, a coupon, a 3 day credit boost etc unless that was a gift from the lotus or something ink but I remember getting it from login lol

Im sorry for misinformation. RNG  is RNG so pray. The reason I had 200p at start was only because Im on PS4. They give everyone 50p free no matter what. Well you know how Sony like their exclusives? The PS+ booster gave an absurdly generous amount of platinum as an exclusivity bonus to ps4 users. So yea! Makes a lot more sense.