Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Earn Free Platinum![Guide]

Mirriky

Question

Well guess what?

YOU CAN! (yay)

There are now 3 official ways you can get platinum without spending any of your (or your parents) money, 2 are largely luck/RNG based (if you are surprised by this you have not been playing long enough) and the other is... well I guess more RNG in a way but more gameplay involved too.

"I want to get platinum for playing the game/completing tasks"

Method 1: TRADING

Run void missions, collect loot, sell maxed out or drop-rate-rare mods (you will have more luck with things like Rage rather than Streamline), jump into the trading chat/forums and see if anyone is looking for what you have!

This may not be instant cash, but it's enough to buy you a few more warframe/weapon slots and by far the easiest way to make money.

Here is a good site to check prices of items you want to buy/sell - http://wftrading.net/

"They should put platinum in the login rewards"

Method 2: They did

This is pure luck and doesn't give out much, but it is there.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/239185-luckiest-day-of-my-warframe-career-since-pre-u4/

"I can't think of a quote for this one so I'll pretend someone said this"

Method 3: Giveaways

Possibly the biggest payout you can get, but hard to hit.

Note: Platinum earnt this way is unable to be traded and can only be used in the market. (Thanks GNAAHH)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132826-trading-guidefaq/ 

5) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".

There are 3 sub categories here.

1. Dev-streams: Every Dev-stream and Prime Time on twitch Rebecca does a roll of the die and one lucky winner gets 1000 Platinum, they do this a ~3-4 times per stream. (thanks ReiganCross for confirming)

2. Competitions: DE likes to hold community events every now and then to see what we are all capable of. Stretching from pumpkin carving all the way to short stories and poems.

3. Twitter: Every now and then DE will post a key for 1000 platinum with the missing letter hidden told in a very simple question. You have to be fast on this one, but it is possible to win.

Additional ways to earn Platinum: (by Tulzscha)

Method 4: Community Competitions

Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - "I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards." -Tulzscha

Method 5: Clan Prizes
Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

---------

So, there are multiple ways to acquire free platinum, and if you want more, there are always coupons in the login rewards (I have received the 50% off a few times in the near year I have been playing, still yet to see a 75%)

Given how this is the main income for DE, I think it is quite generous.

I hope this helped, and good hunting!

Edited by cam-o-flage20
  • Like 1

You seem to have hit everything right on the nose, good job. Pity people still want money because they play videogames. As if the company owes them money because ... they played the company's... game... The stupidity in that idea is overwhelming.

Not only that, they start you off with platinum.

It happens on Prime Time. And it's always 3-4 per times they go to Twitch. (I believe they do this so they have a heavy Twitch traffic, so the more people shows up, more Plat Prizes. But that's just a theory.)

Updated, also a valid marketing tactic.

Just in case you guys didn't know, there is one caveat from winning plat from giveaways: you can't use that plat to buy stuff in trading:

5) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, promotions, etc) will not be eligible for trade. Platinum that you obtain through trading is considered "purchased".

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132826-trading-guidefaq/

[...]

There are now 4  main ways [...]

"I want to get platinum for playing the game/completing tasks"

Method 1: TRADING

[-info-]

"They should put platinum in the login rewards"

Method 2: They did

[-info-]

"I can't think of a quote for this one so I'll pretend someone said this"

[-info-]

u wot m8?

Good guide! There are also two other methods that I know of:

Method 4: Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards.

Method 5: Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

Good guide! There are also two other methods that I know of:

Method 4: Joining fan-sponsored contests in the Fan Zone subforum - I've seen a lot of those that give substantial platinum rewards.

Method 5: Being in an active clan that has contests for platinum prizes

Thanks for the feedback!

I will add those two as 'additional'

Edited by cam-o-flage20

They removed free plat on login reward 50% coupon at least a couple of weeks ago. Might have been gone even longer.

I have received two 50% off coupons without platin rewards now. I used to get 30 free plat.

Which is really disappointing since I only use the plat for weapon and warframe slots. Which should not cost real money in a good free2play game.

For 99.9% of you players, the remaining options for free plat will not work for you. You might as well look for winning lottery tickets in the lost and found section at the mall.

Edited by Frendh

They removed free plat on login reward 50% coupon at least a couple of weeks ago. Might have been gone even longer.

I have received two 50% off coupons without platin rewards now. I used to get 30 free plat.

I have received many 50% offs but never any free platinum, these are two different rewards. Although I haven't seen it flash past in a while I haven't exactly been paying attention.

I will need more confirmation on this before removing it from the guide, however noted.