The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Janus Key

Etsoree

After looking up some info on the new Vor, and having fought him twice now ( haven't done any T4 missions 'till today ), I noticed something with past trailers and recent trailers.

In 'The Call,' he did not have the Janus Key.

He did not have the Janus Key in the Xbox One trailer, either.

In both cases since he didn't have it, his Key he DID have, or something else, was empowering him to stay alive.

Now when we fight him in the Void, he has the new Janus key, even though his chestplate has not been completely modified to fit it in ( possibly an oversight ).

Where does everyone think he got it? What does it do? Theories, theories.

After looking up some info on the new Vor, and having fought him twice now ( haven't done any T4 missions 'till today ), I noticed something with past trailers and recent trailers.

He did not have the Janus Key in the Xbox One trailer, either.

In both cases since he didn't have it, his Key he DID have, or something else, was empowering him to stay alive.

Now when we fight him in the Void, he has the new Janus key, even though his chestplate has not been completely modified to fit it in ( possibly an oversight ).

Where does everyone think he got it? What does it do? Theories, theories.

"In ancient Roman religion and mythJanus (LatinIanuspronounced [ˈiaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings and transitions,[1] and thereby of gates, doors, passages, endings and time. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. The Romans named the month of January (Ianuarius) in his honor."

Maybe he got it.... From space god?

He had it in the Xbox One trailer. The Janus Key is his Void key, which grants him immortality and unique powers. My theory is that the Oracles of Saturn (new faction hinted in one of the devstreams) are Captain Vor's splinter faction of the Grineer, worshipping the Orokin and their powerful technology, such as Captain Vor's prized Janus Key. U14 will introduce Vor's Prize, so all we do is wait.

It's been noted that his key apparently is much more cool than our keys. Although, I question why the orokins didn't use it to keep themselves alive.

That being said, he's always had the key, so far as I'm aware. I'm not quite sure what makes you believe otherwise.

He had it in the Xbox One trailer. The Janus Key is his Void key, which grants him immortality and unique powers. My theory is that the Oracles of Saturn (new faction hinted in one of the devstreams) are Captain Vor's splinter faction of the Grineer, worshipping the Orokin and their powerful technology, such as Captain Vor's prized Janus Key. U14 will introduce Vor's Prize, so all we do is wait.

Very interesting theory. And just for context, the last time the Oracles of Saturn were mentioned was indeed in Devstream #22, so this could turn out to be a very real possibility. 

"In ancient Roman religion and mythJanus (LatinIanuspronounced [ˈiaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings and transitions,[1] and thereby of gates, doors, passages, endings and time. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. The Romans named the month of January (Ianuarius) in his honor."

Maybe he got it.... From space god?

Oh, that's what it says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus

Pretty much what I was going to post.  

Edited by Noamuth

Methinks Cap'n Vor was visiting one of Sargas Ruk's many artifiact looting operations and picked up the Janus key, possibly shooting several of Ruk's associates along the way.

Also anyone find it awesome he says 'Yanus' instead of 'Janus' ?

It's the key to his hat room.

Yes, Vor has enough hats to make up a hat room.

Don't be jealous.

I was under the impression that he'd always had his "Janus" key, he just never spoke of it by name until just recently.

But I can't help to be more proud of him for his hat room.

i find it kind of hilarious that SMITE adds Janus as their new god ingame

and boom Warframe now has Vor talking about his Janus key

kinda wish the creative arts world wasn't SOOO derivative of each other all the time, hard to find unique designs/ideas =[

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

i find it kind of hilarious that SMITE adds Janus as their new god ingame

and boom Warframe now has Vor talking about his Janus key

kinda wish the creative arts world wasn't SOOO derivative of each other all the time, hard to find unique designs/ideas =[

Woah! That's crazy!

So....

Two groups...

Independently....

Both came up with...

"Use the name of a highly-recognizable grecoroman god as the name for something"....

...when both have been using the highly-recognizable names of grecoroman gods for years?

NO WAY! TOTAL CONSPIRACY!

EDIT: Bonus: As the key has been around in warframe quite some time, and the process of creating content, scripting lines for content, then recording lines for content, then releasing said content, takes many months, you can either assume either SMITE(who has... many multitudes of grecoroman gods) stole the idea of "let's add a janus reference", or that both had their own reasons for thinking about it.

Edited by Llyssa

Methinks Cap'n Vor was visiting one of Sargas Ruk's many artifiact looting operations and picked up the Janus key, possibly shooting several of Ruk's associates along the way.

Also anyone find it awesome he says 'Yanus' instead of 'Janus' ?

Is that how it'd be pronounced in Latin?

Woah! That's crazy!

So....

Two groups...

Independently....

Both came up with...

"Use the name of a highly-recognizable grecoroman god as the name for something"....

...when both have been using the highly-recognizable names of grecoroman gods for years?

NO WAY! TOTAL CONSPIRACY!

EDIT: Bonus: As the key has been around in warframe quite some time, and the process of creating content, scripting lines for content, then recording lines for content, then releasing said content, takes many months, you can either assume either SMITE(who has... many multitudes of grecoroman gods) stole the idea of "let's add a janus reference", or that both had their own reasons for thinking about it.

relax killer, i didnt say they stole it or claim a conspiracy, i merely commented on the coincidence and derivative nature of the creative arts

ffs, ppl need to stop talking everything so personally

sidenote, you have no idea if they were independent or not, nor did i claim such

relax killer, i didnt say they stole it or claim a conspiracy, i merely commented on the coincidence and derivative nature of the creative arts

ffs, ppl need to stop talking everything so personally

sidenote, you have no idea if they were independent or not, nor did i claim such

Warframe has been using names from Mythology for the entire time it's been out and Janus in piles of video games.  It's most likely a very safe assumption that DE's decision had nothing to do with SMITE and vice versa.

Took me a while to work out what the OP meant. So just for people like me I'll post pictures:

Void Vor "Janus" Key vs Normal Vor with "Normal" Key

vor_key.jpg

The "Janus" Key has two "tails" and this _is_ new

Edited by SilentMobius

Took me a while to work out what the OP meant. So just for people like me I'll post pictures:

Void Vor "Janus" Key vs Normal Vor with "Normal" Key

vor_key.jpg

The "Janus" Key has two "tails" and this _is_ new

Interesting. However, it may have moveable parts.