Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If A Grineer Is Spawned And No One Is Ther To See It, Does It Move?

VioDuskar

So, I was just playing a T1S with my clan to get a loki chassis. I like to sit on LS capsules as a puddle (hydroid) while i do this, and  my fellow clanmates went far far away to camp other LS caps.

I noticed that after a while the mobs (corrupted) stopped moving entirely.

They did not simply hide and jive in place. They stopped mid stride/ walk and just froze.

I would take a screen shot, but it wouldn't prove anything. I was panning the camera around and didn't see anything moving, besides ambient water.

Once I came out of my puddle, moBs picked up on me being there and began to move again.

inb4 OP is a troll not helping the team.

edit: fixed grammar

edit2: grammar nazi'd all over the post to make it proper english

Edited by VioDuskar

so I was just playing a T1S with my clan to get a loki chassis and I like to sit on LS capsules as a puddle (hydroid) while i did this (10minutes straight BTW) my fellow clanmates when far away to camp other LS caps.

I noticed that after a while the mobs (corrupted) stopped moving entirely.

they did not simply hide and jive in place. they stopped mid strike/ walk and just froze.

I would take a screen shot, but it wouldnt prove anything. i was panning the camera and didnt see anything moving. besides ambient water.

once i came out of my puddle mobs picked up on me being there and moved again.

inb4 OP is a troll not helping the team.

edit: fixed grammar

Fixed your spelling in case of mis-communication. I think the AI works that, if there is no threat in the area, they won't react. From your description your team-mates are miles away, so they won't react to them, and AI remains on standby till there is a 'Enemy Detection'.

Well, I know that normal Grineer and Corpus randomly patrol the area.

For corrupted it seems more normal that they'd just stand idle; they're under the influence/control of the Tower Sentry--an entity which more or less controls the defenses of the Void Towers.

When no threat is detected it sort of 'deactivates' defenses. It doesn't really have the need to patrol because it has all of the units under its control telepathically linked. When one detects an enemy they all detect the enemy.

Kinda lesser example is when you do invasions and you fly in undetected into a room full of corpus and grineer and they are just chilling together like there's no war going on between those two factions

Edited by WhisperByte

they're under the influence/control of the Tower Sentry--an entity which more or less controls the defenses of the Void Towers.

When one detects an enemy they all detect the enemy.

Following this, if the Neural Sentry controls all traps and Corrupted units in the towers, then you'd think it'd throw all it has at us Tenno.

The way you described it, the Sentry is connected to each and every unit in the tower. The Sentry is all knowing of what is going on in the tower. So as soon as one unit is alerted of our presence, all units are alerted(through the Sentry). Uh, yeah.

P.S. We're getting waaay into this post btw.

P.P.S. Vio, you kept us breathing. Thanks for that.(lazy)

I've experienced what you've experience OP. What I found interesting was some of the AI behaviors on a mobile defense one day. For the most part, ranged units like Grineer and Corpus, or at least the ones with guns, only need to get within a decent range before attacking a defense objective. Well duh, that's normal. What I've noticed is that some or all of the melee units, even when a defense objective is active, will sometimes hold their position just outside of a Hydroid puddle that is surrounding the objective. Their behavior seems to mimic that of what is experienced when remaining in puddle form for long periods of time in Survivals when teammates aren't around, even in high traffic hallways and what not. The units will often stop just short of falling into the puddle as if they are purposefully trying to avoid it. Whether this AI behavior is working as intended is hard to tell.

Kinda lesser example is when you do invasions and you fly in undetected into a room full of corpus and grineer and they are just chilling together like there's no war going on between those two factions

This is the best.

They're just putting on a show for the Tenno, really.

The units will often stop just short of falling into the puddle as if they are purposefully trying to avoid it. Whether this AI behavior is working as intended is hard to tell.

sidenote, this really pisses me off that they're this smart.