Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50% Off Reward And 33% Added?

wisbin

Thanks for the daily reward, 50% off my next purchase.

2100 platinum for only $44 is a nice reward.

BUT why do i pay €45 in the steam shop???  That is not the market rate, that is stealing 33% back for no reason at all.

1US$=0.73 EURO so paying €45 is actually more then $60 !!! Who gets the extra $16?

And more importantly why don't I get 50% off when you say "50% off your next purchase".

Please fix this or make a message: "50% off your next purchase, IF you live in the USA"

Thanks again for the reward, but if this is normal practice, it will be my last purchase for this game.

Doesn't steam have a tax, I know if you buy something like the phased Asa syanda off steam then there is so that might be where the extra markup came from. Would make sense imo since that way steam still earns money. And like previous posts have said buy from the website not steam and it should fix your problems.

Then buy them on this website instead of steam. Don't blame DE if steam is doing it.

I'm pretty sure the discount only applies to Platinum purchases made via the Warframe website. :|

Doesn't steam have a tax, I know if you buy something like the phased Asa syanda off steam then there is so that might be where the extra markup came from. Would make sense imo since that way steam still earns money. And like previous posts have said buy from the website not steam and it should fix your problems.

I feel there's some confusion here.

If I click on platinum purchase from n-game, it will open the Steam Overlay browser. Then I can select what I want to purchase, bringing me to the steam purchase screen. Even so, the platinum discount is applied. Tax is also set to 0, or already included, in the final purchase (I got 50% discount, so the 1k platinum purchase costs 24.99$ in the website; on steam it's exactly 25$)

Therefore what you three are saying doesn't seem to apply here. I'm paying in USD so there's no issue on my side. However, TC seems to have to pay "extra" in Euro.

Edited by Casardis

No, when i click the "50% off" button ingame, I get redirected to this warframe website/store with the $dollar prices, when i click on that $44-link i get redirected to the steam store and wallet for €uro prices. That is not good in my book.

Are you saying DE has nothing to do with this? Then they should ask Steam to stop the dollar-euro scam, because it will hurt them eventually.

When i offer you a discount of 50% and I know you will pay 67% in the end, them somebody is getting extra money while somebody else is not getting 50% off. I dont see how you can be ignorant about this.

Anyway, I think it is just a trick to get more money, I dont blame DE or Steam, I blame capitalism.

If I click on platinum purchase from n-game, it will open the Steam Overlay browser. Then I can select what I want to purchase, bringing me to the steam purchase screen. Even so, the platinum discount is applied, and therefore what you two are saying doesn't apply here.

I'm paying in USD so there's no issue on my side. However, TC seems to have to pay "extra" in Euro.

Definitely this. I'm assuming they just used the same numbers for the prices and didn't actually look at the exchange rate. It's not a matter of either party adding extra fees per say, just neither party doing the math to give fair prices. Unfortunately, as Terrorist939 stated, it's not just platinum that has unfair pricing due to a lack of math.

No, when i click the "50% off" button ingame, I get redirected to this warframe website/store with the $dollar prices, when i click on that $44-link i get redirected to the steam store and wallet for €uro prices. That is not good in my book.

Are you saying DE has nothing to do with this? Then they should ask Steam to stop the dollar-euro scam, because it will hurt them eventually.

When i offer you a discount of 50% and I know you will pay 67% in the end, them somebody is getting extra money while somebody else is not getting 50% off. I dont see how you can be ignorant about this.

Anyway, I think it is just a trick to get more money, I dont blame DE or Steam, I blame capitalism.

Instead of clicking on the steam option try credit card.

Its the same everywhere. Noone cares for the actual Exchange Rate. Most times it is 1$=1€. Its sad but well that is how things are. But i agree showing people in Europe the Dollar Prizes and then redirect them to the Euro prizes which are exactly the same is not good. It feels like we are beeing punished for living in Europe. I would love it if the actual exchange rate would be taken into consideration (or atleast a bit) and not that 1$=1€ Crap.

Edited by Evers

If I click on platinum purchase from n-game, it will open the Steam Overlay browser. Then I can select what I want to purchase, bringing me to the steam purchase screen. Even so, the platinum discount is applied. Tax is also set to 0, or already included, in the final purchase (I got 50% discount, so the 1k platinum purchase costs 24.99$ in the website; on steam it's exactly 25$)

Therefore what you three are saying doesn't seem to apply here. I'm paying in USD so there's no issue on my side. However, TC seems to have to pay "extra" in Euro.

Well, I don't know. Not sure why anyone would want to use Steam. I don't really see any upside to using it, versus the retail version. It's always given me hassle, so I don't bother with it. :P

If the Platinum discount works with Steam, then it's probably as you said. Still, what's wrong with just paying for it on the main website? I really don't get it. :u Do purchases made on the website not transfer to the Steam version of Warframe or what?