Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T-Shirt Design Contest- Poll

[DE]Megan

T-Shirt Design Poll!  

3,893 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're in EDT (east coast US/Canada) then you're in the same timezone as DE. They don't usually get to work until around 9 AM.

Rest assured I'll try to get in touch with Megan about it when she's around and has time to look over it.

I'm GMT+1 (Denmark), but world time buddy told me they'd be just about to wake up at the time I posted.

Holy... censure. Out of all the concepts... YOU'VE PICKED THESE?! I am no designer, but do you even know what a T-Shirt IS?! True, some prefer to wear T-shirts that clearly point out boobs or something below or whatever other crude humor they can have. But what a true T-shirt is - is what shows the speciality, the glory of WARFRAME, all the while being so solid that it wouldn't be embarrassing to go in public.
1,2,5,6,7,8 - who the censure would wear this? Why? What for? T-shirt isn't a GIF to giggle at...
3,9 - fair design, but how is it related to Warframe? With merely some... Corpus or Grineer language? Who, beside nerdiest warframe fans, would ever recognize it? How is it different from a random cheap shop mash-up?
10 - oh the epitome of silliness. Funny, full of warframe-nerd jokes. Good for wallpaper or some... gaming or comic cons. But for everything else... Not serious, not understandable to a bystander. Solid design, but as I said - not for a T-shirt.

The 4, the Grustrag Three - now that's a concept. The design, the placement of words, font... It's not that great, it's also rather reminiscent of some cheap mash-up, but at least it's understandable, it's clearly about Warframe - and it looks cool. Not silly, not nerdy. Cool, in any perspective.
There were much better concepts, so even G3 could use a little work - like possibly converting some phrases in grineer language or adding some colour, but of the 10 - it's a hands down superior.

Gosh... How in the bloody solar system did the stalker(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245665-new-t-shirt-design-contest/?p=2855751) not even make it... One of the coolest, most subtle, yet vicious and visual designs... and it's gone...
Well... one word: Community.
Best wishes, not buyin.

Edited by Wrathinside

For more clarity, some players feel that submission #9(turbinea) does not follow the "One Submission Per User" Rule stated in the submission thread. Although in theory this is true, we also want players to vote for the overall design of the entries. For example, turbinea's would be considered a 'propaganda style' T-Shirt.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further!

It isn't a wraparound. Wraparound means that it's a design that starts on the front and continues onto the back (it wraps around from the front to the back). When you take a shirt and lay it down flat, that 2-Dimensional "front" is what is being displayed here. But when you wear the shirt, you deform the front and the 2-D edge of the front actually moves to your sides.

Doesn't void the fact that it's not original art, it's basically a copy paste.  I thought the submissions were suppose to be original.  It seems like this was purely chosen b/c it was a PStation submission and they wanted to include one from that player group.  There were infinitely more amazing and original designs on the T-Shirt design thread that never made it to this poll.  However, I also understand that DE has a company to run, so choosing these shirt took into account how to satiate the mob.  I just wish they could have found one with more originality as was shown in the oodles of submissions.  

@Wraithinside:  

Who, beside nerdiest warframe fans, would ever recognize it? How is it different from a random cheap shop mash-up?

To defend some of these submission I'd like to point out that people aren't going to recognize these as shirts indicative of Warframe.  It is purely a fan base concept, that goes for all of these submissions.  I believe this was a community based contest, so making t-shirts for the whole world to enjoy wasn't really the motivation behind it.  Though, it may start up a conversation!  :D 

Edited by Erelas

Honestly the only shirt I would wear out of these finalists is #3 (Drakkis_Tax) or maybe #9 (turbinea). But I suppose seeing the style of most of the ones picked, they wouldn't be aimed at me to begin with.

I really do feel though that it is a little unfortunate some of the more amazing artwork didn't get picked.

Edit: I should probably say that they all have better art and design than I myself could create. Well done everyone.

Edited by Silraed

For more clarity, some players feel that submission #9(turbinea) does not follow the "One Submission Per User" Rule stated in the submission thread. Although in theory this is true, we also want players to vote for the overall design of the entries. For example, turbinea's would be considered a 'propaganda style' T-Shirt.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further!

Excuse me but this doesn't make any sense. If the rule is "one design" then everyone doing more than one design is automatically disqualified, it doesn't matter if is the best design you've ever seen or if you like the overall concept. You have made the rules and you have responsibilities toward all the people who have decided to spend their time working on this. Changing the rules after the "match" is over is a plain wrong behavior toward your fanbase. 

#10 is amazing but..

Marshmallow, not marshmellow :)

Fixed that on page 3, I believe. Not to worry.

good lord. the winner is gonna be such a disappointing t-shirt. and its supposed to be Vor's Greedy Milk, not Ruk.

Well, in game canon. Sargas Ruk is quoted saying "We will crush the Greedy Milk from their skulls" referring to the Corpus. So if he were a farmer, he would be milking Corpus heads....mother of God. I know the devs might've said differently at the creation of the phrase, but I just felt the game's canon imagery was funnier. :D

Edited by ZeroJackdaw