Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T-Shirt Design Contest- Poll

[DE]Megan

T-Shirt Design Poll!  

3,893 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This contest is going to be depicted on 2 things. Whether you want the Warframe shirt to be serious or not. If you want that silly immature, meme, joke, funny type warframe shirt, then you might pick the cereal design one. If your looking for a more serious approach in T shirt design , then you might pick the 3rd one or the 9th one as your favorite.

This contest is going to be depicted on 2 things. Whether you want the Warframe shirt to be serious or not. If you want that silly immature, meme, joke, funny type warframe shirt, then you might pick the cereal design one. If your looking for a more serious approach in T shirt design , then you might pick the 3rd one or the 9th one as your favorite.

I think 8 was better.

*snips*

The merch store targets the warframe playerbase. Considering that there are a lot of less well done, and more silly, and even incomprehensible designs on t-shirts out in the world, I think #10 is a great thing. It has enough eyecandy that someone wants to look closer at the shirt. Not every design has this. 

In addition to that, not every clothing merchandise is designed and meant to be a cost-free ad for your product.

So just in terms of design, this thing is well done, at every aspect imaginable, even aside from the inside jokes. It deserves to win. I dare everyone telling me why they wouldn't like to wear this in public.

And I'm actually glad none of the "keep calm" and all the "stalker" submissions made it in, because both are horribly overused and worn out. Though I have to admit, I liked none of the Stalker t-shirts myself, there just wasn't enough creativity nor originality. Just the usual blah that we already know from him.

None of my favorites made it to the finals :( . I was really hoping for that sweatshirt with the corpus stuff, that one with black-and-white Nyx (with "tenno" in Grineer lettering), or the "Motherf*cking Space Ninjas with Magic" one. Of these, I think I'm gonna have to go with number five. I just love the corpus too much...

Most of them were pretty terrible, and overused the Keep Calm meme. On the bright side, #10 is pretty hilarious, and packed full of jokes!

Exactly. My post in the submission thread about the ignorant fools who made shirts that said Master Race on them like it was something someone should be wearing covered that, but was of course deleted since it wasn't a "contest submission," even though it was very serious feedback. Plus, none of the ones I liked from the thread made it here, so I'm just gonna do what everyone else does in that situation and vote for the most ridiculous thing available. Best of luck #10!

VOTE FOR 9!!! :) I would REALLY LOVE to have that shirt!!!! Are all top 3 winners shirts going to be in the shop or just the #1 winner?

Ide love ot have 9 or 10 as a shirt haha can't wait til the winner so i can bag it up!

damn i hope #9 wins, love that design!!!! ALL of these are forking amazing, way to go artist!!

#9 is against the rules

and its a shame for [DE]Connor to put it on the poll and the same for [DE]Megan to post a poll wich is against her own rules als posted here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245665-new-t-shirt-design-contest/?p=2854889

the rules clearly say:

One submission per user

T-shirt design MUST be your original work

You can use images from our Fansite Kit

Submission must be for the front of the T-shirt (no wrap around/back designs)

Design must be Warframe related and appropriate in nature

#9 is clearly against the rules

this are 2 shirts and not 1 and even if u say "lets put it on the back" its still against the rules

the only acceptable ecxuse would be to restart the poll with 10 valid submissions

because of #9 one awsome shirt submissin cant have chance to win wich is clearly unfair

and letting an invalid submission enter a poll makes DE highly impausible

For more clarity, some players feel that submission #9(turbinea) does not follow the "One Submission Per User" Rule stated in the submission thread. Although in theory this is true, we also want players to vote for the overall design of the entries. For example, turbinea's would be considered a 'propaganda style' T-Shirt.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further!

what this post realy says is:

"our rules are S#&$ we just put them accidentally in there, so feel free to ignore them now and in future"

srsly how can ANYONE trust a Community Coordinator and forum Administrator wich is not able to follow her own rules?

Wake up Tennos

DE is about to become non reliable and false if this continues

since now i had an unbelivable high amount of respect for all DE Staff members

but now?

instead of just apologize for a fault making it worse is inadmissible

i realy hope something will change and fast

Edited by Weidro

With all due respects, here is what is in my mind during my brainstorm and design process.

A little background first.

I used to love this game. Now I like it, mainly due to the grind and me having a full-time job, and I mean FULL-time.

I'm an art director in advertising, so most of the time I'm thinking of how to make things better and more appealing for more people.

Basically expand the audience base.

To me, this contest has, or rather, had, two possible outcomes:

1:

T-shirts designs that the player base would wear, to make them feel like a part of the community.

Making the player base tighter and be proud of what warframe is.

What does this do for Warframe in general?

Not much really, just players wearing t-shirts at home and feeling great.

In Public, people would look, ask and be like,'Ah.....okay.'

It doesn't make others want to be part of Warframe.

No 'cool' factor.

2:

T-shirts that players wear and feel proud, at home AND in public.

All of the pros of the above, and none of the cons.

This direction would make others non-players want to be in it.

Even people who don't play this game want to buy this t-shirt.

Well, I went with the second direction.

Not sure DE's criteria were and how choices were made.

Got me thinking...good marketing or bad marketing? 

Have a nice day.

PS don't even get me started on the against-the-rules part...

Edited by marcng

I can't believe mine wasn't even on the Top 10 and I designed a Prime shirt. I followed every rule possible for the pole too and I was afraid of losing from breaking the rules. I'm just lost of whether or not we should be following the rules or just designing good content. The people who broke the rules actually won and I'm just saying some of them if not most. I just posted the front of the shirt because the rules stated that you can't post the backside of the shirt. But here is my post again which I think was worthy of winning. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245665-new-t-shirt-design-contest/page-11#entry2867251

2m4yaf7.png

Edited by LethalTransformer

I'm honestly surprised that none of my favorites made it in the polls. I seriously thought that at least one of the Stalker themed shirts would make it in, especially since a submission clearly against the rules (lookin at you entry #9) made the top 10.  Seeing that i'm kinda disappointed in the selections here I'm just gonna vote for the one full of Warframe jokes and memes, then hope that it comes out on top.