Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback For Infested Sabotage

-CdG-Obtenebris

I just want to say that while I'm still sore about last week's update, this event was worth waiting for. The new tileset is gorgeous, the ambient sounds and music give it the horrifying feel I've always felt the Infested SHOULD have but never did, and the mission itself is rather entertaining. I can see myself continuing to play this mission even after I've gotten all the event rewards. 

My only two complaints about the mission are as follows: A) Friendship doors sort of ruin the "Hey gang, lets split up" aka Scooby Doo strategy and B)It'd be nice if sometimes I didn't have to use my scanner to find the last elusive Tumor protecting a Hive.

Otherwise, well done. The extra threats/environmental changes killing Hives adds in is fun and interesting, and the new SFX for the Infested, along with the hordes that come as you kill Tumors and Hives is a blast. I actually find myself fearing the Infested again because of how they sound and move now.

Personally I found it to be absurdly too easy... a playing profile rank 0 using starter gear could beat this event no problem... some of the effects might make it slightly harder, like magnetic, but for the most part, no real threat from any of them, the laser traps actually end up helping you, but I think they should be heat, radiation, or something fire based, electric doesn't really make sense for a laser which BURNS through a target... yes they come from a biological source based on the texture of their source, but it just doesn't feel right with them being redish orange and doing electrical damage and proc. Also, I've seen a lot of little nooks and crannies in the map that would make great spots for the tumors to spawn, but they almost always spawn in a cluster together or in places where it's way too obvious... Personally I'd love to see this mission type become apart of the game, but not until it's actually fixed... tbh though unless a new mission cluster is added or it's added to Derelicts, it wouldn't really fit in anywhere... personally I'd love to see a new cluster added in that is perm infested instead of them only being able to invade :s also, this even has become a pain(I know a little off topic) because if a host leaves, it screws everyone else's score up big time... I had a team pulling about 20+ and it dropped to about 12 after host left and we had just killed all of the hives... hell, the effects from the hives turned off when host left so it made it even easier, this new host system while nice to continue if host leaves, ruins the game, needs a carry over system in place...(once again I know that went off topic but it's also going to effect this mission type just like it does every other one thus far...)

I suppose in a way it can be too easy, but I still find it entertaining. I find it more entertaining than a standard Sabotage or Defense mission at the very least. 

The new mission is actually quite good, and the tileset is BY FAR the best in the game.

The new mission is actually quite good, and the tileset is BY FAR the best in the game.

I agree on both parts, but I still find it to be too easy, I watched a guy using starter gear 100% starter gear, nothing special, beat the dang thing, no special mods to make it possible, just purely crushing them with easily obtained starter mods and the basic gear... guy wasn't even profile rank 2 yet...

I agree with the issue of having to seek out the tumors...maybe they could mark the tumors, or when we've taken out 4 the game marks the 5th one for us so we don't spend the next full minute doing a scavenger hunt for it (doesn't seem long, but in the heat of the moment that minute really stretches out). Also, there should definitely be more results for killing a hive - getting the same 3 over and over (I've seen a total of 6...turrets, lasers, moon mode, ice, toxic cloud, magnet cloud) gets kinda boring, especially when its advertised as "random effects." On the note of the hives, they should also limit it to 1 "cloud" debuff max per run, beacuse having 2 sets of clouds gets quite annoying. But that's just me griping.

I agree with the issue of having to seek out the tumors...maybe they could mark the tumors, or when we've taken out 4 the game marks the 5th one for us so we don't spend the next full minute doing a scavenger hunt for it (doesn't seem long, but in the heat of the moment that minute really stretches out). Also, there should definitely be more results for killing a hive - getting the same 3 over and over (I've seen a total of 6...turrets, lasers, moon mode, ice, toxic cloud, magnet cloud) gets kinda boring, especially when its advertised as "random effects." On the note of the hives, they should also limit it to 1 "cloud" debuff max per run, beacuse having 2 sets of clouds gets quite annoying. But that's just me griping.

I haven't run the mission too much but if I remember right, DE said the mission is supposed to get harder the more you play it during the event. Maybe that's why you end up with the two cloud debuffs. At first I was only seeing lasers, moon mode, and turrets. Now I'm seeing lasers, turrets, and poison clouds all the time. I haven't yet run into ice or magnetic clouds. I assume magnetic clouds disrupt you?