Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mutalist Quanta Is Pretty Cool. -Now With Pictures Of Research!-

TylerFreeman

I'm liking it so far, it provides some interesting utility with the gas bubble launcher. its pretty useful when I can inflict radiation dmg to alloy armored units but for the time for it to disappear is a bit long, and you can only shoot up to 2 gas balls. they also have an explosive radius but is a bit unreliable due to the long time.

it comes with a D polarity for cryo rounds so you might not have to forma it that much, although I am gonna toss it away for a different one, the reload time on it is a bit....too long in my honest opinion, a 2 second reload might suffice for its longevity in crowded fights

I gotta say though, its another one of my favorites and already investing forma into.

c195208acb.jpg

0ae50ae441.jpg

Edited by TylerFreeman

Gonna start researching mine once I get home from work. Looks to be a very interesting weapon with its alt fire.

My one question though: how in the world do you hold the darn thing? The picture and video don't exactly do it justice.

Gonna start researching mine once I get home from work. Looks to be a very interesting weapon with its alt fire.

My one question though: how in the world do you hold the darn thing? The picture and video don't exactly do it justice.

it looks like some corpus jackhammer before it must've got infested but you hold it like a rifle, it does look strange I'll admit but I can ignore that.

Oh dear, another D polarity weapon.

This thing looks really strange. Need to see it in action first before I make any more judgments.

Only thing that concerns me is that Radiation isn't listed on the damage card. Is the gas bubble's damage based off your weapon damage?

Oh dear, another D polarity weapon.

This thing looks really strange. Need to see it in action first before I make any more judgments.

Only thing that concerns me is that Radiation isn't listed on the damage card. Is the gas bubble's damage based off your weapon damage?

it seems so, I've tested it with serration on and saw a bigger dmg from the bubble,

How is it even possible to already have 2 forma and lvl 26 at the time of that posting? I've done many hour long survivals with an unmodded, unranked weapon and they don't even reach lvl 15 even when I'm leeching the exp from other players still using the same weapon type after a run is over.

An hour is far as I can go before I start losing my mind over the unsung boredom that is tedious Survival.

Edited by __Kanade__

How is it even possible to already have 2 forma and lvl 26 at the time of that posting? I've done many hour long survivals with an unmodded, unranked weapon and they don't even reach lvl 15 even when I'm leeching the exp from other players still using the same weapon type after a run is over.

An hour is far as I can go before I start losing my mind over the unsung boredom that is tedious Survival.

I've actually been chilling killing numerous eximus units that give a huge amount of exp from the Breeding Grounds event.

also got another thing to clarify, when you put multishot on the Quanta, the gas bubbles can actually be used to tick off quicker, since it uses prop physics it'll tend to pop in contact with any solidarity and for some reason it clashes with itself, causing one bubble to explode quicker while leaving one behind.

also you can melee the bubbles but you can't exactly aim with them, but as far as I know, its safe to use your melee on it since the self dmg explosion is hardly lethal.

Play ball!

9db059c157.jpg

I think I'm done formaing the Quanta but heres something of interest I learned, the bubble is actually a deployable shield that you can shoot at but also use as cover, I took some screenshots to showcase it.

ff4eb5eedd.jpg

although I can't account for grineer accuracy being a mix of between good or bad but I can tell when grineer were shooting at me inside the bubble. I think you can tell from the hard to notice blue particles that the bubble is being shot at without me taking a hit.

668dc4e6b4.jpg

and heres one that blocks off a bombards rocket

c606e3b4fc.jpg

I think I can safely say that I actually would like to keep the duration of the bubbles, they're pretty good to use against ranged enemies.

Edited by TylerFreeman

Wait a second, the bubble can block shots? That...actually makes it much more interesting. Still, I donno if I wanna give up my entire ability to ADS for this.

thing is, if you were to ADS when using the shield... you wouldnt see anything.

just think of it as a shock-troop style SMG with deployable cover functionality

something else I discovered with the quanta, I have my glaive equipped and tested it on throwing it on the bubble. so far it looks like it works

the bubble right here is shown in midair and the glaive exploding on it.

ffc57bf1c9.jpg

and here the splash dmg is confirmed to go off on the bubble.

e639e6d410.jpg

Edited by TylerFreeman

by god, I think I've discovered something else besides utilities, this thing is actually....a crit weapon,

by using phorid as a test dummy, I can confirm this is true.

tumblr_n7ca4onz9Z1t2frlgo1_1403052360_co

shooting through the bubble DOES increase your crit chance.

through here you'll see a list of screenshots bundled into a spoiler, so large warning here if it lags your pc.

ecaa1fd30c.jpgf460ada51e.jpg39b8af209c.jpgdca6bf2a01.jpgda7f5d8fb0.jpg45e638bee0.jpg

btw heres Build B for the crit build.

42e60d4170.jpg

Edited by TylerFreeman

by god, I think I've discovered something else besides utilities, this thing is actually....a crit weapon,

by using phorid as a test dummy, I can confirm this is true.

tumblr_n7ca4onz9Z1t2frlgo1_1403052360_co

shooting through the bubble DOES increase your crit chance.

through here you'll see a list of screenshots bundled into a spoiler, so large warning here if it lags your pc.

ecaa1fd30c.jpgf460ada51e.jpg39b8af209c.jpgdca6bf2a01.jpgda7f5d8fb0.jpg45e638bee0.jpg

Thank you so much for this evidence.  This weapon has a lot of secrets :)  With the crit damage multiplier only at 1.5 rather than 2 though it seems like an odd bit of functionality.

Edited by Lunamaniac

They could at least make a skin for it ..... it looks awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if it had 55 primary damage and 500 secondary .... I wouldn't take that weapon with me in a mission.

I look like a construction worker instead of a future warrior.