Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well De, You Gonna Fix Frost Soon™?

XxMAGGOTxX

I was hoping maybe something would be done about his lackluster offensive abilities this update, but apparently not. Are we going to have one the next update? Man, I'm really hoping so. Instead of practically tossing stuff at us by the truck-load, maybe there should be some revisions going on? Frost's offensive is almost as bad as Nekros in general...

He's okay for damage, but where's his utility? His damage can't go past level 35, without a maxed Blind Rage whilst everything else is. I've Forma'd him 4-5 times and everything is maxed on him. However, Oberon can do better than Frost. Way better. S#&$ Nekros has more utility than Frost. Frost is just a bubble factory (yes I'm quoting that thread) and he will remain so until DE gives him some utility. He needs CC. He's ice.

Frost has CC and utility.  The problem with Frost is that his 1 is too clunky to use while his 4 is a straight nuke with a poor animation.  2 has a respectable CC component but is useless for damage since his 4 hits more enemies and does more damage.

1 should be like Ember's 1 (faster projectile speed, wider projectile, one-handed casting) but with a smaller AOE. 

2 should have the damage component removed and an additional (CC?) component added OR should have its damage buffed and be the main damage skill while 4 is changed to focus on CC.

3 is fine as is; the only change I would like is for Frost's armor to affect its HP the same way it affects Frost's HP instead of just adding a paltry amount of extra hit points.

4 should have its animation changed so that it is safe for Frost to cast and have a secondary damage component OR should do token amounts of damage (possibly over an extended period to give it good damage potential over time) with a greatly expanded CC role, depending on what is done with 2.

His 4 can't nuke a single thing if the enemies are past level 35. At that point, I have to rely on my Soma/Boltor Prime. I'm running max power build without a maxed Blind Rage, because I don't see the point in having his ultimate cost more than half his energy pool. He has no nuking power. Nova has nuking power. Ember has nuking power. Hell, Ash has more nuking power than Frost. 500 more to be exact, and yet people complain about his ultimate. No two ways about it, he needs CC.

There's no reason to make him overpowered, I don't want that. I want his offensive abilities buffed a little bit by having a truck load of CC thrown in there. Prior to the Frost revision, I saw people saying something along the lines of, "No, his offensive abilities are good, I can nuke a room full of level 67's with him." Rhino has almost half the damage of Avalanche, but why is it 4 times more valuable? Because it has utility. Frost's globe is great, however T4 shreds through it in a matter of seconds. However, to be able to fall back on a CC Avalanche would definitely help.

Frost isn't getting the proper love from DE. People insist that he's good where he is, but he isn't. He really isn't. Not to mention, there's no reason for him to be that slow... But that's another topic and I don't care too much for it, that's just an annoyance, especially compared to his lackluster 1 and 4. His 2 would be better if it spread outwards in a cone to make it a bit less situational. As it stands, you can only use it hallways. 

Yes , lets have them drop whatever it is they are doing to cater to your individual demands. That'd be a great idea.

On the real , i don't think he's under the magnifying glass for another bit. Coming up next is Nekros and Oberon.

By the way, not asking them to drop everything they are doing. I merely would just like to see revisions made. After this long, I'm pretty sure you would too. Let's take your favorite frame, and let's make them absolutely weak in damage and utility. Now let's make you wait months. I'm fairly certain you would like to see something done about it, wouldn't you? That's all I'm saying bud. Glad to see them getting reworks, I really am. But you don't half-finish a job and go to the next.

I agree, Avalanche still needs a better CC component and Freeze is still pretty much useless- it should either freeze targets in a wider forward arc or have a freezing AOE effect around the point of impact.

Only things worth bringing on Frost are Ice Wave and Frost Globe, really. I don't use him for damage at all. With that said, his snow-globe is more than enough to make him worth using, and anything else is really just a bonus. I stopped relying on #4 nuke skills a long time ago and haven't needed it since, I suggest you try that. 

I'm not talking about giving him nuke abilities, I'm talking about CC. Instead of making him a nuker, give him CC. He's advertised as a defensive and offensive frame, and I'm fairly certain we all know that CC can be used offensively and defensively.