Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Don't Invis In Vacuum Areas In The Hive Missions

JefPlays

Question

You'll suffer a permanent vacuum effect, draining shields and health for the rest of the mission.

Suffice it to say that if this happens you will have a bad time.

(Not sure what other frame abilities trigger this, anyone care to help research?)

14 answers to this question

Shade invis do this? I run Shade and only Shade.

No idea if Shade Cloak triggers this. More testing required!

The only thing I know for sure does it is Loki's Invis. This may be a consequence of the muffle effect that comes with the ability, but it's hard to say.

Been running the Hive Missions for a while now with Loki Prime and I am always in invisible mode... Always... (like smash 2 when the effect is almost off... i mean really kept smashing while running) and i never experienced this,

That seems strange, as I did end up using Loki P in a run, and I was in an area with no protection for a while.. it got a little hairy but did end up in a spot where it was enclosed and the effect stopped.

I hope it was just a one-off though for your issue.

Oh yeah, you might not have noticed, but if your Shield is completely drained on a Vacuum, you'll never see them again.

This is installed as a security measure for Survival missions when the vacuum hits and the game make sure to absolutely positively make you dead by the time you run out of Life Support (Creating the only Vacuum in game that can blow up an Iron Skin, by the way.) So mainly this is installed because DE wants to make your life miserable at a moment that they want to make it miserable (Seriously, DE, you guys go a little too far on the Survival missions. That Vacuum damage not only is WAY too much, but it breaks WAY too many of your vacuum rules so it just comes across as cheap.)

But anyway, the point of that rambling is that sometimes that mechanic leaks into other parts of the game, as you never seeing your shield again on Corpus invasion, when you go into the portal by going outside of the ship. This happens a lot, they never managed to fix this properly and you might have experience a version of this when your shields blew up on the Vacuum of the Hive ship.