Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist-Osprey Is Devastating To Squishy Frames Like Loki, And Even Armored Frames Like Frost

ShiningArmor

I'm trying to level my Loki Prime, Bo Prime and new Mutalist Quanta on Dark Sector Defenses, but those new Ospreys just decide to ruin my day. Them being able to drop a line of gas about every 5 seconds that can drain your health in a matter of seconds makes fighting them just the worst pain ever. And then going to revive team mates in the gas, while the Osprey is dropping even MORE gas just so you can't revive them? The only one that I saw that could take the gas was Rhino with Iron Skin on. Frost Prime, Vauban, and Hydroid get torn apart by this. He's just too powerful.

Nerf pls.

I'm trying to level my Loki Prime, Bo Prime and new Mutalist Quanta on Dark Sector Defenses, but those new Ospreys just decide to ruin my day. Them being able to drop a line of gas about every 5 seconds that can drain your health in a matter of seconds makes fighting them just the worst pain ever. And then going to revive team mates in the gas, while the Osprey is dropping even MORE gas just so you can't revive them? The only one that I saw that could take the gas was Rhino with Iron Skin on. Frost Prime, Vauban, and Hydroid get torn apart by this. He's just too powerful.

Nerf pls.

theyre too easy and i have loki myself and i even forma'd

dont nerf, this game already doesnt have much of a challenge, please keep it the way it is

I heard toxic resistance helps resisting toxins

Let's assume that ten seconds of standing in farts kills you. I know, a generous estimate.

With antitoxin, you will last ~15 seconds of standing in farts. This is assuming it doesn't proc in the extra time you have, which it will, while you try to revive someone before they die. Which they will. And so will you. Because Ospreys are a******s.

Edited by Astrotrap

I heard toxic resistance helps resisting toxins

maxed(45%) Toxin resistance does nothing against them, proc still happens and you take FULL damage from them... it's like they do 50hp damage every .1 second that can't be reduced...

Edited by Arctic_Howler

1. "Don't stand in fire."

2. Try to secure the area a bit before reviving.

It's a new challenge and unless they start spawning in large numbers, reviving team mates shouldn't be a problem. (clear them out first and at a distance?)

1. "Don't stand in fire."

2. Try to secure the area a bit before reviving.

It's a new challenge and unless they start spawning in large numbers, reviving team mates shouldn't be a problem. (clear them out first and at a distance?)

Funny you say that, because... well...

Warframe0080_zps31035a36.jpg

Warframe0081_zps0f4ebf5b.jpg

Warframe0082_zps2270a5ea.jpg

They're all over the god damn place.

I wanted to level my Vauban and Penta on ODD... didn't make it to wave 10 (solo).

Those Ospreys took the fun out of grinding. I can't even play Ur alone to get some resources, they down me at wave 8+

But the worst part is they are immune to Vaubans abilities, neither Bastille nor Vortex can pin them....

Thanks DE

yea doing breeding grounds with level 150 mobs...

you can kill all but these stupid things just wipe the group, you can't rez a downed player because you die instantly trying.

Ended up using a valkyr just to revive people in poison, seems like a stupid mechanic.

instagib Zone.... stand outside and watch players die because you can't enter

That's not Venus. Look at the enemy levels. /facepalm

My bad I was looking at the lvl 12 osprey in the last photo, and was thinking it was early. I see the lvl 41 ancient and it makes more sense now. But still that is one big &#! cloud.

I think those flying rats are very unbalanced. It's a flying thing - it should be rather fragile. Or at least stop flying after a few bullets. But when the Muta Osprey is harder to kill than an ancient, and gives less reward, and poses more of a threat - then something is wrong.

There could be soft and hard Ospreys, based on squishy drones and hard Oxium Drones.

But where is my Oxium? I must have killed hundreds of those pesky things by now. And died dozens of times.

I used to get killed by poison, then I equipped anit-toxin and equilibrium. Now i'm the one player that never gets downed while fighting infested. Honestly I dont see the issue here, as this is something that poses a legit threat an can be dealt with by modding your frame correctly.

If you're Loki try using Radial Disarm.

I built my Loki without Radial Disarm, since I prefer to build mine towards Invisibility and stealth. I also think that Radial Disarm and Loki in general is useless against Infested unless you're just sneaking past them, and that doesn't work in Defense. And going invisible doesn't exactly help my team who is in a huge cloud of gas that keeps growing. Again, I will just get slaughtered. I know that Radial Disarm was changed so now it does damage and does an incredibly short stun, and still that is useless against the Mutalist-Ospreys since they don't drop gas clouds after certain times or have cooldowns for it, nor does Radial Disarm disable their ability to use the gas cloud since it doesn't count as a weapon.

I used to get killed by poison, then I equipped anit-toxin and equilibrium. Now i'm the one player that never gets downed while fighting infested. Honestly I dont see the issue here, as this is something that poses a legit threat an can be dealt with by modding your frame correctly.

What you say here is logical, perfectly doable, and totally correct.

On that note, when a new tiny flying mob suddenly becomes the biggest threat in the game - even more then Ancients - it kind of points to the fact that something here is not working logically. I can currently just run down a corridor mowing down waves of high level ancients with a 4 Forma gun, and yet, I have to backtrack and frantically run around like a madman trying to focus fire a little flying fecker spewing green stuff that makes it even harder to spot where it is.

Either Ancients need a major rebuffing or those flying bastards need a look at.

I have some trouble seeing things in the general flow of the Warframe snowstorm of multicolored rainbows of destruction, and the last thing I needed is green clouds of animated ribbons added to my view on top of what I have to deal with already.

I nor does Radial Disarm disable their ability to use the gas cloud since it doesn't count as a weapon.

I haven't confirmed it for for myself. But I've heard that it does disable osprey weapons. Just like it disables the Corprus Mine-Layer's ability.

It seems like they dialed back the spawning of mutalists though so it doesn't seem like much more of a problem then toxic ancients already were.

Edited by Ryjeon

I haven't confirmed it for for myself. But I've heard that it does disable osprey weapons. Just like it disables the Corprus Mine-Layer's ability.

It seems like they dialed back the spawning of mutalists though so it doesn't seem like much more of a problem then toxic ancients already were.

It works for Corpus proxies, but not Infested drones. All Radial Disarm does is deal a set amount of damage and deal a stun for about half a second. I've tested it myself and still got gassed out by a humongous fart cloud.

Edited by ShiningArmor