Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Infested Ospreys. What The Hell?! Are You Serious?!?!

Hexagoros

Infested Defense is now ruined by these annoying ospreys, whose mere presence is lethal.

They come in swarms, from the start, and bypass shields, and they can take down entire teams on their own.  How was this a good idea?  These are not challenging, they are cheap, and massively op.

We want a challenge, not gimmicks!  And these are gimmicks.  They are just not fun.

So now, we have units that eat energy, units that obliterate energy, ancients with auras that drain health, and now flyers that drain health.

Why?  Why the obsession with these kinds of enemies?  What happened to just fighting rather than these aura type enemies that don't fight, but whose mere presence is somehow damaging?

These guys say it nicely,

A friend and I played Sechura after the event and we were do mad about how these ospreys are just absolutely wrecking us unless u have rhino. I agree with everything u said in the post. They seem to fly randomly around the map unless they target, then if they fart anywhere even close to you, you are guaranteed to go down. This is by far one of the worst enemies. Im all about flying infested that drop crawlers, thats cool, but having them be this OP is just rediculous

They're awful in defense. Their farts kill you in roughly two seconds, they're kinda hard to hit with precision weapons, and they tend to mope around in rooms on the other side of the map instead of going for the pod.

They need a lot of work =/

It would be one thing if moving out of the fart solved the problem, but it has like a 75% chance to proc toxic.

Well i played a few games.. it got pretty funny.

http://i.imgur.com/sNGFfTQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/M1lqgYW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XM9sEs0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A5vFvGc.jpg

groups of 4-5 in each picture.

Edited by Hexagoros

Haven't tried defense so I'm reserving judgement, but my first impression is "Why don't you just shoot them down?". I have a feeling the anti-drone posts are from people using Boltor Prime who can't hit the broad side of a barn with slow projectiles. Again, haven't tried it, just where my head is now. Have to get pwned myself before I buy it. They seem really silly in the event missions.

This is what I worried about when I saw the devstream with all the new poisonous enemies.

I've stopped using shield mods all together and I dont even have these enemies in my PS4 build. Once you learn to dodge, base shields tend to be plenty, and a large health pool keeps me from dying due to slash or poison, which is much less avoidable.

Vitality + [steel fiber if it suits the frame] + Rage + Quickthinking + lifestrike are in pretty much all of my builds now, and when we get this content I'm sure I'll be glad I got used to this playstyle.

They're awful in defense. Their farts kill you in roughly two seconds, they're kinda hard to hit with precision weapons, and they tend to mope around in rooms on the other side of the map instead of going for the pod.

They need a lot of work =/

It would be one thing if moving out of the fart solved the problem, but it has like a 75% chance to proc toxic.

Those.

A friend and I played Sechura after the event and we were so mad about how these ospreys are just absolutely wrecking us unless u have rhino. I agree with everything u said in the post. They seem to fly randomly around the map unless they target, then if they fart anywhere even close to you, you are guaranteed to go down. This is by far one of the worst enemies. Im all about flying infested that drop crawlers, thats cool, but having them be this OP is just rediculous

Edited by Cadavr3

I have died instantly by them while barely seeing the cloud, I agree 100% these just took out ALL the fun in doing infested defense which was THE most fun thing to do. They have to change them, I don't mind having them around but insta kill is not fun at all.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Yeah I'm watching these eat teams long before I even reach the level 50 point in defense, even my warcry spec valkyr is losing noticeable chunks of health when just passing through the cloud briefly.

The crawler dropping mechanic is great, although they need their poison damage cut down to about 1/3 of what it currently is and remove the toxin proc, then we'll have a more balanced enemy that actually scales with level without obliterating anything under 600 armor before wave 10.

Did people cry this much when ancients left clouds like these? I will admit that there were no toxin procs back then, but the clouds were stronger than these are.

I welcome the return of watch-where-you-step infested.

This isn't watch your step.

These things buzz around the map -- very quickly -- bombing the teams with poison.  Often, the poison is dropped on the team, meaning you get hit and procced from the air

This isn't fun.  This is annoying.

Can anyone confirm that standing below toxin clouds will still poison/proc you? I see these things flitting around near the ceiling sometimes, and standing below their poison trail (not in the actual gas clouds displayed) causes me to take damage as though I were standing in the middle of it.

I tried to give DE the benefit of the doubt when they said they hadn't done a balance pass on the upcoming enemies. I tried, and proved myself a fool for doing so. The event is fairly interesting, and the new tileset is really nice (props for how optimized it is,) but holy crap is this one of the worst enemy designs I have ever come across. 

I'm a little confused as to why DE bothered with the "crawler taxi" widget when these things can fell whole teams with their fearsome bun shakers.

Seriously, DE, they're insane in the methane and it's completely wrecking our collective steez.