Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Infested Ospreys. What The Hell?! Are You Serious?!?!

Hexagoros

Haven't tried defense so I'm reserving judgement, but my first impression is "Why don't you just shoot them down?". I have a feeling the anti-drone posts are from people using Boltor Prime who can't hit the broad side of a barn with slow projectiles. Again, haven't tried it, just where my head is now. Have to get pwned myself before I buy it. They seem really silly in the event missions.

I had no problem with a dread or boltor prime. I just had to be more aware of my surroundings than I used to as usually you can just sort of zone out and do halfassed playing but with this enemy it makes things interesting. I think the issue is people got too complacent and are whining because they actually have to change their load outs and plan accordingly rather than keep the same loadout. I'm liking the risk being back in the game. It was too carebear before with infested ever since they took out the toxic ancient death cloud.

Edited by Zaresin

You think this is bad, wait until they put that Juggernaut into the game.

Idk why DE think taking health damage while your shields are still up is all that fun.

Especially not fun when one proc kills your entire health.

I mean it's poison it's bypassing the shield. makes sense. but i think it deals somewhat around 600-700 damage on a successful proc (75% chance to proc)

Especially not fun when one proc kills your entire health.

I mean it's poison it's bypassing the shield. makes sense. but i think it deals somewhat around 600-700 damage on a successful proc (75% chance to proc)

Lol wow...people have been whining for almost a year for a reason to use the underused utility resist mods and now that we have a reason, people want that reason removed? I honestly didn't realize how bipolar this community is.

They come in swarms, from the start, and bypass shields, and they can take down entire teams on their own.  How was this a good idea?  These are not challenging, they are cheap, and massively op.

We want a challenge, not gimmicks!  And these are gimmicks.  They are just not fun.

So now, we have units that eat energy, units that obliterate energy, ancients with auras that drain health, and now flyers that drain health.

Why?  Why the obsession with these kinds of enemies?  What happened to just fighting rather than these aura type enemies that don't fight, but whose mere presence is somehow damaging?

These guys say it nicely,

Some of the many ways of making a game interesting and challenging. the damage they deal however is questionable.

Lol wow...people have been whining for almost a year for a reason to use the underused utility resist mods and now that we have a reason, people want that reason removed? I honestly didn't realize how bipolar this community is.

Mate, when you're supposed to kill hundreds of those things in one match making them one shot you is severly op.

Those mods are still useless in my opinion. If I was to take off a mod to place one of those mods on my warframe I'm losing something pretty big.

Mate, when you're supposed to kill hundreds of those things in one match making them one shot you is severly op.

You do have weapons available that do aoe damage and in fact we got a nice one not too long ago granted eats ammo like crazy. We have the ignis, penta, ogris. All of which do amazing damage even in high levels. At some pointe you will need to start playing smart rather than point click same location without ever moving as we all did before.

Edited by Zaresin

You do have weapons available that do aoe damage and infant got a nice one not too long ago granted eats ammo like crazy. We have the ignis, penta, ogris. All of which do amazing damage even in high levels. At some pointe you will need to start playing smart rather than point click same location without ever moving as we all did before.

So you're for making mobs that kill you 100% on hit?

Impossible in any way you put it. you have to kill a lot of them. every one that will come and kill you will be a disaster.

On other note I personally think they could be fine if they just did damage when you are in the "fart" clouds instead of getting a proc

Making you getting hurt only while inside the fart seems to me the most reasonable to apply such damage when you can get out of it.

Jupiter-Sinai, Infested defense used to be a fun hack and slash brawl. Now its a non stop poison death turd. These infested ospreys are horrific, they are even tricky to shoot down at the end. We quit on wave 10 because it is just stupid. You have ruined a very fun part of the game.

Edited by Experiement626

So you're for making mobs that kill you 100% on hit?

Impossible in any way you put it. you have to kill a lot of them. every one that will come and kill you will be a disaster.

This game lost a lot of its risk over its development and has become more of a carebear mentality where nothing is hard anymore. Nothing. We can use the same loadout for every single map at all levels of play once you got to know what to expect. Now when going to diffrent factions we have to bring a loadout to work for that faction when before we didn't. I'm all for this. You want a game to live, give people a challenge to stay alive rather than a challenge to stay awake.

Well as it is now is ridiculous. as my 600 hp Rhino gets the proc that lasts like 8 seconds or something and dies after 4 seconds.

Then the obvious answer would be vigor and vitality or equip anti toxin with vitality or equilibrium or quick thinking

This game lost a lot of its risk over its development and has become more of a carebear mentality where nothing is hard anymore. Nothing. We can use the same loadout for every single map at all levels of play once you got to know what to expect. Now when going to diffrent factions we have to bring a loadout to work for that faction when before we didn't. I'm all for this. You want a game to live, give people a challenge to stay alive rather than a challenge to stay awake.

while i agree, i think reducing the spawn rate could be the ultimate solution imo. they come in groups of threes... sometimes..

while i agree, i think reducing the spawn rate could be the ultimate solution imo. they come in groups of threes... sometimes..

Oh I agree but I don't agree with reducing their damage as we already have ways to do that in game.

I honestly wish the shield ospreys drained enemy (Tenno unless on our side somehow) shields rather than boosted shields. They usually just get ignored on corpus maps. I like that we can't ignore the gassers. I like that we have to plan and pay attention rather than load in and check out till extract. To be honest, this was the change this game needed. Actual difficulty.

Edited by Zaresin

I honestly wish the shield ospreys drained enemy (Tenno unless on our side somehow) shields rather than boosted shields. They usually just get ignored on corpus maps. I like that we can't ignore the gassers. I like that we have to plan and pay attention rather than load in and check out till extract. To be honest, this was the change this game needed. Actual difficulty.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/249580-osprey-definitely-not-nerf-rather-reduced-spawn-rate/