Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Idea:regeneration

LasersGoPewPew

as the name suggests, its' a personal health regen mod.

the health regenerated per second could be balanced out with the max rank mod having a max of 10 or so a second, it'd be completely up to the devs on the numbers.

"but what about trinity? isn't that her job to heal people?" (having this mod wouldn't replace her, in fact the main reason it would be useful is because you could use it as a general survival tool instead of equipping specific elemental damage resistances.)

Side note: the Regen mod for the sentinel should restore its' health overtime as well as revive it once on death.

as the name suggests, its' a personal health regen mod.

the health regenerated per second could be balanced out with the max rank mod having a max of 10 or so a second, it'd be completely up to the devs on the numbers.

"but what about trinity? isn't that her job to heal people?" (having this mod wouldn't replace her, in fact the main reason it would be useful is because you could use it as a general survival tool instead of equipping specific elemental damage resistances.)

Side note: the Regen mod for the sentinel should restore its' health overtime as well as revive it once on death.

I can see this, especially with the infested stuff! Could be cool, though the aura already exists, I'd like a personal version too.

It might be super OP on valkyr with vitality + steel fiber ;P

Rejuvination already Regenerates Health.

and for something as significant as Regenerating Health, i can completely understand it being an Aura.

Health Orbs existing without needing Desecrate or getting lucky with Reckoning is a better solution to having Health troubles without a Healer.

A frame or weapon potentially getting far more mileage out of a mod is par for the course.  If we worried about how the Soma gets far more out of crit mods than a weapon like the Braton, we'd either not have a Soma or no crit mods.  Coincidentally, Valkyr is pretty much the only frame where steel fiber is worth equipping.  Rhino and Saryn are distant seconds.

A frame or weapon potentially getting far more mileage out of a mod is par for the course.  If we worried about how the Soma gets far more out of crit mods than a weapon like the Braton, we'd either not have a Soma or no crit mods.  Coincidentally, Valkyr is pretty much the only frame where steel fiber is worth equipping.  Rhino and Saryn are distant seconds.

Worth noting Armour is useful for Frost as more Armour gives the Snowglobe more health.

Worth noting Armour is useful for Frost as more Armour gives the Snowglobe more health.

Max armor frost globing all day long

Rejuvination already Regenerates Health.

and for something as significant as Regenerating Health, i can completely understand it being an Aura.

Health Orbs existing without needing Desecrate or getting lucky with Reckoning is a better solution to having Health troubles without a Healer.

This^

I keep forgetting about Frost.  Thanks.

Also, this as well.  I once suggested a few days ago a mod that converted all shielding into a second layer of armor that became less absorbing as it was chipped off, but would regenerate after a few moments just like a regular shield.  Say... at 100% "shielding," the damage was reduced 90%, so a 100 damage attack would deal 10 damage to both health and "shields."  The next attack would hit a shield at 90% capacity, so it would deal 19  damage to both health and "shields," and so on.  The other effect of this mod was that it would increase the potency of health orbs by 100-400%.  The intent was to convert the warframe's survivability from being like Halo's/CoD's regeneration to being more like DOOM's with armor mitigation, complete with the constant scavenging for health pick ups.  

Alternatively, I can see this mod having low health regeneration instead, but I like the idea of having to hunt for health pick ups personally.  I never went too deep into the math, but I'm assuming this will grant a frame has more effective health than with standard shielding, but the drawback is that health is ALWAYS being depleted with each hit.  A little give and take involved here.